Like My Dragon M401, But What Works With It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that was helpful :)
I smoked 1 3/4 - 2 packs of menthol lights a day; I purchased 2 packs a day, my last 2 packs being purchased the day before I got my Dragon. It's now 3 days later and I still have a couple regular cigs left (highly unusual for me) - I've only been smoking those because I miss my menthol (menthol juice will be here tomorrow, yay!) You're right...they are hard to handle, the taste, the "heaviness", the smell...But those will be the last analogues I ever buy!
Well, I had some failure juice on me today, after a while I gave up on it until I could get home(btw, don't try to eyeball something you are mixing in a container you can not see into). I tried a cigarette again today. I couldn't even smoke half. I kept thinking to myself(why is there so little smoke? my 401 gives me way more.) I actually couldn't feel the smoke when I was inhaling. For whatever reason, vaping feels more real to me now. So I am currently vaping that 36mg again. It seems to get better the more I use it.

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
I was showing my step daughter my Dragon today, she was fascinated with it, and together we wore the battery down, lol. I told her no worries, I have another at home ready to go, and she asked me if I'd like a couple of her analogues to tie me over 'till I got home. Jeez, it was like...I couldn't even think about smoking one of those icky things. I'm so spoiled already on my Dragon.

So, 2 new questions...can anyone recommend a good pen style e-cig (preferably silver) that is automatic and comes with the round cartridges, at a great price? And where do you get the Smoke Free Banners, like Zukori's? I've had my Dragon since Wednesday, and I now have 24 full hours without an analogue (I don't miss them even a tiny bit, this is absolutely blowing me away!)

Edit: 22 hours? Hmm...maybe I can't count, lol

Last edited:
If you just click on the banner you like it should get you to the site that makes it, then keep a window open to your profile here with the "edit signature" option (I think that is what it is called--it's obvious when you see it) and copy the link in with tags.

You can preview it so you know when you get it right.

I love my 801 penstyle, but I have never seen round carts for one. I prefer the soft, rubbery ones, so that is what I hunt for.

Eastmall has lots of different colors (I think I have most of them:oops:) And they also have manual or automatic batteries.

They have a marble-colored one I thought sounded nice...but it looks like I am a middle-aged woman smoking a Tiparillo...

The red and blue ones are very pretty:)

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
If you just click on the banner you like it should get you to the site that makes it, then keep a window open to your profile here with the "edit signature" option (I think that is what it is called--it's obvious when you see it) and copy the link in with tags.

You can preview it so you know when you get it right.

I love my 801 penstyle, but I have never seen round carts for one. I prefer the soft, rubbery ones, so that is what I hunt for.
[/quote]

That's what I thought, but the banner in question isn't clickable. I like your banner too, but I've been using my ecig since wednesday and only yesterday stopped smoking analogues.

Does the 801 battery last a while? What about the draw, and vapor? Throat hit? I'll check into it, but I'd really like one with the round carts. Don't know why, I guess I'm just funny that way :)

The 801 is a very easy draw, and a very mellow taste. Not much on throat hit, so what I do is use juice that is too harsh in another model in the 801--that makes it nicer. Lots of vapor, too.

I am not sure exactly how long the batteries last, because I keep a cup filled with different e-cigs next to my computer and sort of rotate through them. :rolleyes: I never have to charge an 801 battery more than once in a day though. If I were using it exclusively, I would probably have to go through 3 batteries, maybe?

It is my favorite late-night "Walk the pug" vape. It's just nice and relaxing--makes me understand why my FIL loved his pipe so much:D

If you really do prefer the round carts, you might be happier with a 510. You can get round or whistle-tip carts for that model.

And it has vice vapor and a good throat hit.

The draw back is battery life, which is the worst of any model, but you can get a Portable Charging Case (PCC) that will charge a battery ~five times on the go before it needs to be recharged. Those are very handy.

I think all 510 batteries are manual, but I could be wrong. Some have lights; some do not. Janty Dura-C's do not have lights. Not that lights are necessary, but they are nice for telling if the battery needs charging. With the Dura-C, there is no warning, just no vapor8-o.

The 510 is also pretty close to the same diameter as the 401. The 801 is maybe 1.5 x as big around as a 401.

Too harsh in another model? What do you use?

What model or what juice?:D

For models, I use the 401, 510, 801, 901 and the Janty Stick. Every juice tastes different (to me, anyway) in every model, so if I do not like a juice in one (or if it makes me cough), I try it in one of the others until I find which one I like it best in.

Or sometimes I may like a flavor, but not so strong (if that makes sense), so I will switch to something where the flavor is mellower, and the 801 is the mellowest of all.

For example, in another thread someone said they couldn't vape rum juice because it was too harsh. It isn't harsh at all in an 801--in fact, it is very nice. But after I read that, I vaped some in a 510 and it almost knocked me down:D

No, I'm really not ready for the 510 yet :)
What does it look like, the whistle tips? Does it really look like you're smoking a tiparillo? I guess it's not real important, but I'd rather skip that look :/

Only the marble-colored one looks like a Tiparillo. (And I am definitely not ready for that look, either, so I use a differnt color if I take it out somewhere.) And it really looks more like wood-grain to me than marble. Imagine a brown felt-tipped pen--that is what it looks like. But I also have red, blue, pink (big mistake:pervy:) and titanium (or silver--can't remember what they called it). Yes, I do tend to go for a whole wardrobe of colors...

The red and blue are very dark metallic colors, and my husband says they look elegant. The pink looks like and explosion in a Pepto-Bismol factory got all over my pen.

The flat tips are what usually come with 801s and 901s--maybe some others. The whistle tips I have only seen offered for the 510. They are sort of a flat-round hybrid. THIS should go to a picture (although it was a pop up so I am not sure it will). I think theoretically the carts for 510s and 901s should be interchangeable, but that has not been my experience--they *almost* interchange, but not securely.

Flat tips are...flatter. Like this:

Well...I tried to add an attachment, but I don't know if it is there or not. No loss if it isn't--a really rotten picture from my cell phone. It's an 801 and a 901 if it shows up.

The whistle tip are sort of the same shape, but the end part isn't as thin as on the flat-tipped.

And the 801s have hard and soft cartridges. I think there is also some High-bridge v. low-bridge deal in there for the atomizer, but I never knew which was which, just that I prefer the soft ones. The hard ones are more rounded, or something, and that gets on my nerves and I worry with it:rolleyes:. Janty cartridges are soft, and so are the ones you order from Eastmall.

Attachments

• flat-tip.jpg
    flat-tip.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 68

zonia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Oklahoma
I read on here somewhere that the ehealth cigarette in the green cigarette type box that plugs into the wall is interchanges with the M401 but I can't say for sure. I do have the dragon m401 passthru, atomizer, and cartridges on order though so we will see.

I started with the Smoking Everywhere gold (because I did not research first) and read on here that it is compatible with the rn4081 atomizer which it is but the cartridges for the rn4081 are very slightly bigger then the ones that came with the SE Gold but they still work just maybe won't stay on very well I don't know because I got a passthru for the RN4081 and use that at home and the SE gold at work.

I ordered the ehealth cigarettes in the green box because the whole kit was $10 and I thought at that price if I didn't like it I could always pass it on but I like it. I charged it and it works great. I didn't get to choose the cartridges that came with it and they sent me vanilla which I think is yucky but that is my taste. I took the filler out of the cartridges and put them on a towel and mashed the juice out of them and refilled with my mboro 18mg juice, I am still getting a hint of the vanilla but it isn't bad.

I am thinking since I carry a cigarette case instead of a purse the e-health cigarette case would work better for me on the go. I really do like the smaller size of these too. I don't know about the battery life but I am thinking there is a plug in at work if I need. I probably should get an extra battery for it but I have been spending too much lately and I do have my SE Gold for backup.

Hope you got something you were wanting to know out of this.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
I took the filler out of the cartridges and put them on a towel and mashed the juice out of them and refilled with my mboro 18mg juice, I am still getting a hint of the vanilla but it isn't bad.

Don't mash out the juice on a paper towel. Just rinse the poly fill with water. That will remove all traces of whatever juice was in it. After rinsing it, then use a paper towel to remove the remaining water. Also rinse the cart and mouthpiece. Then dry them both, inside and out. This will completely remove any leftover taste from the previous juice. Now just fill your cart and enjoy.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Better yet go to Petsmart, Petco, or some other store like that and get you a pack of Fluval. That stuff is perfect replacement for the polyfil that comes with the originals and I think it's better. It cuts to size and slides right in the rectangular 510 carts with ease and wicks great. For about $5 you have what could amount to a lifetime supply of it. Fluval is used for water filters in aquariums if you didn't know that. Works great.

As it was stated earlier, I don't think you will find a better hitting E-Cig than the m401/Dragon/EVO style until you get something like the Prodigy, Screwdriver, or GLV. Any of those mods with the 6v option but until then you have perhaps the best model. I have a 510 as well as a Dragon and I prefer my Dragon hands down although the 510 has it's uses as well and hits great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread