Liquid barn sweetener

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I checked the material data sheet on it, and they REALLY don't want you to know what it is. It's listed as "natural and artificial" sweetener. So, it could have LOTS of stuff in it, including ethyl maltol (I think that's considered "natural" but also, potentially, stevia. It may have some sucralose in it, but it definitely has at least one other thing in the mix.

Have you tried contact them and asking them directly? I'd be a bit frustrated to get a "sweetener" where I didn't know what was in it. Capella makes a "super sweet" that is pure sucralose (and rather strong). I like knowing it is JUST sucralose.

Best of luck,

Anna

dfoster

Dec 14, 2017
Adirondacks, NY
Thanks for the reply, Anna. Never thought to look at the MSDS but it sounds like that got you about as far as me haha. I don’t typically use sweetener with the exception of a couple recipes that call for EM. Never tried any recipes side by side with/without until recently and that’s what started to make me wonder. I had always assumed the LB sweetener was sucralose... but I had interesting results. I have a couple new recipes that seemed they could benefit from sweetener, so I just took some juice out of the bottle and put in a 15mL bottle, with the added 1% LB sweetener. Two different recipes, did the same. One definitely got sweeter, but at the expense of losing the details of the recipe, but still a great vape. The other tastes almost the same as with no sweetener though a bit less overall flavor, but this one didn’t seem any sweeter, maybe a hair but not much. I’ll be ordering some CAP super sweet in my next order. I’m bummed this stuff isn’t what I thought it was. Then again I was a bit naive about what to order back when I got this :lol:

Reactions: stols001

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Well I checked the material data sheet on it, and they REALLY don't want you to know what it is. It's listed as "natural and artificial" sweetener. So, it could have LOTS of stuff in it, including ethyl maltol (I think that's considered "natural" but also, potentially, stevia. It may have some sucralose in it, but it definitely has at least one other thing in the mix.

Have you tried contact them and asking them directly? I'd be a bit frustrated to get a "sweetener" where I didn't know what was in it. Capella makes a "super sweet" that is pure sucralose (and rather strong). I like knowing it is JUST sucralose.

Best of luck,

Anna
Anna, look in the thread "sweeteners". Bottom of page three. I pulled them straight from there website.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I recall emailing them before with no response. For giggles I thought I’d try again and just heard back. He simply said, “Hello, our sweetener is Ethyl Maltol

Thank You,

Bobby Hill
Liquid Barn”
Thats not good. EM or cotton candy (same thing) has its uses but not really as a sweetener. It can round off some mixes but it can also mute the daylights out of a mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread