The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

lemon juice baby

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by misantroll, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. misantroll

misantroll Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2009
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Now it's like 7 hours puffing like a shrimp on this weak atomizer.
    Ok of cours I've topped it off, I've been dripping it. But people please listen to me... It's like more than a brand new atomizer... After te Cola test one of my three atomizers died scaling in twice (May I talk like a russian baby I still am a baby BABY) Still now 7 hours with the lemon atomizer I'm fine bb yeah bb

2. misantroll

misantroll Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2009
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    OMG the taste of MRLBORO+green tea I've made from TW juices back in my mouth from that lemon juice treatment.....

3. jimgman

jimgman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2008
    delaware
    misantroll , do you do infomercials? c'mon, sell me a shamwow.... LOL, glad you are trying new methods for cleaning. keep us posted as to whether the black tar is coming off, that is the key here. even soaking in cold water has brought perfomance back to weak atomizers for me.....

4. Ann

Ann Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2009
    Virginia
    Does anyone think that vinegar would hurt an atty?

5. surbitonPete

surbitonPete Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    misantroll must have the ugliest avatar I have seen......yuk......lol

6. qdilla

qdilla Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2009
    the windy city
    Ok i use canned air blow all holes then use my steam cleaner on the wick it works awesome ,super vapor.

7. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida

Ann--No way will Vinegar, cola, hydro preroxide, lemon juice, steam, or alcohol in any way compromise the atomizer---Sun

8. Ann

Mar 16, 2009
    Virginia
    Thank you, Sun

9. Ann

Mar 16, 2009
    Virginia
    That sounds like a good idea.

10. blueeyekelly

blueeyekelly Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2009
    all ove the USA
    Ok I butting in, I don't know about cleaning atomizers because... well I don't have one yet. However, if you want to use something a little stronger then lemon juice go get some citric acid wonderful stuff cleans the coffee pot better then vinegar and smells better too... and it is nice and sour for flavoring all around good stuff. you can get it online or at soap making or brewing shops. But if you think lemon juice or vinegar cleans well... they are lite weight to compared to a nice citric acid solution. (sorry big fan of citric acid use it in anything from bath bombs to cotton candy sugar...lol)

11. kinabaloo

kinabaloo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I'm all for testing citric acid - and comparing it with phosphoric acid; it is a simple inorganic acid that should not leave its own deposit.

12. Sun Vaporer

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Kinabaloo--Ok more money for the team here--Terrapon has spent a ton and so have I, but if you think this is viable enough, then I will order some from Bickfords and give it a try---but only if you think this is not the "shoe polish" routine--LOL----Sun

13. blueeyekelly

Apr 2, 2009
    all ove the USA
    If anyone needs a couple oz of citric acid crystals and lives in the US I can part with a couple oz in the name of science :) I have a couple lbs and I would hate for you to waist money on my sugestion if it doesn't work..

14. kinabaloo

Sun - I just don't have any suitable attys for testing it or i would of course do so myself. A few weeks later I will be in a position to do a few tests.

Citric acid is inorganic so quite different for phosphoric acid. A stronger acid than acetic, reasonably safe and easy to get. People have reported success with it in the form of lemon juice. So for these reasons it's a good shot.

ps : need to get the pure powder crystals and make a solution as concentrated as possible by slowly adding hot distilled water to the crystals, little by little, and stirring at each add until all is dissolved. Might take only a little water.

15. blueeyekelly

Apr 2, 2009
    all ove the USA
    That is what I would recomend the premixed stuff is fine for preserving snowcone syrup but the powder is great for loads of thing. Cleans wonderful, put a cup in the broiler of my comercial expresso machine and cleaned out years of deposits (that was why I got the machine so cheap the steam wand was totally blocked)

And like I said if you live in the US I will send you a couple oz, no strings attatched.

16. Sun Vaporer

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Kinabaloo--Atomizers are not an issue--getting this citric acid is. I will have to order it to start the testing--I now have 12 atomizers (some donated--(thanks everyone!!). So will be running the test as soon as I get my hands on some. Am trying the VG v. PG test this week---Sun

17. kinabaloo

Sun - you're one busy guy !

You should be able to get citric acid cheaper at your local pharmacist/chemist (no postage).

18. blueeyekelly

Apr 2, 2009
    all ove the USA
    Dude send me your address and I will mail you some monday, I'm all for donating for science....

19. revdrlon

revdrlon Full Member

Apr 6, 2009
    ky
    i just posted this same reply under the cleaning atomisors post, but you guys seem to be into experimenting a bit more, so i pass this on to you as well.

okay guys, im fairly new to this (i havent even got my dse901 in the mail yet) but i am quite good with pipe care. i know the best way to remove any sign a pipe has been used is by soaking it in a mixture of kosher salt and grain alchohol. i dont know it this would damage the atomisor, but i know with a pipe when you do it if you let it sit that way for about 8 hours the mixture is solid brown from all the nicotine it removes from the briar. if it does it that well with a pipe then why wouldnt it work to get an atomisor clean?

hopefully somebody has some grain alcohol and some kosher salt lying around and can give this a try.

i am really looking to this post to keep my supplies clean when i get them

20. Sun Vaporer

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    Kinabaloo--Yes--a lot of tests going on right now--I can not find Citric Acid locally here in US save for ordering online---any ideas from anyone here or I will place an order online with Bickfords????---Sun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.