leo clearomizer impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheuskane

Mar 19, 2012
illinois
I just recieved the clearomizer and after filling it and letting it sit to wick for longer than thirty minutes. I had filled it around eighty percent. I began to vape and at first vape it was very harsh. I didnt give up on it and kept at it and the vape improved a whole lot. It had an increase in flavor and in vapor. Its full and rich and satisfying. However if you suck to hard it is possible to suck up the juice into the tip and in your mouth. I solved this by gapping the seat the tip makes with the clearomizer. I had my tip stuffed down tight and that allowed a vaccum effect and my tip became a straw. But if you can manage to master it then i am telling you its a worthy accessory in your vaping kit. I have had mine less than twenty four hours and i really am starting to enjoy it very much. Anyone else love theres also?

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
SE Ohio
Well now that you've been vaping the Leo clearomizer for awhile ... how's it going? How does it compare to the Leo Dual Coil LR cartos? How much e-liquid does it hold and do you go through it faster than the a regular carto?

I'd love to know this too as I just ordered my first clearomizer. I'm in love with the DC LR's, so we'll see how this goes. If there's no other response, I'll post my experience with it :)

daisy

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My Clearomizers are in transit but this is what my son-in-law had to say about them in an email he sent to me today:

Have you tried the dual coil LR clear tanks? They rock so hardcore I can't use the cartos anymore!
You gotta give em a whirl. Better vapor production, cleaner hit, stronger flavor, and smoother throat hit.
Give em a try if you haven't already!

I convinced him to give The Leo with DC/LR cartos a try a couple of weeks ago and he really liked it. Hopefully I'll be trying out a Leo Clearomizer on Monday or Tuesday.

... I've heard they look pretty disgusting after a couple of days ...

I've got a tank I use on an 808 and yeah ... after a few days the juice does turn to a dark amber color. Not disgusting looking at all ... it just looks like I'm vaping pancake syrup.

I'll report back an hour after The Mail arrives.

DragonXIII

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
North Alabama
www.myclassicvw.com
I'm not to sure about the CE type cartos. I ordered 3 from VZ. I got them in and had to figure out how to fill them without a syringe for starters. (I didn't have one handy) I finally got the end plug out and filled one. Almost right away it burned on me. (I didn't let it wick enough or I took too long a drag on it) I filled another and let it soak a bit before starting on it. It worked better but I still had issues with wicking. Thick 100% VG is defiantly not recommended in these CE type cartos. After that I had the two in rotation and got about a week out of them before they were not working up to par. So for now I am back on the regular DC cartos. I'm sure a thinner juice and knowing how to keep the wick wet is how to get the best out of these. But they are not something I would recommend for the beginner to vaping.

I tried fixing the burnt one by pulling the burnt wick material through the coil and cutting the burnt part off. It took away the taste of burnt wick. But after taking it apart it started having leaking problems. In these particular cartos the cup the bottom coil sits in has a silicone rubber joining tube that set right down on the wick (Possibly choking it off to a degree) and the top coil has a silicone rubber end cap and it too sets right on top of the wick.

After tinkering with them and thinking about it a while, playing around with the wick and the coils I determined that the whole wicking idea needs to go. I came up with a design that could possibly replace the whole wick idea. It looks good on paper but in practice who knows. I don't have any way to develop it so if anyone cares to hear it I can throw it out there for anyone to run with it.

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
SE Ohio
I finally put some juice in mine. I chose Gooey Butter Cake from altcig.com (yum! little shameless plug there!) and got out my syringe. Mine came from WhiteStagvapor here in Ohio (another shameless plug - Thom rocks!) and he included a needle tip bottle, but I decided to do at least the primer fill with an actual syringe because I figured it'd be harder to do the first insertion (and I was right). Thom included a page and a half of wonderful instructions and I followed them to the letter and had no problem. I really wanted to pick it up and vape, but I was a good girl and let it sit for 40 mins (longer than I was told, but I wanted to be sure the wicks were saturated) then fired it up. It was awesome! Great flavor, amazing TH, clouds of vapor! I decided to stick with my syringe for filling and it's worked well - although I'm sure I could use the bottle at this point. The big warnings were these: Don't drop it and watch for a breakdown of the glue at the bottom. If the glue seal breaks, it can just be superglued and apparently that works wonders. The company making them is working on a different glue, atm, to try to combat this issue.

In a moment of slow motion panic I watched as my arm caught the charging cable and my Lea with a leo adapter and my Clearo hit the floor. I freaked. I started checking seals (apparently this is the biggest way the glue goes south). It's fine - I got lucky because it only fell about 2 feet. It did, however, make me much more aware of it and where I sit it down when I'm using my unit as a passthrough!

IMHO, these are great, can't wait for a glue revision and I've had no wicking, burning or other taste issues and it's been about 4 days now. I was hesitant to use the liquid I did, but it's held up well and the flavor is as good as dripping (I'm a major dripper).

I give it 2 thumbs up! With maybe part of a thumb missing for the glue issue, lol!

daisy

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I received my order from E-Cig Arsenal yesterday and now I know what it's like to vape a Leo CE Dual Coil Clearomizer.

Wonderful.

The hardest part was waiting. Waiting for the order to show up here in Canada, and waiting for the Clearomizer to absorb my favorite e-liquid. And now ... to vape!

Like I said ... wonderful. I'm very pleased with the Leo DC/LR cartos. More Flavor, TH, and vapor than I know what to do with. And now using a Clearomizer ... Wow! A little more TH and a little more vapor. And here's the weird part ...

Using the same e-liquid ... the flavor is different depending on which carto I'm using. It's hard to describe (obviously) the difference. All I know is ... I Like It!

The only negative so far ... and it's relatively inconsequential ... is the look of the Clearomizer. A Leo with a DC/LR carto looks like a very cool stylistic cigar. With a Clearomizer it looks more like a device. Maybe in the future they'll come in different colors. A "smoke" tinted Clearomizer would be very cool indeed.

Now all that remains to be seen is how long these will last and can they be cleaned and reused. Field testing these is going to be a lot of fun.

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
SE Ohio
I received my order from E-Cig Arsenal yesterday and now I know what it's like to vape a Leo CE Dual Coil Clearomizer.

Wonderful.

The hardest part was waiting. Waiting for the order to show up here in Canada, and waiting for the Clearomizer to absorb my favorite e-liquid. And now ... to vape!

Like I said ... wonderful. I'm very pleased with the Leo DC/LR cartos. More Flavor, TH, and vapor than I know what to do with. And now using a Clearomizer ... Wow! A little more TH and a little more vapor. And here's the weird part ...

Using the same e-liquid ... the flavor is different depending on which carto I'm using. It's hard to describe (obviously) the difference. All I know is ... I Like It!

The only negative so far ... and it's relatively inconsequential ... is the look of the Clearomizer. A Leo with a DC/LR carto looks like a very cool stylistic cigar. With a Clearomizer it looks more like a device. Maybe in the future they'll come in different colors. A "smoke" tinted Clearomizer would be very cool indeed.

Now all that remains to be seen is how long these will last and can they be cleaned and reused. Field testing these is going to be a lot of fun.

It's amazing and kind of ugly all at the same time, lol! I look at the wicks like little octopus arms smooshed against the plastic walls. Waiting after filling was rough! I'm glad you like yours too - kind of another happy vote in its corner.

I'm still waiting to see if I spring any leaks from the drop - but so far so good!

I'll let you play mad doctor and try to clean yours first, lol! I'm scared to do anything but refill mine! Good thing I really love my gooey butter cake! You're right btw, the same juices do taste different in different devices. It's actually pretty clean in my Lea 510lr's, better than other ones I've tried - but that could just be the choice of filler, it's hard to tell sometimes! The only way I can try to get the pure taste is dripping, but then there are flavors that I think taste better from my clearo than dripping - and that amazed me too! I'll drip still, always - especially with the 306lr's now, and the new bridgeless 510's, but I will be getting more clearos - alien looking or not, lol!

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... the wicks look like little octopus arms

I know! It does look like some octapoidal sea creature is floating around in there. Now I realize this might not be the strongest marketing feature of the Leo Clearomizer but after a couple of days vaping with it ... I Don't Care What it looks like. It Tastes Great.

Still waiting to see if it'll spring a leak. Has anyone posted the cleaning method? I've been using a KR808 tank that turned my almost clear e-liquid into looking like pancake syrup by the second refill. No discoloring yet and I lost count how many top-offs I've done. Taste, TH, and Vapor are absolutely outstanding.

There's going to be the regular Vancouver Vapers Meet-Up this Sunday April 29th. I've never been to any vapers gathering. Gonna go and bring my Leo Clearomizer. The only time I've seen another vaper is when I look in the morror.

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
SE Ohio
The vape is awesome isn't it??? It hasn't changed (in a bad way) or degraded since I first filled it and I find that it's actually tasting better as those wicks get supersaturated - that's why I'm a bit worried about cleaning one... I think this one will always be gooey butter cake. Any future ones I get, I think I'll order for certain flavors and then make sure I have a few spares in case I find a new flavor that I think is worthy of the clearo treatment. I'm also having a lot of fun with the Lea tanks - that's some nice clean flavor too, and being a dripper, I think that comes closest to that experience for me - not that I don't have like 20 cartos of different flavors and Leo & Leas cartos and tanks with repeated flavors because I like how some taste with one over the other.

Mine's still *knock on wood* not leaking and the seal is still intact from the fall as well (same glue, same area, two different ways for the glue to fail). All I know is that I won't be putting anything cinnamon-ish in it, not a chance I'm willing to take! I've had no change in color in mine at all - GBC has a very distinct orange type color and I've seen no deviation holding the clearo up to the bottle.

If a vaping gathering is as fun as a PEZ (yes PEZ) gathering - you'll have a blast! You never run out of things to talk about when you're with like-minded people!

Hope you have fun!

StompinBob

Feb 25, 2011
SW Montana USA
I'm on my second Leo Clearomizer. My first lasted only about 2 weeks. All the liquid spilled out while I was removing it from the battery. WAIT! It was entirely my fault! I learned from ECigArsenal folks that I had to be more careful when unscrewing from the battery. I held it by the tube but should have held it by the silver screw band at the bottom. I wish I'd known the tip here about using super glue to put the band back on. Sadly I threw mine out.

My second one I use every day--in the car and at home. Made a nice little holder (small wood block with hole sized to fit battery drilled out) for it so I can keep it standing upright. I have a continual problem with leaking from the bottom to the battery and need to unscrew and wipe both ends out several times a day. I also have a lot of leaking on top onto the top of the silicone washer/disk that sits on top of the coil.

If anyone has ideas about how to solve the leaks, I'd love to hear them.

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
SE Ohio
Mine's still *knock on wood* not leaking and the seal is still intact from the fall as well (same glue, same area, two different ways for the glue to fail). All I know is that I won't be putting anything cinnamon-ish in it, not a chance I'm willing to take! I've had no change in color in mine at all - GBC has a very distinct orange type color and I've seen no deviation holding the clearo up to the bottle.

The seal on mine went about a week after I posted that. I still have it, I have yet to glue it because I have so much other stuff to use. I was also draining all the GBC liquid out and I'm going to try to get it as clean - at least around the part that needs to be glued - by using some alcohol and cotton swabs. If acrylic nails can stand up to an alcohol wash before painting to make the surface as clean as possible, it should work on the clearo too - I hope!

I'm on my second Leo Clearomizer. My first lasted only about 2 weeks. All the liquid spilled out while I was removing it from the battery. WAIT! It was entirely my fault! I learned from ECigArsenal folks that I had to be more careful when unscrewing from the battery. I held it by the tube but should have held it by the silver screw band at the bottom. I wish I'd known the tip here about using super glue to put the band back on. Sadly I threw mine out.

My second one I use every day--in the car and at home. Made a nice little holder (small wood block with hole sized to fit battery drilled out) for it so I can keep it standing upright. I have a continual problem with leaking from the bottom to the battery and need to unscrew and wipe both ends out several times a day. I also have a lot of leaking on top onto the top of the silicone washer/disk that sits on top of the coil.

If anyone has ideas about how to solve the leaks, I'd love to hear them.

I also noticed the residue collecting between the tank and the mouthpiece. Some of that is, of course, moist air from our mouths. The other residue is from vaping, but not inhaling all of it so it collects. I've noticed this on *all* my big Leo standard tanks. I have to wipe them off before I top them off - plus every couple days I'll wipe out the mouthpiece on a carto if I've been using it a lot - nothing grosser than a big blob of spit & ejuice plopping out - EWWWWWWWW! It happened to me *once* after that I've become more diligent - not so much as with my clarinet mouthpieces, but close enough!

Good idea on the holder - I keep mine in a desk organizer so I have room for all my little stuff, plus my Leo/Lea (and older joye510 batts cause I still use those in public) and it works really well (especially for $8 at Walmart!) and it has a similar unit that will hold the little stuff better so that's next on my list of organizational supplies!

Toodles for now!

daisy

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
SE Ohio
Here's a question for anyone using the Clearo or a Leo dual coil - does anyone else get headaches from the rubber mouthpiece? I kept getting headaches while I was vaping and I noticed, finally, that it was occuring when I was using cartos with rubber mouthpieces. It's not as bad with the Clearo as it is with a DC, so I'm wondering - even past the rubber mouthpiece - if it's the bits of yarn vs the polyfill because it's not as horrible with the Clearo. I've only tried one brand of Leo DC, maybe I should try the other?

I dunno, it's just strange!

daisy

Last edited:

daisygirlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
SE Ohio
No headaches here. Just fun. I've been ping-ponging between the Leo Clearomizer, the Leo DC/LR carto, and the Go-Go tank. My clearomizer is getting a tad sludgy. Any cleaning hints?

I'm thinking hot water shot in and pulled out with a *real* vs plastic syringe needle. In my case, I can just reach in and sorta squeeze out the yarn and do some wiping since my bottom fell off. If you just want to get the sludge out, get an 18 gauge needle (blunt is fine, sharp might be easier) and stick it into the goo and pull - it's going to be resistant so you'll have to have patience. I don't know if you've ever tried to pull pure VG out with a syringe & needle (I learned fast to use something different) but it takes time and this will be about the same deal, lots of resistance trying to pull the plunger back into the carto because it's pressurized due to the tight seal with the plug.

This is just my best guess - others may have smarter ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread