Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I should also have mentioned the Derringer; the well is pretty deep, and I think it's more of a cloud chaser atty than flavor maker, though the flavor was decent; even with the barest edge of just one airhole showing, it's still way too airy for me. I gotta get a narrower-bore driptip so I can maybe learn to enjoy that one.

Reactions: Tom Forde

Jtbsmiley

Jul 9, 2014
Jackson,TN,USA
thanks for all the advice..it just seems hard to find FLAVOR CHASING RDA's these days..i mean..there are some rda's that have slightly above average deep wells..but ive yet to find ANYTHING like the magma..most rda's you take 2-5 hits and you gotta refill..even though the magma was annoying and i didnt really like it cause it was hard to work with..i could still take 10-20 drags before i ever needed to refill

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
The Marquis is similarly deep and leak resistant like the Veritas, but easier to build with dual coils. The Holmes is designed similar to the Magma, but the bottom airflow holes are raised higher, so it holds lots more juice.

That sounds very interesting! Does that keep it from leaking so much? I think that's why the magma leaks, the holes are flush on the deck, and the condensate runs down, covers the deck, then gets into the airholes. Otherwise I'm in love with my Magma, I just have to keep it at home, so I can mop it up every time I add more juice.

Andria

Jtbsmiley

Jul 9, 2014
Jackson,TN,USA
That sounds very interesting! Does that keep it from leaking so much? I think that's why the magma leaks, the holes are flush on the deck, and the condensate runs down, covers the deck, then gets into the airholes. Otherwise I'm in love with my Magma, I just have to keep it at home, so I can mop it up every time I add more juice.

Andria
yea thats why i got rid of my magma,leaked everytime i refilled it..plus the floating airflow rings were annoying

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
yea thats why i got rid of my magma,leaked everytime i refilled it..plus the floating airflow rings were annoying

I fixed the AFC ring by putting a spare kayfun o-ring under it -- now it stays put, even when I remove the top cap. As long as i don't fill it very full, it seems to do ok, but everytime I get carried away and put too much in it, messy messy messy. So I'll look up that Holmes! is the vape similar? I really like the vape from the Magma.

Andria

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
im saving up for a Revolt RDA by Hazematic soon. That thing looks so sweet and proffesionally made, with peek everything and 316 pharmaceutical grade steel everything. Deep juicewells and giant post holes.

Revolt_Base_2_1024x1024.jpg

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
I fixed the AFC ring by putting a spare kayfun o-ring under it -- now it stays put, even when I remove the top cap. As long as i don't fill it very full, it seems to do ok, but everytime I get carried away and put too much in it, messy messy messy. So I'll look up that Holmes! is the vape similar? I really like the vape from the Magma.

Andria
Yes, the Holmes and Magma give a similar vape experiences. The AFC ring on the Holmes has clicks like an Atlantis, much easier to deal with than a Magma. You can search ECF for some good tips on modding your Magma to reduce leaking. There's also now a Holmes V2 with a pull off top cap for those who don't want to unscrew or drip through the drip tip hole.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yes, the Holmes and Magma give a similar vape experiences. The AFC ring on the Holmes has clicks like an Atlantis, much easier to deal with than a Magma. You can search ECF for some good tips on modding your Magma to reduce leaking. There's also now a Holmes V2 with a pull off top cap for those who don't want to unscrew or drip through the drip tip hole.

I think I actually prefer unscrewing the top cap, to those o-ring type; those o-rings always fight with me. But, when I looked up the Holmes, it says it has four air holes.... that sounds a lot airier than the magma, and I would HATE that -- I use just one of the smallest holes in the magma, and it's not even lined up straight, so I'm really only getting part of that single airhole -- can the Holmes be tightened down that much?

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread