Status
Not open for further replies.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I'm not sure, so don't quote me (I mean, really. Don't quote me. :D), but it seems to me that the only true pass thru mods are (becoming) a thing of the past. Don't all our USB ported devices such as the 'Stick, the Darwin, the iTaste VV (as examples) function in the same way? Yes, you can vape while it's charging, but each vape depletes the battery, then charges it back up, and so on. A true pass thru device actually has no battery, afaik.

So, I agree with you, IMRs. Technically, it's not, but I think we've just come to call them a pass thru.

Ok, /end no quote. You can start quoting me again now. ;)
Great explanation! I forgot I owned one of those and yes, this is a true pass through although it is kinda nice that we have the option to do such a thing with the iStick but most of us hoard so many mods that you shouldn't even need to use it like that. Just sayin' :laugh: Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll have to put it in my archive cabinet. :D Do I have one of those? Yeah, I guess it's the cabinet with the cigalikes. :toast:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
A kindly moderator can edit the original post. Maybe if we only ask to have it updated once or twice a week, we can recruit someone... :D

Oooops... Tibs beat me to it.

I'll check on that for us. :) (not the pastability, but the frequency aspect)

You have been quoted!

Makes sense to me-and you say you aren't technical

NO, you did NOT!!!!!! shackattack!!!

Great explanation! I forgot I owned one of those and yes, this is a true pass through although it is kinda nice that we have the option to do such a thing with the iStick but most of us hoard so many mods that you shouldn't even need to use it like that. Just sayin' :laugh: Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll have to put it in my archive cabinet. :D Do I have one of those? Yeah, I guess it's the cabinet with the cigalikes. :toast:

I have an archive cupboard, too! It's got stuff...... I mean soooooooo much old stuff! I don't know if any of you saw my latest Classies ad, but I had 801 drip tips available! :lol: I still can't understand why they didn't sell!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com

I have three of those old USB 510 5V passthroughs. Two have been retired to the Vaping Museum/Old Folks' Home/Morgue, but the other stays in my car connected to an automotive 12V-to-USB adapter, just in case the 3.2 volt LiFePo batteries in my 5V Woo mod give out while I'm driving around town. Four years of profligate spending on vaping stuff has left me with a sizable inventory of "retired equipment," some of which comes in handy from time to time.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I have an archive cupboard, too! It's got stuff...... I mean soooooooo much old stuff! I don't know if any of you saw my latest Classies ad, but I had 801 drip tips available! :lol: I still can't understand why they didn't sell!
Me too... Hey, don't pick on the 'tips'. I love collecting my tips! :laugh: I just ordered a ton the other day with my first carousel. :oops:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Me too... Hey, don't pick on the 'tips'. I love collecting my tips! :laugh: I just ordered a ton the other day with my first carousel. :oops:

So you're sayin' you need 801 drip tips, eh? ............. :lol:

(I'm nothing if not a drip tip crazy woman, just by the way.) :D

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Just found this thread. Great service to us Kat! Subscribed and will be checking regularly. All these new little powerhouses are great, just to figure out the budget and which one (s) to buy! Is there any way to link reviews or will people be posting their experience with these devices?

No emoticons on tapatalk or I would be posting several ::thumbs up::

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
So you're sayin' you need 801 drip tips, eh? ............. :lol:

(I'm nothing if not a drip tip crazy woman, just by the way.) :D

I still have a few 801 attys around, with a pack of 801 carts ready for "blue foam", and far more than enough drip tips.
On the new VV and VW mods of today, they actually preform pretty well.....:laugh:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Just found this thread. Great service to us Kat! Subscribed and will be checking regularly. All these new little powerhouses are great, just to figure out the budget and which one (s) to buy! Is there any way to link reviews or will people be posting their experience with these devices?

No emoticons on tapatalk or I would be posting several ::thumbs up::

We can link reviews...... we can add in color options and anything else everyone would like! I have a feeling tho, that the "list" is going to become an epic novel sooner or later! :lol: Whatever you guys want, I'll do it, but if I hear ONE complaint that the list is too long or too big...... :lol:

I still have a few 801 attys around, with a pack of 801 carts ready for "blue foam", and far more than enough drip tips.
On the new VV and VW mods of today, they actually preform pretty well.....:laugh:

C'mon Stosh...... it's not nice to tease the post 2011'ers. :D Now EVERYBODY is going to want blue foam instead of rayon. :blink:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Owning the cloupor and ipv minis I wouldnt ckass the ipv mini as small, let alone itty bitty :)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

And herein lies yet another dilemma. You would not, but some would. Do we leave it in, or remove it. 27 people will have 27 answers. I'm sorry, h00ligan, but it is difficult to make the determination and draw lines in the sand, other than the inclusion of the manufacturers self-proclamations. As time goes on, and people offer up dimensions, that might be our best method of deciding what is "itty bitty" and what is not... for each of us personally. That's the best I can do for now.

I hear taste is subjective. ;)

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Sorry, I didnt mean to sound snarky or like a jerk the ipv mini is the size of a mvp basically you're right its subjective

Apologies if I ruffled any feathers didn't mean to

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Not at all, hon, not in the slightest. It's just a tough call when the definition is so unclear (to all of us). What DOES constitute an itty bitty mod? At what point does it become a mid-size? I wouldn't have a clue. So you were far from sounding snarky. You raised a good point, in fact! I just don't have an answer to it. I'm not sure anyone else does either.

But.... if so...... c'mon everybody! What defines an itty bitty? :D

lucky_x16

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Glasford, Il
Not at all, hon, not in the slightest. It's just a tough call when the definition is so unclear (to all of us). What DOES constitute an itty bitty mod? At what point does it become a mid-size? I wouldn't have a clue. So you were far from sounding snarky. You raised a good point, in fact! I just don't have an answer to it. I'm not sure anyone else does either.

But.... if so...... c'mon everybody! What defines an itty bitty? :D

Lets not use hand size, because thats subjective as well. Especially when you have to shop for 3xl gloves, and can palm a full sized CD.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I think this can be found somewhere for approx $100, if not, barely makes the list: microstick
ms-spheroid_01-500x500.jpg

Ecab would qualify, despite that PBusardo hated it, I love mine: Because it's one of the few true "cigar-illo" type ecigs out on the market anymore
eCab-joyetech-couleur.jpg

and of course the eroll....is that a "mod"? :lol:
joyetech_super_slim_eRoll_kit_electronic_cigarette.jpg

I guess Super T Manufacturing 14500 precise simplicity would qualify....though not nearly as elegantly small as the orig. P10 and P16s were. (again, it bothers me that so many stop making smaller battery mods anymore.) http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/shop/precise-simplicity-14500/

both the eroll and ecab I would call "gentle vapes"....its not for people who want to vape 10-20 watts, and guess what......not everybody does want to. :)

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Not at all, hon, not in the slightest. It's just a tough call when the definition is so unclear (to all of us). What DOES constitute an itty bitty mod? At what point does it become a mid-size?

Well, to me, somebody who has spent most of their entire vaping life with small stuff, I would call the provari mini a "mid-size". Meaning, it was way too big and heavy for me.

but I agree, it is a tough call, and depends a lot on what each indiv. thinks is mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread