Who is our longest term vaper? Relates to long term effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taltos

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Hattiesburg, MS
I am very curious. There is a LOT of talk about not knowing the long term effects of vaping. It has only really been around for a little more than 10 years.

Who here has been vaping the longest? I have been vaping for about 8 years. I have seen no bad side effects or health problems. It has dramatically improved my breathing, endurance, and just generally feeling much better.

Do we have anyone that is in the 10+ year category? 10+ years won't make the doctors happy but I think that is long enough to start picking away at the "don't know long term effect" garbage.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I'm at 12 years. No issues other than I can now walk up a flight of stairs without being winded and I can laugh without coughing uncontrollably. I am a DTL chain vaper. I sleep with my mod and wake up several times a night to vape.

The wife is also at 12 years and she feels better than ever.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Looks like BigPappa and the Missus may have the brass ring. I don't know who has the record though.

I switched mid-January 2010, a little over 10-years ago. Dropped a 35-year, carton per week habit, effortlessly, almost accidentally...hadn't planned to quit when I received my first cigalike. Quitting wasn't even on my radar, I had just accepted that I would smoke until some smoking related illness took me out. Now, I can't imagine smoking cigarettes again, no matter what.

As noted by others, rapidly improved lung function as well as senses of smell and taste. As a smoker, it was a struggle for me to hold my breath for 15-seconds! I tested myself just now, 3-deep breaths and hold, and went over 60-seconds, for a bit of empirical substantiation.

I had reached a point where I was concerned by phlegm and gurgling sounds from my lungs when I laid in bed. Not too long ago, my doctor commented that my lungs were nearly as clear as if I'd never smoked!

One caveat, I have high blood pressure and I understand nicotine is an aggravating factor. But, I'm 66, don't get enough exercise, am a bit overweight and my diet pretty much sucks, so it's hard to lay too much blame on vaping. I'm sure I should work on my nicotine level though.

Last edited:

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Forgotten how long i've vaped for. At least since all you could get were cigalikes which worked out more expensive than smoking.
Do not miss the cough. Or the wheezing. Or the constant coldsores i used to get. Or the 3 month bouts of sore throats and colds.
Quite frankly, even if vaping turned out to be harmful, my quality of life is so much better now that i don't care.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I'm only slightly over the half decade mark, but have experienced just about all the health benefits previously mentioned. Below, I've quoted part of ppeeble's post. I'd have to 100% agree with that.
    Quite frankly, even if vaping turned out to be harmful, my quality of life is so much better now that i don't care.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I'm at 12 years. No issues other than I can now walk up a flight of stairs without being winded and I can laugh without coughing uncontrollably. I am a DTL chain vaper. I sleep with my mod and wake up several times a night to vape.

The wife is also at 12 years and she feels better than ever.
    Fabulous!!! :toast::thumbs:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Forgotten how long i've vaped for. At least since all you could get were cigalikes which worked out more expensive than smoking.
    Do not miss the cough. Or the wheezing. Or the constant coldsores i used to get. Or the 3 month bouts of sore throats and colds.

Excellent point, I have similar thoughts but couldn't put the right words together as well as you.

Taltos

ECF Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Quite a few of you reminded me of benefits I have received from vaping but the problems were long enough ago that I forget about them. I too used to wake up "coughing a lung up" in the morning. I certainly don't miss the fact that a simple cold could get in my lungs and and the vicious cough that would last for a month or TWO! I smoked for 35 years, YUK!!! No more now!

All the "scientist" talking about not knowing the long term problems is a little silly. I understand that these stories are not scientific but there are enough of us that if someone wanted to do studies, there are quite a few vapors that have been doing it for long enough that if we look at 10+ year smokers, it isn't hard to see the difference and wouldn't be THAT difficult to study the differences.

Keep 'em coming please! Anyone out there with more than 12 years????

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Just a newbie at 6 1/2 years. Completely agree with everything above and, without doubt, if I had started smoking 6 1/2 years ago, the symptoms would be obvious. My doctor remained skeptical for a long time and spent years double and triple checking my lungs -- but he has moved on now. Like bnrkwest, I did stop inhaling a year or two back.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Why did you stop inhaling? Are you running for public office? ;)
    :lol::lol::lol: I tried to see if I could do it and with practice it got easier and easier. I was also curious to find out why I love to vape, was it the actual inhale or just the flavors. I found out it is just the flavors and hand to mouth habit. I do like a little nic too, 3 mg, zero nic is not as satisfying for me at this point.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I switched to vaping 5 1/2 years ago after smoking a carton a week for 40 of the previous 50 years. Last April got a lung exam and xray, all A ok. For the past 2 years reformed diet, low carb, and exercise, 1.5 - 2 hours of low heart rate aerobic training daily and 90 minutes of lifting weekly. Along the way dumped 30 lbs of fat, added 12 pounds of muscle, normalized blood pressure, blood sugar, etc. Vaping didn't interfere. I'm 71.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Coming up on 10 years for me. Doing great and just now having a first cold in all this time. My fault tho it was cold windy and i did not cover my head. Stopped inhaling also within the last year. Since the nic is absorbed thru the mouth nose and throat figured i would give the old lungs a rest. Surprisingly easy too.
    :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread