Let's talk about the e-power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Have you received the ones with the pin adjustment made? Also, because I'm a new vaper and very easily confused, if I were to buy the e-power would I be better off just dripping with it instead of messing with carts since there seems to be a few little issues with that? I have just two days til ordering day and I'm still back-and-forth between what I want to get (a replaceable battery unit) and what I probably ought to get (a relatively idiot-proof ego pass-thru with 510 attys and simple carts). :unsure:

Unless you're on a seriously tight budget...don't limit yourself....
Try different stuff from time to time.

I learned real fast a juice that rocks in one thing can be almost nasty in another.....
Plus different 'moods' can strike you :)

If you are on a serious budget crunch and really do need to settle on a single goto platform and one or two juices....I still advise that early on it's worth it to try some different stuff as you can. It's all so different...yet it all 'works' pretty well.

To me the best 'bang for the buck' is the 801 or 510 Mega atty using their native carts. The 801 and 510 Mega perform similarly (801 has tighter draw...510 is looser), but you can find 801 SLB atties all day long for really cheap....and wow, they do a nice job (you'll need adaptors for an 801 atty on an e-power). These work quite well with their cartridges, which hold a decent amount of juice. To me they hit as well as alot of the better poly-fill cartomizers out there.

If you are a one or two juice kind of vapor...the Giantomizers aren't half bad....in fact they vape really well, taste excellent...pricey, but they do last a good while and hold a lot of juice. Just keep an eye on the tips...they'll pop off easily. Gotvapes is also offering older versions at give away prices...those should work well if you just fill them a little over halfway.

Regular and XL Fluxomizers are a good value! Long lasting and really good if you like short flavorful hits. Try some...only way to really find out :)

The Diamond or other Dual Coils....quite nice on an E-power. Decent life-span. They do put out LOTS of vapor...and go through juice (both liquid and battery charge) twice as fast...so try one or two before you committ to ordering bunches of them just in case it's too much for ya.

Last edited:

KyanaBelle

May 27, 2011
Louisville, KY
Unless you're on a seriously tight budget...

You pretty much nailed it with your first sentence! LOL! I am on a fixed income but I'm trying to get some redundancy in my initial equipment purchase in case of equipment failures. Anything that burns through the juice is going to be out of the question except for a rare "treat" since I will be a heavy vaper anyway - I am currently a 2+ PAD smoker. I do plan on experimenting but I'm going to have to do it in little bites. To start though, I need something I can really depend on day in and day out, since resorting to analogs in the event of equipment failures is not going to be an option I am taking into consideration. I don't have a problem with dripping. I don't have a problem with modding carts on a very basic level (restuffing them when the old stuffing starts failing) but I don't think I am really ready for anything more technical than that at this point. I have ordered a variety of juices to try out, though, so it's not going to be all that boring! ;)

Before someone points out how expensive cigarettes are, I switched to menthol mini cigar-ettes (yeah, cigars) 3 years ago because I can get them for less than $1.25/pack. So I'm not spending the $4/pack most smokers are.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I hear ya...

If I were forced to pick only one thing and use it forever more based on bang for the buck...

I'd go with Mega 510 or 801 atomizers (which ever I could get for a better price, but I do slightly prefer the 801 when carts are involved) and use their native carts. I'd also get a drip tip for these for the times I just wanna quick vape of some odd flavor I don't use much.

The carts in these will hold pretty close to one ml of liquid and the atties vape it into a nice cloud of finer textured mist. TH is really good but a bit cooler than normal 510/901 atties because they are 'deeper' atties. I can usually suck on one with a full cart for a good hour or more before it goes dry (and I do mean constant vaping), and filling them is easy...pull out the cart...drip in 30 or so drops till it's slushy, pop it back in.

Note: I've been lucky with SLB 801 atties lasting at least 2 weeks...and usually longer (way longer on the HV versions). Yep, sadly I do occasionally get one that pops in short order....but then again I usually don't buy them unless they are under $5 each.

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
I don't know about charge time but I think you will get much better performance than a regular non hd battery. And if your not in a big hurry you can get them here IMR14650-950mAh 3.7V li-ion battery (2 pcs). It might take a little longer to get here but for half the price its prolly worth the wait (9.77 for 2 shipped). Its not a BDL brand but it is IMR same spec. Its red instead of blue but all my 14500 are red. I did have one quit after a month but the place I got it from replaced it.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
I don't know about charge time but I think you will get much better performance than a regular non hd battery. And if your not in a big hurry you can get them here IMR14650-950mAh 3.7V li-ion battery (2 pcs). It might take a little longer to get here but for half the price its prolly worth the wait (9.77 for 2 shipped). Its not a BDL brand but it is IMR same spec. Its red instead of blue but all my 14500 are red. I did have one quit after a month but the place I got it from replaced it.

Have you ordered from here before? The site just looks shady.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
No I havent got anything from there yet. Was still trying to decide for sure or not. I found this site chasing a link about laser stuff I think and got distracted by the flashlights. Then found the batteries. And yea the page does not look like it was written well. But I have gambled more for less. Would there be a reason these batteries would not be good? I am new to these kinds of batteries and don't know a great deal about them. To me its 2 batteries for 18 bucks or 2 batteries for 10. Unless somebody can point out what the difference is to justify the higher price IDK.
nice website btw ;)

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
The site doesn't detail much about the batteries. My biggest question is what's the mAh rating? Other than that it's not the batteries that concern me there, it's the website and what happens after making an order. Do I get a product? Or do I lose some cash fighting the fraudulent charges that pop up after it turns out the site is a phishing scam? You never with the way things are today.
Thanks for the compliment on the site BTW. I'm still messing around with it and I doubt I'll ever be completely satisfied with it.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
heh I know the feeling some things are never done lol
The batteries are 950mah and look exactly the same as every other red IMR battery I have looked at. And the 14500 I already own look exactly the same. I like the batteries you found because they are BDL brand and several places said that was best brand. But for half the money get the same thing only from china... IDK but like I said it no more that I might waste on lotto tickets or some other silliness... And if it doesn't work out I can just click a thing on my cards site and they will take care of it. I got burned on some computer parts from canada got my money right back no prob

still haven't bought them though... I did just order some BDL ICR 14500 600mah (same as IMR but higher energy density) for 5 bucks each shipped from lighthound.com and I can get by on these till I figure it out lol

KyanaBelle

May 27, 2011
Louisville, KY
I hear ya...

If I were forced to pick only one thing and use it forever more based on bang for the buck...

I'd go with Mega 510 or 801 atomizers (which ever I could get for a better price, but I do slightly prefer the 801 when carts are involved) and use their native carts. I'd also get a drip tip for these for the times I just wanna quick vape of some odd flavor I don't use much.

Thanks for the advice, Credo. I think I'm going to do that and go with a couple of 1000mah eGo pass-thrus for the time being. I've heard the throat hit is stronger in the 510s because it runs hotter. All this vaping info has caused me to pay attention to how I smoke and what sensations in a drag are pleasing to me. I never exhale through my nose so flavor is not such a big deal but throat hit is very much a part of the drag that I love, so the 510s would probably work better for me. If that changes with vaping, picking up an adapter and some 801 attys without a major expense. Later, I will try to get an inexpensive but proven 3.7V mod. In the meanwhile, I can pick up "accessories" for the mod (2 chargers, batts when I settle on a model, replacement switch) a little at a time before I buy a non-bundled mod.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Thanks for the advice, Credo. I think I'm going to do that and go with a couple of 1000mah eGo pass-thrus for the time being. I've heard the throat hit is stronger in the 510s because it runs hotter. All this vaping info has caused me to pay attention to how I smoke and what sensations in a drag are pleasing to me. I never exhale through my nose so flavor is not such a big deal but throat hit is very much a part of the drag that I love, so the 510s would probably work better for me. If that changes with vaping, picking up an adapter and some 801 attys without a major expense. Later, I will try to get an inexpensive but proven 3.7V mod. In the meanwhile, I can pick up "accessories" for the mod (2 chargers, batts when I settle on a model, replacement switch) a little at a time before I buy a non-bundled mod.

Sounds like a good plan. The eGo Passthroughs are nice, and if you like it hot the 2 Ohm LR stuff is no problem for those batteries.

Again, treat yourself to some different cartos and such from time to time, you might run across something that is well worth the little extra expense along the way.

Main reason I like the Mega 510 and 801 atties is that they actully do work well with carts that'll actually hold more than a few drops....dern near as good as say Boge/Bloog Cartomizers and don't rip through volumes of juice really fast....can really stretch the pennies that way. Easy to change flavors, and the carts can be used for a long time, even restuffed with your own fluvol, bluefoam, or pyramid tea bag material.

In regular 510/901 atomizers...the carts will work...Smart Carts and Lucids are decent, but can be a little tricky to set up for constant back to back hits. I'm still playing with the fancy carts and learning....as for the regular 510 and 901 carts...not worth the bother to me as they only hold a few drops...just drip, use an eGo cone or maybe even get a drip shield from www.empiremods.com if you wanna tighten up the draw some :)

Last edited:

pipecleaner

Apr 9, 2011
ky
I've had the e-power for about three weeks. I like it alot. Vapes the same from battery new til the end. Have used an assortment of atty's and cartos on this with no contact problems. Even used my Hello 16 cone atty's on it. You can use up your Hello stuff without buying the relatively expensive Hello batteries. The charger is crap, but posts about aligning the contact keeps it charging. I rate this a good buy.

KyanaBelle

May 27, 2011
Louisville, KY
Main reason I like the Mega 510 and 801 atties is that they actully do work well with carts that'll actually hold more than a few drops....dern near as good as say Boge/Bloog Cartomizers and don't rip through volumes of juice really fast....can really stretch the pennies that way. Easy to change flavors, and the carts can be used for a long time, even restuffed with your own fluvol, bluefoam, or pyramid tea bag material.

...just drip, use an eGo cone or maybe even get a drip shield from EmpireMods if you wanna tighten up the draw some :)

I keep hearing about Blue Foam but haven't found any yet. I will check in to the mega 510s. The only reason I would use a cart over dripping at this point is when dripping would be inconvenient so holding more juice to cut down on having to top it off so often would definitely be a plus. I am going to pick up different attys, carts and cartos to experiment with from time to time to get an idea of what I like most. This is going to be fun!

Thank you so much! You've been a great help. I'm much more confident in what I am going to get to start since I've "talked" to you! :headbang:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
i saw this mentioned earlier...c rating. How can you find c-rating for batteries? is it every person for himself with a google? or is there somewhere they are listed? Thanks.

For the most part you hope the site lists all the specs for you. Many of the sites do have the specs in a table somewhere for you.

If they don't, hopefully you can at least get the brand, model, etc...then get the specs from the manufacturer's site to see if meets your needs.

Here's a paper that can help sort out what all the specs mean.
http://web.mit.edu/evt/summary_battery_specifications.pdf

Here's an example of a store that does a pretty good job of listing specs for the stuff they sell.
Li-ion 18650 Protected 2400mAh Battery - e-lectronics.net :

Noodoggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the links! so let me see if i can understand this. if i have a 1000mah battery, and the c-rate is 1, that means 1000mah can be discharged in one hour. if the c-rate is 3, then 3000mah per hour? i dont think i am getting it without some kind of formula showing me how c-rate affects how the battery works. lol thanks for any input you can give me on this. =)

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
good stuff Credo.
I read a page somewhere that said you could guess that trust/ultra/xxxxfire protected batteries are usually 1.5 and IMR was 5 but most of the IMR specs I have seen usually say 3C
and the ICR ones I found also say 'discharge current' 5C and 'discharge rate' 3C

Interesting...I guess so much of it depends on if you've got a regulator in the equasion...the actual voltage you're operating under.

I.E. If you were running the battery at 4v (which lots of them will do right off the charger), you can drive more watts with less current. As the voltage lowers...it takes more current and lower resistance atties to get the same kind of watts. Alot of the mods out there either have no regulator, or other types of circuits are altering/pulsing/regulating the voltage and current in different ways....so they know better what the batteries can 'actually' do in reality...and also have a few tricks to safely get more from them. I.E. It's possible to charge capasitors at lower currents, then send out bursts with a really powerful punch!

I took a short cut myself when it came to to figure all the mod and battery stuff....lucked out on a Darwin 'impulse' buy (five times more expensive than an e-power)...so the shopping for batteries experience is one I've bypassed so far. I can help some with the theory behind it...wish I could be more helpful with the actual shopping and 'hands on' part of trying these things.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Thanks for the links! so let me see if i can understand this. if i have a 1000mah battery, and the c-rate is 1, that means 1000mah can be discharged in one hour. if the c-rate is 3, then 3000mah per hour? i dont think i am getting it without some kind of formula showing me how c-rate affects how the battery works. lol thanks for any input you can give me on this. =)

Hmmm...
I'm thinking the C has more to do with maximum current the battery can safely supply on a consistant basis (that's how FAST power is dumped out of the battery). When you pull lots of amps in a short period, the Mah rating actually goes down.

I.E. A 2000mah batter rated at C 1.....would actually have a much lower Mah rating if you were pulling 3 amps at a time. This battery running 1.5 Ohm dualies @ 3.7v would probably be more like 950mah for your application.

The key with mod batteries...is if you're running 1.5 Ohm dualies at 3.7v...they're gonna ask for around 2.5 amps every time you push the button. Any battery will do its best to do that...................

If for some reason the battery can't dump that much power that quickly...it can lead to overheating...protection circuits shutting down, and possibly explosions.

E-Cigs typically only ask for power in short bursts.....so there is some head room there, but they also ask for lots of current.......so Mah ratings by nature will actually go down as C goes up.
I think....
At least that's how I understand it.

Now...running things at higher voltages can help some with this problem. It doesn't take as fast of a 'current' to get atties hot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread