Let's talk about the e-power

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
pros, it's awesome! my vortex works flawless on it, it doesn't feel cheap in your hand, the button is a semi-soft rubber and works great for me. can't say about batt life yet but it's lasted me all day so far, bigger than ego but still comfortable in hands, small than a dime in diameter.

cons, gotvapes atty will not work on mine cause the threads are too short, bottom dented up and kinda wobbles when I put it standing up, one batt was doa little metal tab at top was improperly soldered and won't take a charge or toke, no carrying case available that I can find, nor any suggestions on one. Overall worth every penny for me, I just hope my batt dies at a convenient time.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
When I got it I charged up the batts and took it to work. None of my smart carts will fit the atties and none of my cartos would fire but they were 1.5 ohm and I read where those don't work sometimes so I brought the epower home, took the batt out and set it to the side until I got some 2.0 cartos and vortex in. Well this morning checked my batts charger shows green and now the epower won't work at all. No blue light on button . I double checked the batt direction. I get nothing. So I still haven't got to use it and it is killing me.

Going to check those batts now. Day has calmed down

if your epower is doa contact daniel and let him know.

Last edited by a moderator:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
If its DOA on ya Laure you can send it back but one thing on these...the ICR 14650's have a flat top and its easy to put them in backwards and you can fry the switch....not sayign this is what happened to you...reason I bring this up is because I once slipped the batteries in myself backwards - it won't kill it right away at all but if they are left in there for any length of time. One guy that emailed in had done that same exact thing but nice thing about it is we have the spare kits where you can get just the cone, body tube and switch for a pretty reasonable price....we'll try to have each individual part available sperately later...

On atties that may not work the contact for the ePower, while it is good can be a little lower set...if you have a problem atty or cartomizer you can actually look under your atty or carto and adjust the atty/carto's pin down a bit to help it make better contact....

edit: also with some lower ohm atties, the epower has a pcb board and sometimes will not work with them due to overload protection in the PCB...its not recommended to go below 2.0 ohm on these although some have said they can use down to 1.5 but that could be that although the atty is rated at 1.5ohm it actually may be higher ohm rated when placed on a meter...I have used mine successfully on our dual coil cartomizers that have an effective ohm of 1.5-1.6 but each individual coil in those is at 3.2 ohm...

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
btw are you having problems with both batteries laure?

When I got it I charged up the batts and took it to work. None of my smart carts will fit the atties and none of my cartos would fire but they were 1.5 ohm and I read where those don't work sometimes so I brought the epower home, took the batt out and set it to the side until I got some 2.0 cartos and vortex in. Well this morning checked my batts charger shows green and now the epower won't work at all. No blue light on button . I double checked the batt direction. I get nothing. So I still haven't got to use it and it is killing me.

Going to check those batts now. Day has calmed down

if your epower is doa contact daniel and let him know.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
PM'd you about your battery...

pros, it's awesome! my vortex works flawless on it, it doesn't feel cheap in your hand, the button is a semi-soft rubber and works great for me. can't say about batt life yet but it's lasted me all day so far, bigger than ego but still comfortable in hands, small than a dime in diameter.

cons, gotvapes atty will not work on mine cause the threads are too short, bottom dented up and kinda wobbles when I put it standing up, one batt was doa little metal tab at top was improperly soldered and won't take a charge or toke, no carrying case available that I can find, nor any suggestions on one. Overall worth every penny for me, I just hope my batt dies at a convenient time.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
PM'd you about your battery...

yes you did and took care of it. I was kinda shocked and surprised that on good Friday you pm'ed me to replace my batt even though I didn't find it much of a loss. I hope you and chris have a very happy easter because you've both earned it.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
Now all this talk has got me even more curious.......I do like a challenge:) May just have to give this a go sooner than later.

Hi keelala, da loved her gift and thank you for helping! I gotta hobble my way upstairs and go to bed. good news, I took off the foot brace and it's healing quickly! might even be able to pull off all the toe curling da was going to show me lol!

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Hi keelala, da loved her gift and thank you for helping! I gotta hobble my way upstairs and go to bed. good news, I took off the foot brace and it's healing quickly! might even be able to pull off all the toe curling da was going to show me lol!

Hi hon....yes she did! Told ya she would:) No need to thank me...was happy to be part of it. She is much more herself today...er yesterday....was great to hear it too!

Oh that foot brace....I bet you are thrilled to be rid of it! Good to hear it's healing quick...especially considering all the use it's gotten....and lol on the toe curling...you'll make her day;)

Sweet Dreams to ya.....((hugs))

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dan I'm confused mine isn't the titanium one that laurae and Dan have and it isn't the black one that is sold it doesn't have the ego rubbery black feel or the e-power logo? Its very very hard to thread I think I might have gotten the promo model by accident, or the wrong box shipped to me, not quite sure what I have in all honesty, but it doesn't match the black one...Its quite ok I don't like black much......I swear my luck just stinks

I spend literally hours working on figuring out the design and I think they need to lengthen the power source center pin this would allow for a better fit of the atomizers, cartomizers, ce2's ect that are currently on the market to fit without having to adjust them. A simple thing that makes a BIG DIFFERENCE especially when it comes to new users.

What might be helpful to all is....1 the smartcart doesn't work because the atty is a wide bridge atty it simply hits the plastic not the wicking material....2 a 306 atty and just about any atty will work if you use a small flathead screwdriver, like for eyeglasses..... place it between the center part of the atty and the side pry it up just a bit that will allow it to connect to the power source without having to be thread down so far......you might have to do this every time you go to put ANY new atomizers, cartomizers, ce2's ect on the unit.....3 If your charger goes red....flashing red...green then your battery IS charging (this information is from the maker of the charger) I personally tried the screwdriver thing or I wouldn't have wrote about it...the atomizer I used was some cheap one I thought was a dud but its center pin was so far recessed it didn't work on my ego LOL go figure

From what I read Laurae you switch thing might be a dud....if you want Dan you can send me the cone and tube (titanium please I don't like black LOL) and laurae the center switch out of one of the kits...yeah I KNOW I'm a ROYAL PITA!! ok thats it I need sleep I was starring at ego's and the e-power for hours trying to figure all of this out I sure hope it helps....Dan if you would mention the design thing to the manufacturer I'm sure it will save many venders call tags refunds and headache's on such a simple fix...Just look at the regular ego and the e=power together you will see the difference in height of the center power source pin GOODNIGHT ALL

Last edited:

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
I got an epower as a backup. It works just great for me. I never got an ego because of the non replaceable batts. Using 1300mah batteries and since I only use it occasionally they last for days. Sometimes after screwing the thing together it won't fire. I think the pcb gets tripped. I have to unscrew it and it will blink when connecting again. Presumably that resets it. I bought the unit alone for $20 or so and at that price this thing is perfect. It hits like my 808 batts which is just fine. I like using cig like batts when out and about and have this in case of emergencies. Can't compete with my vv mods but it does what it should. My only gripe and it's a small one is that I like to use clearos without any tip. With the cone on it is hard to hit it because the air inlet is around the carto, so when my lips are on there it's easy to block or stiffen the draw a bunch. Other than that It is great!

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I need to say this before I go to bed...I mentioned using a eyeglass screwdriver to pull the center pin out to allow for contact, seems easy but why...

It is clearly obvious that the short power source connecter pin on the e-power is a design flaw, why should the consumer HAVE to do this...they shouldn't! In China something like this would never have happen the product would have been tested repetitively. You take a Joye eGo out of the box and everything works you don't need nor should you need to adjust anything.

What about a person new to vaping, do you honestly think they would purchase a product that required them to have to adjust everything they screwed onto it...NO. It is this type of poor craftsmanship that almost destroyed the American automotive industry. Please don't misunderstand my motives in writing this, I just feel that people shouldn't have to be required to compensate for a design flaw, it should be immediately corrected and in my honest opinion a new center switch should be sent to those who have already purchase the faulty model free of charge, along with a recall or a new enter switch sent to venders so they can replace the ones that they have in stock......I would suggest they do it quickly

I think the e-power can be something fantastic a great 3.7 Mod at an affordable price, they just didn't test it properly. I can not imagine the amount of problems these faulty units are going to cause venders, its not fair to the vender or the consumer.

Okay I said my peace Naughty night all, sweat dreams (no its not misspelled, just my evil twist)

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got an epower as a backup. It works just great for me. I never got an ego because of the non replaceable batts. Using 1300mah batteries and since I only use it occasionally they last for days. Sometimes after screwing the thing together it won't fire. I think the pcb gets tripped. I have to unscrew it and it will blink when connecting again. Presumably that resets it. I bought the unit alone for $20 or so and at that price this thing is perfect. It hits like my 808 batts which is just fine. I like using cig like batts when out and about and have this in case of emergencies. Can't compete with my vv mods but it does what it should. My only gripe and it's a small one is that I like to use clearos without any tip. With the cone on it is hard to hit it because the air inlet is around the carto, so when my lips are on there it's easy to block or stiffen the draw a bunch. Other than that It is great!

For $20.00 that is an amazing price..I think this is a fantastic introductory device into the world of Mods, but clearly it has issues which regardless of price it should not. I think if the power source pin were a bit longer you might have that wee space you need for your cleros to work as they are meant to. But I agree its a great device, but the problems people are having causes concern

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA

with a dremel you can drill a tiny hole in the cone towards the bottom and presto air flow.lol

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hi DA - I spoke with manufacturer directly in the factory tonight. Chris and I take seriously if there are any issues as we have to deal with customer service and it takes alot of our time if there are issues so we do try to stay on top of things and we are usually up in the wee hours solely so we can communicate with China because of the time difference. But I told him that many people are happy with them but there are obviously issues with some of these for some people - that they get hit and miss on some attys or cartomizers and, that this shouldn't be, so I understand what you are saying and I do full-heartedly agree with that.

He showed me on cam that they did lift the pins but I told him obviously we have some that were still with the old batch with the lower pins, not all, so he is going to send some replacement switches with the adjusted pin length from their most recent manufacturing runs so, in case you are having these problems, we can exchange. We already were in the process of getting an extra padding of these to do this but I asked him to try to make sure he gets these in our latest shipment of stock going out today.

So hopefully in 3-4 days we can exchange it out for you. We do need the old ones back, they are asking us to send so they can check the situation. And we _want_ to send them back so they can understand any issues, it will cost us a bit to send back to China but we really believe in the product and we have had some great initial reaction and reviews on it but we want it to be refined to be the best it can be of course. They actually take enormous pride in what they do at SMOKtech, they are a young and eager company that is innovating and very into their product. I've rarely seen a Chinese e-cig company take so much pride in what they do as you can attest in something as little as the packaging for this product. They have even hired us to basically help them make some promotional videos for some of their products - they seem very much different than many e-cigartee suppliers on the mainland. This product has only been out about a month and sometimes these things do need refinement in an early stage.

Just one note of interest, they couldn't hardly believe some people had issues and I found out why. They mainly tested with their dual coil cartomizer and their own atties. The stem for their 510 connection is a little longer than you see with many 510 connections so they sort of had it adjusted for that when they were tooling and testing these.

I need to say this before I go to bed...I mentioned using a eyeglass screwdriver to pull the center pin out to allow for contact, seems easy but why...

It is clearly obvious that the short power source connecter pin on the e-power is a design flaw, why should the consumer HAVE to do this...they shouldn't! In China something like this would never have happen the product would have been tested repetitively. You take a Joye eGo out of the box and everything works you don't need nor should you need to adjust anything.

What about a person new to vaping, do you honestly think they would purchase a product that required them to have to adjust everything they screwed onto it...NO. It is this type of poor craftsmanship that almost destroyed the American automotive industry. Please don't misunderstand my motives in writing this, I just feel that people shouldn't have to be required to compensate for a design flaw, it should be immediately corrected and in my honest opinion a new center switch should be sent to those who have already purchase the faulty model free of charge, along with a recall or a new enter switch sent to venders so they can replace the ones that they have in stock......I would suggest they do it quickly

I think the e-power can be something fantastic a great 3.7 Mod at an affordable price, they just didn't test it properly. I can not imagine the amount of problems these faulty units are going to cause venders, its not fair to the vender or the consumer.

Okay I said my peace Naughty night all, sweat dreams (no its not misspelled, just my evil twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread