Liquor Flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Could be a while before I get to them. I have around 40 new flavors here that need some attention. I was mixing up some good old standby recipes yesterday when I noticed the VT flavors sitting there, still untested. :oops:

They've been getting lots of good press so I have high hopes.
All good, no rush:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I really want to learn to make a good gin and tonic flavor too, so far haven't had a ton of success finding what I would need for that flavor. LOL.
Anna, have you tried using FA-Gin yet? When I read your post, I went looking, and saw FA made a gin concentrate. Bull City is stocking it; but only has one review. I have to say the review is kind of intriguing though....

The "tonic" seems to be the challenging part. Tonic, basically quinine, is mostly bitter(?)... maybe FA's Bitter Wizard (used to add a bitter note) could be useful.

If you are feeling "international," I just ran across a Belgium company, who makes a Gin & Tonic concentrate (from FlavorMonks). In fact, they have 7 different gin offerings. I know absolutely nothing about them; so proceed at your own risk. ;):D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's pretty cool. LOL, I love Belgium (and monks, honestly, I really do, they tend to be a lot of fun, IMHO, and I've met a few) so, I will definitely proceed at my own risk.

I wonder if they have a Belgian Monk Beer flavor. I'd kind of be afraid to vape that, almost, much as I fear returning to Costa Rica because their beer is so great. LOL.

Thanks for the info, @IDJoel! Next time I get flavors, I will definitely give that site a shot.

I almost wonder if anything BUT quinine would give that particular taste. I also am going to ASSUME it's not vapable, but that may be something I fearlessly search out one day. LOL. I really hate mosquitoes, so if quinine IS vapable, I want to KNOW!

Anna

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
@stols001 , I noticed you mentioned (in another post) margarita being your next focus. You’re probably already aware of this flavor but I just came across it the other day at ECX. It’s FA Liquid Amber. In the description it mentioned margaritas. I don’t know if it’d be beneficial in your recipe but thought I’d mention it:)
ECX...
Liquid Amber is a warm and smooth flavor with a hint of fresh fruit and a delicate sourness in the aftertaste. Liquid Amber tastes great by itself, or in combination with tobacco flavors. If you love margaritas, you will love vaping this flavor, and you can include it in your DIY recipe to complement citrus, fruit, and floral flavors.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@FranC - While checking out that Sugar Daddy Sweetener earlier at WL, I peeked at their Special Offers page. They have several liquor flavorings on special: INA Brandy, INA Jamaica Rum, LA Brandy, and LA Orange Brandy in the 8mL size ($.79-$.99), and the INA Brandy also in 30mL, and the LA Orange Brandy in 30mL and 120 sizes, too.

Wizard Labs

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If interested in a ready-made commercial flavor, I recommend Five Pawn's Castle Long. It's a Kentucky bourbon flavor with hints of vanilla, nuts, and coconut. I don't detect the vanilla, nuts, or coconut so much, but the bourbon stands out. When I first vaped it, it reminded me of when I smoked a pipe with Borkim Riff Bourbon tobacco. Still one of my favorite vapes. It's a pretty popular flavor. There are a few Castle Long clone recipes here on ECF somewhere.

Castle long clone recipe? Anyone?
Budget-hacking Castle Long
Castle long DIY? Has anyone perfected one?
Saw the castle long clone recipe......
Have you tried "Castle Long Clone V2" by EWS?
Has anyone been able to perfect the standard Castle Long Recipe?
Help with Castle Long Clone

I never tried any of the clone recipes because they all use too many obscure flavoring agents.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ok,I have made a Scotch Whiskey recipe I like so far and one for rum also. On the Vodka I think I have to up the 3% I used and also use less sweet fruits. I've just remixed my changed recipe so it will be a few days before I try it.

My question is does anyone have a recipe or recipe idea for gin. No lime please. Can't vape it anymore.

Same question for Bourbon (Not Vanilla Bourbon)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I am very much enjoying FA Jamaican Rum and Vape Train Light Rum in my juices. Vape Train's Russian Vodka is also great - wonderful in sorbets! My favorite booze flavor to mix with is FW Pink Champagne - it makes everything better. :D I am going to tackle a Gin Breeze juice next! It is funny that I don't drink alcohol at all but enjoy these flavors in my vapes.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @PJReid What type of juices do you enjoy the rum mix in? What percentage are you mixing the VT Russian Vodka and do you have recipe ideas? Adding FW Pink Champagne to my wish list.

So far, I have only used rum in Piña Colada juice. That was an obsession to get it exactly right for a few weeks. :) I know have a Piña Colada mix that is wonderful!!! I use 1% FA Jamaican Rum and 1% Vape Train Light Rum in it. Perfect! I will pass along the recipe if you are interested.

VTA Russian Vodka is perfect, for me, at 2% in sorbets, spritzers, granitas, martinis, etc. I haven't done a LOT of experimenting with it but plan to try many things. It is slightly citrus, so I tend to work with that rather than against it. I have a very nice Lemon Sorbet recipe (in progress, but tasty now) where it is central.

FW Pink Champagne is my go-to flavor for adding the impression of effervescence where I want that. It really goes with everything. I use it in Fizzy Lemonade, Fizzy Pink Lemonade, even in a Blue Raspberry Slush recipe. It is a very handy flavor and is, IMO, better than TFA Champagne & FA Wine Champagne. I can put the pink champagne in anything and be happy! :)

I am happy to share recipes for anything that I have that sounds interesting to you.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I would love to have your Pina Colada mix recipe and a couple of those Russian Vodka recipes also. I'm just starting out with the boosy flavors and any recipes are much appreciated.

I just sent you a PM. Hope there is something there you like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread