Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
So as soon as I got my ProVari I strapped my dripping atty to it, and that's how it stayed... Until tonight...

All of the building and rebuilding and rebuilding again I have done trying to perfect my genesis methods on an AGA-T+ have all been done on my VAMO to attempt some level of consistency, even as the resistance fluctuates...

Well, I felt pretty good about it, so I tossed the AGA-T+ on top of the ProVari tonight... And I feel like crying...

I don't know how, or why... Nothing makes sense anymore... I give in... The ProVari really is THAT good...

First off, I THOUGHT I had stable resistance... ProVari tells me, Oh no it's all over the board... So I fix that and now it says it's stable. So I take a vape... and I get this HUGE FAT PLUME of vapor... :vapor: And I was like Wow, seriously? So I stick it back on the Vamo... and it's good, but not as good as the ProVari... So I stick it on my Lavatube V2, and the same thing... Good, but not ProVari good...

What... The... Fudge... It makes no sense... But I'm a believer now.

Bigger Vapor from the AGA-T+, check... More flavor? Check... I'm just stumped... But from now on, I have regrettably become... A ProVari elitist jerk, and I will forever speak its praise on to the deaf ears of people who want to spend a fortune on Chinese mods...

Color me impressed... Love this thing!

ICEMAN 316

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
So Cal
I felt the same way about the ProVari when I first walked into VapeRevolution in Cerritos, CA. I thought it was just a expensive Mod. Don't get me wrong it looks and feels awesome but I didn't think it would vape that much better then ZMAX V2. But when the sales guy gave me a ProVari to try that's when I laid the cash down :p. It's worth every penny. I mean I get more flavor, more vapor and a smoother draw from the ProVari. I'm now a proud owner of a ProVari v2.5 :2cool:

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
So as soon as I got my ProVari I strapped my dripping atty to it, and that's how it stayed... Until tonight...

All of the building and rebuilding and rebuilding again I have done trying to perfect my genesis methods on an AGA-T+ have all been done on my VAMO to attempt some level of consistency, even as the resistance fluctuates...

Well, I felt pretty good about it, so I tossed the AGA-T+ on top of the ProVari tonight... And I feel like crying...

I don't know how, or why... Nothing makes sense anymore... I give in... The ProVari really is THAT good...

First off, I THOUGHT I had stable resistance... ProVari tells me, Oh no it's all over the board... So I fix that and now it says it's stable. So I take a vape... and I get this HUGE FAT PLUME of vapor... :vapor: And I was like Wow, seriously? So I stick it back on the Vamo... and it's good, but not as good as the ProVari... So I stick it on my Lavatube V2, and the same thing... Good, but not ProVari good...

What... The... Fudge... It makes no sense... But I'm a believer now.

Bigger Vapor from the AGA-T+, check... More flavor? Check... I'm just stumped... But from now on, I have regrettably become... A ProVari elitist jerk, and I will forever speak its praise on to the deaf ears of people who want to spend a fortune on Chinese mods...

Color me impressed... Love this thing!

Placebo. Trying to justify spending 5 times more HeHe. Seriously, I compared my coils on the Vamo with a Fluke & the coils read the same on both Vamo & fluke (rock steady). You may have a bad Vamo. a coil will put out the same heat on a 30$ unit as a 200$ one. Hence, same amount of vapor. Sorry, but it is the unit(& set up) on top that dictates the level of vape (flavor,TH,taste&vapor)& not the mod.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You mean to tell me that my carto-tank won't make more vapor on a Provari that I do right now with my VAMO? BLASPHEMY! What if I fill the tank with the souls of kittens? Either way, the VAMO will be on official back up duty when my Provari arrives.

Baby bunnies work even better. I swear it's true. :D

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Baby bunnies work even better. I swear it's true. :D

tumblr_m1w7hafxSe1rreqyno1_400.gif

Attachments

• Gif-dancing-rabbit.jpg
    Gif-dancing-rabbit.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Placebo. Trying to justify spending 5 times more HeHe. Seriously, I compared my coils on the Vamo with a Fluke & the coils read the same on both Vamo & fluke (rock steady). You may have a bad Vamo. a coil will put out the same heat on a 30$ unit as a 200$ one. Hence, same amount of vapor. Sorry, but it is the unit(& set up) on top that dictates the level of vape (flavor,TH,taste&vapor)& not the mod.

Vamo is working fine... The post was loose on the AGA-T, and the Vamo kept reading it as normal. The ProVari picked up on it being a bad connection. So the ProVari seems to be a lot more sensitive to resistance changes, as it shows changes on the fly, rather than showing me a sampled average as a fixed value. If I had checked it with a meter, I probably would have noticed quicker...

The smoother vape is from a much higher PWM frequency than the Vamo, along with a buffer to more closely "simulate" the effect of direct current at a set voltage being delivered to the coil rather than pulsing the crap out of it 33 times a second... The fact is, while the fire button is pressed on a Vamo, the coil is only seeing voltage for a percentage equal to the duty cycle... So at 70% duty cycle it is doing nothing for 30% of the time you have that fire button pressed... Because of the buffer and and higher frequency of the ProVari, it continues to provide voltage to the coil even when it is off cycle. It's really a pretty genius little setup they have going on the control board.

I wish it were just a placebo effect... I like the Lavatube V2 and the Vamo... I'll keep them, sure... But they will take a back seat to the ProVari now...

If I didn't have an osciloscope to verify just how different the output signal is, I wouldn't believe any of that trash I just spewed out... LoL... But I have seen it with my own eyes... I can taste the difference... I can see the difference... I can hear the difference when it's firing the coil...

It is not a placebo effect... It's just much different...

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I've got this coming in the mail today, (V1 ProVari $95 w/batteries) to replace a destroyed Vamo (my fault). Next paycheck I plan on ordering two more Vamo's. I did figure out how to get rid of the pesky hotspot on the AGA-T after fiddling around with it for weeks. It cost all of 12 cents. Two of the smallest size washers at the local hardware store and a third of a retractable ballpoint pen spring. I wanted a quick release option, check it out!
IMG_5436.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread