Status
Not open for further replies.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
I've got one and for the price it's not a bad device.

I'd also recommend looking into the VV box mod from Mad Vapes. I had one (I broke it, like a dumbass) and absolutely loved it. I used it way more than my Lava Tube. I'll be picking up another one next time I order from them.

I do prefer box mods with 14500s over 18650 tube mods though. A pair of 14500s last plenty long (I get almost a full day), are cheaper and they charge quicker.

Greykin

Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Arizona, USA
I have one and it's been fantastic. 1 thing though...you want to get a later version of the lava tube as it has a higher amp limit (and thus can run dual coil cartos) and will display battery level as well as atty/carto resistance. Either the version 1.5 or the version 2 will do.

Personally, I think the best deal is on vaporbeast.com. For six bucks less than the site you linked, they're selling the version 2 and the same accessories the other site offers.

http://www.vaporbeast.com/The_Vector_Black_p/skvb.htm

jcalvin1126

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
Nixa, Mo
Or you could get the one you linked to for $50 shipped, $60 in chrome or $73 in Stainless steel with code Vtube30.
You'll just need one more battery to match the kit you linked to. Orbtronic.com has the best battery available, the Panasonic 2250mah CGR18650CH, for $8 shipped.

Apollo VTube Kit

listen to this guy i didnt and got the valcano lava tube for way higher price ;-) lol

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Just wanted to note here, I bought the stainless steel model from Apollo a few days ago for $73, shipped (the one sailorman mentioned above) and I love it. It is a version 1, which AFAIK means it was made by the original company that introduced 'em (I could be wrong about this). It is not suited for running dual coil cartos - at least not the low resistance ones - but those things seem pretty worthless to me anyhow so I don't care. In short, for the money this is the best deal I've seen in awhile so I snatched one up. I'm delighted with the PV, the price, with Apollo... heck, even with USPS (this time)!

If I were thinking about buying one now I'd carefully check out all the features, options, prices & vendors and make the most informed decision to suit my personal vaping preferences. Your choice might be very different from mine but I'd definitely give Apollo a look before making the choice.

Best of luck & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

sohail36

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2011
uk
yes it ROCKS!!!

ive had the black version and it performs really great the only negative part about it is that if you drop it then the top cap will get loosened and will soon come apart with more drops.

The good news is they are selling the new chrome version which is solid and pretty much break free all in all its a great device

martsumoto

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
Ecuador
www.liquivapejuice.com
Or you could get the one you linked to for $50 shipped, $60 in chrome or $73 in Stainless steel with code Vtube30.
You'll just need one more battery to match the kit you linked to. Orbtronic.com has the best battery available, the Panasonic 2250mah CGR18650CH, for $8 shipped.

Apollo VTube Kit

+1 Im vaping with my red mini vtube as we speak, great vv device, cant be touch for the price

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thanks for all the great advice, but I'm still new to this. So what's a dual coil carto?

A dual coil cartomizer has 2 coils inside. Each coil is twice the resistance of the carto as a whole. So a 1.5ohm dual coil consists of two 3ohm coils inside the same casing.

The battery sees 1.5ohms. It has no way of telling what is inside. Because of the 2.5amp limit, if you put a 1.5ohm carto on a Vtube, it will cut your voltage to around 3.7V (3.7 / 1.5 = 2.47 amps).

With a single coil 1.5 ohm carto, this isn't so bad. A 1.5 ohm coil running at 3.7 volts is burning with 9.12 watts. That's a good vape and what low resistance cartos and attys were meant to do. They were invented to simulate 5 volt vaping with a 3.7 volt battery. The low 1.5 ohm resistance consumes roughly the same number of watts with only 3.7 volts as a standard 3ohm coil would if it was connected to a 5 volt battery.

But, with a dual coil cartomizer, that 3.7 volts only gives you half the wattage per coil, because each individual coil is 3 ohms instead of 1.5 ohms. So, what you have is two coils, each using 4.56 watts instead of one coil using 9.12 watts. For most people, 4.56 watts isn't a very good vape. That's why you don't see many people using a 3 ohm carto on a 3.7 volt battery. If a 3 ohm coil doesn't work well on 3.7 volts, then two of them aren't going to make matters much better. 2 x bad is still bad.

If you stick to single coil cartos/attys/clearos in the range of 2.5 to 3 ohms, you'll be fine and able to use the full range of voltages available on the Vtube. Within that range of resistance, the amp limit will not be exceeded, no matter what voltage you select, and the Vtube won't self-adjust your voltage to something lower than what you have selected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread