The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tank addiction!

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Kittyntwinstarz, Feb 25, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kittyntwinstarz

Kittyntwinstarz Senior Member Verified Member

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    So I had the Tobeco super mini tank from years ago. I bought the Smok pro color kit but was going through coils for the big baby beast tank every 2 days. I decided to use Tobeco tank which was better but hard to draw. I then got the crown OG after debating between that and the Smok Prince. The crown coil lasted only 3 days cuz I had it unlocked in my pocket and accidentally upped the wattage to 225 and took a fat hit. My daughter then convinced me to buy the Smok Prince and I’m going 1 week strong with this coil minus the gunk from this juice.

I now have 4 tanks filled with 4 juices. I was looking maybe getting the rebuildable tank next but I hate building. My brother has the cloud beast and swears by it but when I tried it I found the Prince to be much better.

Am I the only one with a tank addiction?

• Like Like x 1
  2. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    The thing with building is: it's as hard as you make it out to be. Can be as easy as doing a few turns of wire around some round thingy you found in a drawer, screwing the coil down and putting your cotton in. The coil itself will last for months, with occasional dry burning and rewicking.
    There's many tanks now that work well with a simple build, for any style of vaping.
    The main advantage, besides being dirt cheap, is you can adjust your build to your taste which is impossible with premade coils. If you're a direct lung type it will most likely also save you battery and at least a bit of juice.

Pretty sure you're not the only one with a tank addiction, but I'm not one of them. I have more of an RDA addiction :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Doubtful!
    Currently have 6 OBS Engine tanks of various styles (1 Engine Sub, 1 Engine and 4 Engine Nano's).
    I might get more this summer... I mean, I still have mods to make!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    No you are not alone. LOL. I enjoy the variety of different tanks. RTAs are a lot of fun and I think every vaper should know how to build a coil, given the status of vaping at the moment. It's worth the time and investment. Like many things (e.g. DIY) it can be as simple or as complicated as you make it.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steve W Pedersen

Steve W Pedersen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 11, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    I think I have this particular disease as well.
    My current stable of Tanks is
    2x Griffin 25 plus
    1 zeus
    1 aspire revvo
    1 OBS engine nano
    on order are
    Aromamizer Titan
    and the themis both versions.
    And I'm vacillating on whether or not I will invest in squonking and their various rdas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. rollersk4te

rollersk4te Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2016
    Orlando, FL
    I always keep a variety of tanks on the principle I may not be able to find coils that aren't out of stock or I may break a tank.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    These are great times to be vaping with the large variety out there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    No, you are not the only one, this forum is full of addicts. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Since I have convinced myself that some juices can vary significantly in different tanks with different coils/power, I have multiple tanks with specific juices assigned to each. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    I have a similar setup but with RDAs and groups of flavors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    same here XD Rda addiction and you forgot to mention you can buy pre-rolled coils too, that's what i've been doing and even with fresh wicks i have a new build in about 20 mins max (if i really take my time lolz,i usually rush it in 10-15 xD)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ipster

Ipster Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Kudos!
    all of us who survived the fear of stocking supplies to last us __ __years started to have extras.
    I dont build, hope I dont need to. I have enough in replacement tank glass, O rings, coils, wick,
    Wire,etc,etc,etc
    So long as your gear stash doesnt go bad, its really just batts & fresh liquid!
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  13. LyLyV

LyLyV Senior Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)
    Same!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2014
    MN
    Nope not by a long shot :vapor:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    That’s so true. My prince tank is .... for my fruit flavors but amazing for my dessert ones.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    I’m getting convinced to do this. I used to do this but it’s been a few years. Where do you get your pre made coils and are they deck specific? Also what wicking material do you use? I always found hemp to be the best for the drip setup I had.

17. QcVaper

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    I use premade ones from Geekvape, no idea where to get them as i buy em in stores + i'm in canada so shops aren't the same here lollz.
    Deck wise you're not limited anything fits anywhere mostly, for example i use some fused claptons (3mm diameter, .22 0hms dual coil setup) they've been lasting me since about november/december can't remember exactly when.
    Wicking wise alot of people use cotton bacon, i use jellyfish cotton because it's softer to work with, but i don't recommend to a beginner as it stretches very easily and is harder to work with than cotton bacon.

TLDR: use any coils in any rdas with cotton bacon and there you go, no need for specific tools imho besides for ceramic tweezers which i think are very important.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    You had me at cotton bacon. This is a real thing? Please tell me it has no bacon flavor or you will have just changed the game for me lolz.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. QcVaper

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    AHAHAHAHAHAH:lol::lol::lol:....No unfortunately it dosen't taste bacon :p (would be weird with fruity flavors anyway :lol:)

Though i don't remember what kind of atomiser you're searching for, if you don't mind a dual coil dripper/squonker go with a drop rda, best flavor i've gotten on many juices with this thing. Though you might want to look at RTAs for easier usage.
    RDA= rebuildable dripping atomiser
    RTA = rebuildable tank atomiser

Biggest difference: one has a tank the other dosen't (unless you go the squonker route of course but that's anothet story lolz)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    I have the Smok Prince tank I was looking for a deck for that tank.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.