LG vs Efest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
About 8 months ago I bought this one: LG Brown HG2 INR18650 3000mah 18650 Battery
I wanted to double check if I would like to switch to subohming. OK, I found out (again) I would not like it. But I got stuck wiht this LG battery. Awful thing, I should say. It is deteriorating rapidly. Just 8 months of relatively light use, and it is running out of usable capacity. From the other side, Efest batteries 2.5 and 2 years old and battery in no-name istick 30 clone are still going strong.
So, I would not recommend LG to low wattage vapers: waste of money.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
About 8 months ago I bought this one: LG Brown HG2 INR18650 3000mah 18650 Battery
I wanted to double check if I would like to switch to subohming. OK, I found out (again) I would not like it. But I got stuck wiht this LG battery. Awful thing, I should say. It is deteriorating rapidly. Just 8 months of relatively light use, and it is running out of usable capacity. From the other side, Efest batteries 2.5 and 2 years old and battery in no-name iStick 30 clone are still going strong.
So, I would not recommend LG to low wattage vapers: waste of money.
You either got a defective one or a counterfeit.

Ive been using an HG2 for over a year and still trucking.
I use it at 8-14 watts. No problems at all

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
May be the LG is a fake or may be you use it harder than you think. I've been using the brown's for a couple of years, still going strong.

You either got a defective one or a counterfeit.

Ive been using an HG2 for over a year and still trucking.
I use it at 8-14 watts. No problems at all
It was from 101 vape. Usually a good company.
I am using it at 8-12 watts (except for the first two days when I have tried 30-60W).

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have 10 that are about a year and a half old. I don't use them much anymore because I retire batteries fairly quickly. I do still use them in regulated devices and in my wifes mods. They're all still charging to 4.2 and lasting as long as they use to. Pretty good battery if you ask me....but I can't compare them to EFEST as I don't/won't have any of those. It does sound like you got a bad one.
I agree that 101 is one of the more reputable online shops, but they're not a battery store. I'd recommend using Illumn or RTD for any of your battery needs.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Alien Traveler wrote:
It was from 101 vape. Usually a good company.
I am using it at 8-12 watts (except for the first two days when I have tried 30-60W).

I have a set of three married LG HG2's I use in my Wismec RX200S and a couple of pairs that I use in my dual battery mods. All are over a year old and still perform. I suspect that you might have gotten old stock or a knockoff.

BatteryBro's review of the LG HG2 reveals hints to detecting a HG2 knockoff.
Can you identify the fake LG HG2 18650 Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread