lavatube help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elan123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Utah
I am going to buy a lavatube today.... but I need some help.

I don't understand ohms and LR and HR and this and that... I just want to know whats ideal for a tank type setup (the one with a carto with a hole punched in it) for the lavatube?

I see some good deals on madvapes for the 3.5 ml tank setup but it has a dual coil in it and I saw a video where the lavatube doesn't like dual coils..

So where to find a normal tank setup thats decent for around the same price as madvapes $13 one??

Also, maybe someone can also recommend some XL cartos for this thing that will work? The ones that hold 50+ drops.

Basically, my wife and I will share this thing... but she likes different flavors than I do, so if I have 2 tank systems set up we can just switch them out whenever... she doesn't know anything about these things at all so she cant drip or anything.

Please, give me some recommendations as to how I can make this as easy as possible for both of us!

Thanks in advance...

Please post links when talking about a product you recommend for me.

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
Basically, you can use LR stuff on the Lavatube, but it will adjust down the voltage automatically. So if you are using say 1.7 ohm carto, you can put the LT all the way up to 6 volts, and it will adjust itself down to about 3.5 or less. You wont see that on the screen, but it does. I would say go with any carto that is above 2.4 to 2.6 ish. I use clearomizers at 2.4-2.6 and I can crank that puppy up and it hits pretty good. Dual coil cartos for some reason also apparently make the LT dial itself down to a lower setting, not sure why, so I wouldnt go with DCs.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Tube Tank - Refill Cartomizer

Tube Tank

LAVATUBE High Resistance 3.0 ohm Atomizer

either cartomizer will work but I went with the 3.0 ohm so I could run it at a higher voltage. Works well with the tube tank. the 7ml tank is about the same diameter as the lava tube, the 4ml a bit thinner but closer to your price point.

I also picked up some of their atomizers in 3.0 ohm for dripping and they seem to work very well also. Since I didn't have a clue what I needed or what ohm would work with what voltage, I stuck with their products that i knew would work. Just made it easy on myself the first time. As I learn more about it I can branch out into other vendor supplies.

So this is about as easy as I could get it for my first mod. Might not be the cheapest way to do it, but I was looking for convenience this go round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread