Like tasting Boba's for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
So I've been vaping Boba's for a few months now, and normally I drip it. I tried using a genesis-style tank for a while but the flavor just wasn't as good, and it was way too thick to work well in any of my other tanks. A few weeks ago I was on smoktek.com ordering some locking carto-tanks and replacement cartos when I noticed that they had a 3-hole version "for really thick juices". Well, that sounded like just what I needed for Boba's, so I grabbed a couple 1.7 ohm 3-hole cartos to try out. All I can say is... HOLY CRAP! I had no idea it could be that smooth! I can almost feel the honey rolling around on my tongue on the inhale. The aftertaste is a very smooth tobacco and a hint of bakery cinnamon. I knew what it tasted like before, of course, but I never tasted it quite like that. The best part is, with 3 holes I don't have to add water like I did in the genny to get it to wick. Just pure Boba's Bounty. Pure goodness.

I also tried filling a tank with hype, and got similar results. A perfect vape with very strong, very clean flavor. Anyone else vaping the really thick AVE juices in carto-tanks? Are there other devices that have been giving especially good results? I thought dripping was the only option, but now I'm starting to wonder...

Zipp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Yep, that's exactly what it is. When you see the coil turn red, anything caked on will be turned to ash which can then be rinsed off easily. If you let it build up too much, the flavor can become pretty nasty and it stops producing as much vapor since it has all the caked on crap to heat up along with the coil.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I use Smoktech cartos from Smoktek.com in Phiniac tanks exclusively with my Alien Visions juices. Ive never had an issue with wicking even with the 2 hole cartos from them.

IMO top coil clearomizers were designed for heavier juices.Gravity is fighting you the entire time. The new evod heads used on the Protanks are better but still a step under carto tanks in terms of flavor.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Has anyone tried Gorilla Juice AND Grandmaster from Five Pawns? Maybe it's just me but after sampling GrandMaster first (a lot of banana flavor) then getting my Gorilla Juice (was so excited due to so much hype about it) I have to say, kinda disappointed w/GJ.

After tasting Grandmaster with subtle tastes of "REAL" banana, GJ tastes like baby food or fake banana. Almost similar to a laffy taffy fake candy banana if that makes sense

Gonna continue to steep it and try it more, but this is what the hype was about????? Damn, so sad. :confused:

*EDIT* tried it again tonight after its been in my tank a little while. Anyone else think it tastes kind of like. mcDonalds hot apple pie but in a banana flavor if that makes sense. I haven't had McD's in like 5 yrs so not even sure if they make them anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread