Not open for further replies.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
really? i was not aware of that. either way a quick search will show the dangers of unprotected batteries and i personally wouldn't want to take any chances lol

I'm pretty sure they are and either way, I know they're dangerous. I've seen the pics here on the forum of one persons thigh that was burnt pretty badly from an unprotected battery popping in his pocket. Unfortunately the downside of the protected batteries is they're usually much lower capacity batteries due to the extra space required for the protection circuit.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
i thought the ICR didnt need protection because of the different chemistry just like the IMR (also known as High Drain) and the specs ive seen show the ICR and IMR to have similar energy densities and perform much better then the regular li-ion batts.
i cut open a dead IMR and no circuits. i have not cut open an ICR that i have but mine are identical to the IMR so not gonna be any chips there either. but there are so many kinds of batteries out there now its hard to be sure whats what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread