Long term effects of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightshard

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2013
Israel
I've been vaping for the last 10 months and have noticed all the good short term effects of vaping compared to smoking.

What I'm interested in are the long term negative effects if any.
I know that the FDA don't want to commit to anything substantial and some published articles can't be trusted, since they are influenced by the tobacco lobbies.

So this question is meant only for you "old timers", who have been vaping for a few years now.

How do you feel?
Have you been sick with anything that could be related to vaping?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Only problem with long term studies is ..... well ...... they take long term. So I guess we still have to wait a few more years. As far as illnesses, I haven't had so much as a common cold since I started vaping. (maybe that why they atomize PG into the ventilation systems of hospitals)

I'm 72 years old, and maybe because of vaping instead of smoking, I'll get to hang around for another decade or two. So check back in 20 years to see how it's working out.

Last edited:

Nightshard

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2013
    Israel
    Define long term. At most, someone has been vaping for 5 or so years. If you smoked for 15+ years and vaped for 5, how would one know if some issue was related to one or the other.

I did define long term as a few years which is as long as you can have atm.
    Ofc it's hard to evaluate the damage caused by vaping since we all have accumulated damage from previous years of smoking.
    I do think that someone who smoked for 15 then vaped for 5 would be healthier then someone who smoked for 20.

Still, getting enough feedback from long term vapers could amount to something.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    Only problem with long term studies is ..... well ...... they take long term. So I guess we still have to wait a few more years. As far as illnesses, I haven't had so much as a common cold since I started vaping. (maybe that why they atomize PG into the ventilation systems of hospitals)

I'm 72 years old, and maybe because of vaping instead of smoking, I'll get to hang around for another decade or two. So check back in 20 years to see how it's working out.

You dont count grumpy old farts are always complaining and telling us what is or isnt. So its hard to st a gauge by them;-)

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2009
    East Central Ind
    I have been vaping for just under 4 1/2 years and feel great lung/breathing wise. No coughing or shortness of breath. I was starting to experience those symptoms before I made the switch to vaping. I smoked for 25 years before starting to vape. I am a pretty heavy vapor as well. Besides my first 6mo of vaping I have been at 18mg juice if that matters any. Time will tell for all of use but if we stayed on cigs we know what our future held. With vaping, our future has hope.

Last edited:

irwink

CASAA Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2010
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    I've been vaping for about 3 1/2 years after smoking for more than 40. I feel fine. No more coughing up junk, no more wheezing, don't get winded like I used to. Blood pressure is down. If there's a long term downisde 30 years out from here I doubt it will be anywhere near what another 30 years of smoking would have done provided I even lived that long to begin with. At this stage in my life I'd much rather be rolling the dice with vaping.

Of course I could always try to drop that too. But the problem is I enjoy it. And I intend to enjoy the rest of my life and not pay attention to all the uber health crazies who spend their days worrying and preaching about every tiny thing that might shorten or extend their lives by a couple of months.

Your life is the going to end one way or the other. I'd rather enjoy mine within reason rather than spend all my time worrying about how I can extend it a fraction.

WattWick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Still, getting enough feedback from long term vapers could amount to something.

There's only a small problem with that... they're all DEAD!!!

Ok ok... I'm interested in this myself. Good points on it being hard figuring what's caused by vaping and what's caused by us being smokers for several years.

james chapman

ECF Veteran
    Jan 15, 2013
    Kerrville Texas
    I'm 51,smoked for 35 yrs, @ the end 2.5 pks a day. I have been off Analogues,for 2.5 years. I have so far experienced only the good,no shortness of breath,better stamina,better oral health,return of smell and taste. I don't know if it is related to quitting smoking,or just old age,or because I moved,but my allergies are terrible. I had bad allergies,as a child,but figured I out grew them. When I smoked I never seemed to have a problem,might be because everything was clogged up. When I am in Vegas,no allergies,soon as I'm home,sneezing,eyes.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2009
    East Central Ind
    Another benefit of switching is the emotional and social impact. Vapers are the most helpful group out there. I have made so many new friends thru vaping. Cant say I ever struck up a conversation with or made a new friend due to a shared habit of smoking cigs. Never had a fellow smoker stop me in the grocery store to ask what brand I was smoking and where they could get one or to invite me to a smokers meetup:)

Nightshard

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2013
    Israel
    I'm 51,smoked for 35 yrs, @ the end 2.5 pks a day. I have been off Analogues,for 2.5 years. I have so far experienced only the good,no shortness of breath,better stamina,better oral health,return of smell and taste. I don't know if it is related to quitting smoking,or just old age,or because I moved,but my allergies are terrible. I had bad allergies,as a child,but figured I out grew them. When I smoked I never seemed to have a problem,might be because everything was clogged up. When I am in Vegas,no allergies,soon as I'm home,sneezing,eyes.

Excuse me but putting stamina and oral in the same sentence got me thinking of other things:D

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    After 28+ months of vaping, nothing but positives; physically, spiritually, socially and financially.

Oh, you ask about mentally? Hey, four outta five ain't bad...
    toothy.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread