Who is our longest term vaper? Relates to long term effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I am not sure that the powers that be want to rescue the cash cow. They will milk that cow until it is dead. Those with real cash don't use the health care system in the way tha most of us do. Take the president of Cigna Healthcare or any member of congress, making millions whether by salary or graft, these do not worry about a PCP, pre-approvals, pharmacy formularies and networks. They don't need no stinkin' network.
The health care system pretends their pills make people healthier when they don't. We were probably better off when everybody knew that the only option was healthy living. Sure the elites can try to ignore the problems but it's eventually a threat to them too. The system needs to incentivize prevention. Lifestyle changes out perform the pills.

I live in a neighborhood where every house has a front porch. Once upon a time half the neigbors were sitting on their porches greeting the other half of the neighbors walking by. Now all those porches are empty and nobody is walking by.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I live in a neighborhood where every house has a front porch. Once upon a time half the neigbors were sitting on their porches greeting the other half of the neighbors walking by. Now all those porches are empty and nobody is walking by.
I don't like people. The last thing I want to do is greet (or be greeted by) one.

I do like dogs though.

DDDWho

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2016
I’m just 4 years in after 60 years of smoking. I had lung cancer, was operated on to remove upper lobe with tumor. Have been cancer free for 3 1/2 years. I visit oncologist twice a year. When he asks me if I smoke I say “no but I vape”, he checks the “no” box without further discussion. He is supposed to be one of the 10 best oncologist in the world. (I just read the plaque on the wall)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
All that death stuff, totally sort of unproven. I mean, you can't feel eternal burning in a bubbling vat of tar, but like you CAN potentially,, do it dead. There are estate taxes, which is kind of taxing your genes and stuff.

You can only "know" death when you have sat down, and written him a letter, inviting him to afternoon coffee because you have been chasing death forever and you decide he MAY respond to politeness, and he does, and he shows up, and you learn ALL about death and how it works.... Or do you? DUN dun DUH, (That' scary music,.) Then he slinks of into the crowd and you lose him and you are like "Damn."

The problem is, that scenario is only possible in the most unpredictable of mediums, poetry, in which everything and nothing can happen at once, using very few words and multiple layers.

The coffee one needs pruning,. Excellent concept though and it does contain one of my favorite lines of "Series of Death" poems (I have many)

The invisible sinister creature, unbeaten even
By God’s own man, who died cursing his dad
as he hung from his cross.

That was a fun line. Also death speaks A TON of languages and when THIS happens:

It’s complicated..” His words hesitated, heavily
Accented. “Habla Espanol?”
My fury rose, it fought to win. At
Last I gasped, “You mean….
they’ve outsourced your job, too?”

I had fun accusing death of like, being cheap, Mexican labor.

You can also be very rude and very entertaining in poetry but there is a reason it's a dead art. Most people just skim. You gots to take your time... We don't have that much,,

I've got all the time in the world
to make you mine, etc.

I forget who the band is but it could also, oh yeah it's Depeche Mode, so it is DEFINITELY also about death,. LOL.

Death could be great or awful, unclear, but I enjoy vaping, twiddling my thumbs and well, cheating it with every breath

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: CMD-Ky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread