Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
It's been a long time since I've bought a box. I'm so lost.

Currently I'm using MVP4. Before that I used a Cuboid, but the 510 connection on those kept going bad. Before that I used a Provari and various other things.

I usually vape about 25 Watts on a 0.6 resistance coil. I make my own coils and juice. Coils are single clapton wire in a tank. I'm satisfied with my coils and tank. I don't really need something that goes to super high watts, but I do like my batteries to last a long time.

The MVP4 has an internal battery. I'm not opposed to going for something with 18650s, but I don't know which ones to get anymore. All my old ones are probably too old, so I should buy new. Oh, edited to add that I prefer 2 batteries rather than one because I like how they last longer.

Y'all point me in the right direction. I was looking at the VooPoo drag or Wismec something.

TIA!

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@Mooch is the battery guy. He has both a blog and a patreon account for in depth stuff. The short form as I understand it is there are a lot of bad rewraps and difficult to recognize counterfeit batteries out there so getting them from a source known to sell authentic batteries is key. Again @Mooch has the details.

The good news is you vape at fairly low wattage so a huge device isn’t required. Replaceable batteries allow for longer potential mod life and instant swapping of batteries to make shorter life less of an issue. If you get replaceable batteries you need a charger though. Different chargers have different features. Iirc @Mooch has also been testing chargers. Most people who use internal batteries tend to get multiple mods so one can charge while another is being used, so price wise it’s more or less a wash in the short term, with savings for replaceable batteries in the long term because batteries are cheaper than whole mods. You managed to nurse along an mpv4 long past it’s normal failure date so you’re probably pretty careful with your toys. I’m not so I personally tend towards ruggedized stuff. If you’re interested in ruggedized I may be of help, but ruggedized stuff is often both slightly larger and slightly more expensive.

Reactions: Spazmelda

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Sure! That’s why I’m not opposed to going back to separate batteries. I’m just lost as to what to get. Looking at the online shops there are so many pod kit this and pod kit that. I just want a basic box that’s easy to use and batteries that last, not a kit or a pod. Most of the boxes that appeal to me are overkill for my W but that’s okay.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I was just looking at that one. What batteries do you use for it?
The solo is a single 18650 ruggedized mod. An LG2 brown has 20ma draw and 3000mah and would likely be a good choice in your situation for that mod. If you got a dual battery mod you could get away with lower draw batteries.

LG2 batteries are often counterfeited though so finding a reputable seller is key with those. There is a list somewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: DaveP

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hey, Spazmelda. I remember you from AltSmoke Eastgate. :thumb:

I'm using a JAC Vapour series b DNA75w (my daily driver) and a Geekvape Aegis Solo (backup). My Provari's are in my relic drawer. The JAC is just as reliable as a Provari and JAC Vapour supports their products after the sale like Provape did. Only available from their website (just like the Provari).

I'm using Sony VTC6 and Samsung 30Q batteries, both 3000mah 15 amp batteries, and vaping subohm 0.5 ohm coils at 30 watts. We vape similarly.

full

JAC Vapor series B DNA75W
Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I am in the same boat. I've been using a Pockex AIO for a couple of years. I have an original Trog Screwdriver...that's how long it's been since I started LOL!

I started in 2011 with a GoGo, lol. I can remember making a cartomizer tank out of a syringe.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Hey, Spazmelda. I remember you from AltSmoke Eastgate. :thumb:

I'm using a JAC Vapour series b DNA75w (my daily driver) and a Geekvape Aegis Solo (backup). My Provari's are in my relic drawer. The JAC is just as reliable as a Provari and JAC Vapour supports their products after the sale like Provape did. Only available from their website (just like the Provari).

I'm using Sony VTC6 and Samsung 30Q batteries, both 3000mah 15 amp batteries, and vaping subohm 0.5 ohm coils at 30 watts. We vape similarly.

full

JAC Vapor series B DNA75W
Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

I wouldn't steer you wrong.

HEEEYYY! Are you still at Altsmoke? I’m not familiar with the JAC stuff. I will look it up.

Reactions: FranC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread