Like My Dragon M401, But What Works With It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
I just purchased a Dragon M401, and although I like it a lot, now I'm looking for something that's smoother on the draw, has a bit more power (not sure what I mean by that even...stronger?), and is not too problematic. I'd love to try a pen style maybe, if it's automatic, all the better, or perhaps the infamous 510. Recommendations are very welcome, but here's my main question - seeing as I just purchased the Dragon M401, I'd like to find something that's compatible with the charger that was included with the kit I purchased, so I don't need to keep buying a whole new kit for every style I'd like to try. Any suggestions?

kcr

ECF Veteran
I don't think there is another that would use the same charger. Except a 402, which is just a shorter 401.

Most e-cigs are compatible only with themselves, from what I can tell, except that on some you can use another model's cartridges. There is a universal USB charger available, but it doesn't work with a 401...

The pen style does have an easier draw, but not much of a throat hit--which is what I think you are meaning by strength. Pen styles are very mellow.

The 510 is probably what you would want if you are looking for strength in throat hit. ANd it practically pushed the vapor into your mouth.

901s are nice, but not big on throat hit. Easy draw, though.

I would experiment with different flavors of liquid, too. Could be what you have just doesn't have a whole lot of taste and it isn't satisfying you.

ProtoType

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
New Jersey
I have a bunch of 510's and a bunch of 4081's. I will test out the round cart on the 510 this weekend. The 4081 is still my favourite. Funny thing is .... 4081 is WAAAAY cheaper and the atomizer lasts WAAAAY longer. Plus it's automatic. To me .... it has felt like the most realistic analog replacement so far. Of course, many others would disagree with me. Oh well.

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
I have a bunch of 510's and a bunch of 4081's. I will test out the round cart on the 510 this weekend. The 4081 is still my favourite. Funny thing is .... 4081 is WAAAAY cheaper and the atomizer lasts WAAAAY longer. Plus it's automatic. To me .... it has felt like the most realistic analog replacement so far. Of course, many others would disagree with me. Oh well.

Where would be the best place to get one of these? Sorry - I mean, the 4081?

Last edited:

kcr

ECF Veteran
Thanks, I'm actually looking for different flavors right now, especially menthol.

Liquid Express' "Cool Rush" is a wonderful menthol. It'll freeze your throat:D

Vapor Talk Juice's Mentha is really good, too.

I got both from Dietsmokes.

Also, get some menthol drops. A couple of drops in a liquid you don't like will instantly overpower what you don't like with something you do;)

Juicy Liquids has menthols drops for cheap. Not sure who else has them.

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
Liquid Express' "Cool Rush" is a wonderful menthol. It'll freeze your throat:D

Vapor Talk Juice's Mentha is really good, too.

I got both from Dietsmokes.

Also, get some menthol drops. A couple of drops in a liquid you don't like will instantly overpower what you don't like with something you do;)

Juicy Liquids has menthols drops for cheap. Not sure who else has them.

Definitely going to check these in just a minute here...
Is 26MG the highest strength? Can I get something higher? If so, know where?

I have gotten 48mg from MyFreedomSmokes, but I only got the unflavored, so I can't tell you how his mixes taste from personal experience. But others do like them a lot (an flavor is pretty subjective). So I would check there.

Totally Wicked is going to come out with higher strengths sometime soon.

Other than that, right now even 36 mg is hard to come by, from what I can tell.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
The next order of progression would naturally be a 510. Smoother (lighter) draw, and a little more vapor.

I just received my Sidesho today from modernvapor and it hits like a 401 but with a lighter draw, this might be a great alternative for you as well. Carts and batts seem to last about as long.

Also keep in ind that there will be manual batts available for both the M401 and Sidesho in the next 2 weeks. That gives you more control, more vapor.

48mg?? :shock: What does someone do with that kind of strength??

:lol:

Speaking strictly for myself, here, one hoards it in the cupboard and mixes it with glycerin, plain pg and flavoring against the threat of e-juice Prohibition.

(I think the highest strength I have vaped straight is 24. I usually mix glycerin in with it down to 18mg, or lower.)

Yeah, I would try 24mg, first, and see how that goes.

Or just vape more. That is what I usually do, if I feel like what I have needs more nicotine. That hasn't happened for a couple of weeks, though.

Maybe get some stronger juice and use that in the morning, then switch over to lower-strength juice after you get going?

I read somewhere that a ml was equal to 20 drops, so you could extrapolate out from that and get a rough estimate, maybe.

But all droppers are not created equal, so I wouldn't use it as an exact measure.

But I wouldn't think adding one drop (or two) would make a significant (read: dangerous) difference.

The best prices on juice would be from Eastmall, Heaven Gifts or Health Cabin, simply die to the fact that they are in China.

Rocky Mountain Vapor has 50ml bottles for 22$.

Dietsmokes was selling the VaporTalk juice on special for a 10ml bottle, but I am not sure if he has any left. Check though.

Both of those vendors have excellent products and service.

Also check out Totally Wicked, MyFreedomSmokes, EsmokeyTreats and Truesmoker. And Johnson Creek.

If you click on the Sponsoring Suppliers link at the top of the page, you will find links to their folders on these forums. You can click through ans see what specials they may be having. I don't think RMV or JC has a folder, so just go to their sites.

And get some Lorann's flavoring so you can mix up flavors for yourself.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I was wondering if maybe that's what I needed to do, thanks, will definitely give it a try. But still, I'd like to know what other styles I can use with my charger, if anyone knows?

Angelz;
Don't put your faith into one charger. They go bad too. No charger = no battery = no vaping.

I recommend everyone to have a spare charger. As far as your present e-cig goes;
It's all a matter of technique in the beginning. E-cig's are no where
near smoking a regular cigarette. The style is completely different,
and each model has it's own technique.

No matter what model you decide on, you'll have to learn to use it.
The bashers will tell you that "This is better than that" - "This
has more problems than that" - "Buy this" & "Buy that". Listen or
don't. It's your choice, but no matter what you have, you'll have,
to learn technique. Once you master how to drag, how much juice
to add, and how your unit works, you're on your way.

Learning is the key, and it takes some time. Many of us here will be
happy to help in the learning process. Just keep in mind that if you
spend $10.00 or $1,000.00, the device will give you trouble until you
learn to use it.

A Ferrari is no better than a Yugo if you don't know how to drive.

If you're really unsure about something, or afraid to ask publically,
Send a PM to the person of your choice, and help can be made in
private, or just ask away here, for more opinions.

I also recommend you download the Troubleshooting Guide. Lots of information you may need to keep running smoothly. You can get it at;

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cig-technical-issues/31787-ecf-troubleshooting-guide.html

Cheers;
jd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread