Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Well, that might not tell us much anyhow. If a mod found the oldest forum member account, which would be from 2007, that doesn't necessarily mean that member started vaping at that time. They could have started vaping a year or 2 after they become a member, but just came here to gather information. When vaping was new, I'm sure there were a lot of smokers who waited a while to actually try it because they didn't know what the hell they were inhaling. There were lots of rumors that it was anti-freeze, for instance.
I was vaping for years before I joined ECF, but it was research that brought me here. Specially a nasty battery accident.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I switched to vaping 5 1/2 years ago after smoking a carton a week for 40 of the previous 50 years. Last April got a lung exam and xray, all A ok. For the past 2 years reformed diet, low carb, and exercise, 1.5 - 2 hours of low heart rate aerobic training daily and 90 minutes of lifting weekly. Along the way dumped 30 lbs of fat, added 12 pounds of muscle, normalized blood pressure, blood sugar, etc. Vaping didn't interfere. I'm 71.
Good job!!!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have heard it said you'd have to gain 350 lbs to like be as unhealthy as smoking,

So really, we as vapers all need to gain like 700 lbs to look the part. My logic may be faulty here, maybe we need to LOSE 350 lbs but then I would have to die, and that sounds unhealthy too.

I personally think vapers should not have to like, amend OTHER habits to like, "look good," I drink A TON of diet pepsi and when people query me about it, I go "Yea, maybe I will deal with this addiction once I am five years smoke free."

Being an ex smoker is really good for dispelling residual shame and dismay with fat kids. I just ask them if I "look healthy" and they go "yeah you are all skinny" or whatever and then I tell the family about my almost oxygen tank smoking history and they feel better I'm like, "It's not about how you LOOK you look fine/handsome/lovely/adorable (sometimes I am lying but not always) it's about your HEALTH.

I love having it in my back pocket,. Chills families right out.

Here is one thing I DO not understand though? Like, a lot of nutritionist are fat themselves,. IDK how they justify all the nutrition information when the kid is sitting there, going "you weigh more than me?"

I don't get it. I worked with one in Sierra Vista and she's lovely but also clinically obese. So are a lot of docs (fat.)

Whenever I got asked to run a smoking cessation class I was like ,"Um I don't think that would go so well given I'd smoke on break and I'd add in EXTRA breaks, specifically announced for the purpose "We are all taking an extra smoke break now."

I mean.....

Anna

Reactions: NCC

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    but then I would have to die, and that sounds unhealthy too.

Well I guess it's all in how you look at it. Dead seems to be the healthiest state a living thing can achieve...
    • you can't get high blood pressure,
    • you can't become diabetic,
    • you can't get cancer,
    • you can't catch a cold,
    • you can't catch a virus,
    • you can't be in pain,
    • you can't be overweight,
    • you can't get a heart attack or a stroke,
    • etc., etc., etc.
    Hell, you can't even die when you're dead. You're virtually invincible.

• Winner
    Reactions: mintymints

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Hate to go off topic, but you seem to be someone who probably sees doctors a lot. If I'm right, what to they think about you vaping...do they even say anything about it being a better option for you over smoking or do they pretty much ignore it or treat it like smoking?

My doctor is an old guy (89!!!)but he thinks young. At first he said he was cautiously optimistic about vaping.

“Well we KNOW how smoking ends up” he said. He is the doc who diagnosed my husband’s cancer. With a stethoscope. Everything he said was confirmed in further tests.

Anyway, he said I likely had early stage emphysema 7 years ago. Just before I started vaping. The last time I went for a check up he said my lungs were clear, my heart healthy as a 30 year old’s.

He still won’t promote vaping, he wants more proof, but he says it seems to be working for me and can’t see a reason I should stop.

Good enough for me.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Stopping smoking didn't make me healthy, just less unhealthy. I think the best thing vapers can do to defend vaping is finish the job, diet, exercise, lose the weight, look the part.
    I remember feeling 10 yrs younger when I quit smoking and started vaping. I felt 10 years younger when I changed my diet. 10 years younger when I found an exercise that works for me, Tai Chi and walking. So thanks to vaping my whole lifestyle changed and I feel 30 yrs younger overall LOL!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I remember feeling 10 yrs younger when I quit smoking and started vaping. I felt 10 years younger when I changed my diet. 10 years younger when I found an exercise that works for me, Tai Chi and walking. So thanks to vaping my whole lifestyle changed and I feel 30 yrs younger overall LOL!

Keep going! 10 years here, 10 years there...pretty soon you'll be back in the womb.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    For the 6 months of summer I walked 2 x 1 hours daily. Resting heart rate declined from low 60's to low 50's. Over two years of better diet and exercise lowered blood pressure from low 160's to low 120's. The way I see it stopping smoking was necessary before I would ever do the other things. I bet 75% of the people in medical waiting rooms are there because of self inflicted illness caused by lifestyle. Allowing people to stop smoking is going to be important to rescuing the health care system.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Allowing people to stop smoking is going to be important to rescuing the health care system.

Healthy people aren't profitable.

We need to save the children.

Let's use some common sense here :D

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Allowing people to stop smoking is going to be important to rescuing the health care system.

I am not sure that the powers that be want to rescue the cash cow. They will milk that cow until it is dead. Those with real cash don't use the health care system in the way tha most of us do. Take the president of Cigna Healthcare or any member of congress, making millions whether by salary or graft, these do not worry about a PCP, pre-approvals, pharmacy formularies and networks. They don't need no stinkin' network.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Well I guess it's all in how you look at it. Dead seems to be the healthiest state a living thing can achieve...
    • you can't get high blood pressure,
    • you can't become diabetic,
    • you can't get cancer,
    • you can't catch a cold,
    • you can't catch a virus,
    • you can't be in pain,
    • you can't be overweight,
    • you can't get a heart attack or a stroke,
    • etc., etc., etc.
    Hell, you can't even die when you're dead. You're virtually invincible.

You can Add...
    • You Can't Be Taxed,
    • You are Not Subject to State or FDA Regulations,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread