Looking for EhPro Kayfun Lite + Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know it's a fairly old tank, but it's worked so well for me over the years that I never gave up on it. It's exactly the right ratio of vapor production and flavor, for my tastes.

Anyways, a month or two ago I finally broke the polycarbonate middle section, and I had to purchase a replacement for the entire tank. For whatever reason, the replacement seems even less robust than the original one I had. I have dropped the new one three or four times now, and every time it happens, the polycarbonate section and the upper stainless section get their threads misaligned, and I have to empty the liquid out, unscrew them, and realign them. However, now I've run into this problem in which the upper stainless section has stripped the threads on the polycarb section. That is to say, when I tighten the upper section, instead of tightening and then stopping, it tightens and then suddenly jumps a thread and becomes loose again. I've only owned this this for a couple of months and it's already in worse condition than the previous one I'd owned for several years.

So my question is basically, does anybody know where I can purchase EhPro kayfun Lite + parts, so that I could buy just the polycarb section but nothing else?

Thanks

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The Kayfun Lite has been around so long and there are so many clones and newer versions of simuilar RTA's that it's hard to find stateside vendors with parts for the KFL V2. As Shawn said, China vendors are the best source. Buy other stuff when you order to justify the shipping cost and the wait time.

One of those little rubber vendor advertising bands will help save the clear polycarbonate tank when the Kayfun rolls off the table onto the floor.

Here's a vendor in Jacksonville, FL that has the tanks in stock for $2.50. They are out of a lot of colors, but restock is generally slow after the Chinese New Year holiday. Yellow and purple are shown in stock.
Kayfun / Orchid v4 Replacement Tank by HCigar

Last edited:

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
Kafun.jpg
Is this what you are looking for? I will PIF to you if this is what you are looking for.

Alright, some great suggestions have been made so far, and I'm gonna do my best to reply to everyone

I must admit my search mostly only involved Google and I'm surprised that Fasttech didn't show up on my search. I've been out of the purchasing game for a while and I guess I'd forgotten about Fasttech. Many thanks, I think I'm still holding out for a clear one, but these may serve as temporaries while I wait for clear ones to be re-stocked.

Here's a vendor in Jacksonville, FL that has the tanks in stock for $2.50. They are out of a lot of colors, but restock is generally slow after the Chinese New Year holiday. Yellow and purple are shown in stock.
Kayfun / Orchid v4 Replacement Tank by HCigar

That's perfect! I've signed up for email notification as to when they re-stock the clear version, and I may go with one of the in-stock colors as a temporary while I wait. Thank you!

View attachment 732557 Is this what you are looking for? I will PIF to you if this is what you are looking for.

I have to admit I don't know what PIF stands for, but yes, that small clear window section shown in your images is what I'm looking for.

You can also simplify your KF by using bell caps, etc

Thanks, although for now I'm going to stick with the original design. I may, however, consider looking into some of those parts as temporaries, in case I run into this problem again, so I appreciate your input here.

@psychonaut25 - Maybe some of these bits & pieces will be of use to you:

Search - Kayfun

Indeed, thank you! Signed up for email notification for re-stocking.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Alright, some great suggestions have been made so far, and I'm gonna do my best to reply to everyone

I must admit my search mostly only involved Google and I'm surprised that Fasttech didn't show up on my search. I've been out of the purchasing game for a while and I guess I'd forgotten about Fasttech. Many thanks, I think I'm still holding out for a clear one, but these may serve as temporaries while I wait for clear ones to be re-stocked.

That's perfect! I've signed up for email notification as to when they re-stock the clear version, and I may go with one of the in-stock colors as a temporary while I wait. Thank you!

I have to admit I don't know what PIF stands for, but yes, that small clear window section shown in your images is what I'm looking for.

Thanks, although for now I'm going to stick with the original design. I may, however, consider looking into some of those parts as temporaries, in case I run into this problem again, so I appreciate your input here.

PIF means pay it forward... They are offering at no charge...maybe shipping

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

Anything you find in most vendor's Clearance sections or at drastically reduced prices now...won't be restocked even though it has that "notify me" notation (as it does on Texas Select Vapor). They're trying to liquidate what they have now.

If the little M Tank Window on TSV is what you're wanting, I did buy a few of them in Oct. 2016, when I found the things I linked you to. I could sell 2 of them to you...if you'll get "verified", so I could list them in the ECF classifieds section for you to buy.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I purchased these in 2014, and really enjoyed them. Only one was used, the other was a back up. I have moved on, so these were cleaned and put back in original box. I would be glad to send you one, PM me and give me your address for shipping. No charge.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@psychonaut25 - Found the little ones in clear and colors. Website info says:

"KayFun Colored Tanks

Replacement colored clear acrylic tank section for the Kayfun RBA

These tank sections are compatible with the Kayfun, Kayfun Lite +, Kayfun 3.1, Russian 91%, and most Kayfun clones using 20mm x 0.05 threading

Available in Smoke, Blue Purple, Pink, Yellow, Green, Clear

These tanks may not be safe for use with all eLiquids. If your liquid is known to crack or fog acrylic/PMMA tanks, please use care when using these tank sections."

Kayfun Colored Tanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
If your looking for those clear atty pieces and looking at fasttech to buy some, look into the insulators also, they are getting harder to find, go very easily from too hot cause your building a bit too low and things are getting hot and some of the older kayfuns aren't peek so they can degrade. Fasttech had loads of kayfun parts (I stocked up plenty) then something changed I think and its a different search like "kf" or something. I used kayfun bellcaps more than the stock metal atty, they too are a good buy. Kayfuns were great attys in their day but and just like my protanks all got shelved but still never get rid of any of them cause they are good reliable atty. Don't get the quartz piece. There is only 2 flimsy orings that hold the entire atty from breaking apart.
The Kayfun was a major player in my learning to build and especially how to wick. Protanks were simple to wick.

PM me and give me your address for shipping. No charge.

You the real MVP. PM sent.

You're also the real MVP!

look into the insulators also, they are getting harder to find, go very easily from too hot cause your building a bit too low and things are getting hot and some of the older kayfuns aren't peek so they can degrade.

Well, I don't sub-ohm, I build my coils to around 1.8 ohms, so I am doubting that's nearly the sort of problem for me that it is for some other vapers... but it's worth knowing about so I appreciate the heads up. I'll look into it.

Reactions: JCinFLA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Well, I don't sub-ohm, I build my coils to around 1.8 ohms
You can't subohm kayfuns, anything below 1.0, even 1.2 can be hard on the kayfun. You won't get a proper vape from the lack of airflow. Higher range builds 1.6-2.2Ω are great for the kayfun on a mech. Then you set unlocked mech down to smell cooking atty and a cooked melted deck insulator, not a pretty sight and not peek. I bought some of every kayfun part to have spares.
As for the tool.... I think its a fill tool. I have 2 of them and if the top oring isn't inside the cap the fill tool is useless so it works best on a authentic kayfun, russian and others that have the same cap design. The major con is filling kayfuns, always some mess and a pain.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Years ago I build 2 ohm Kanthal coils for the Kayfun, but later when I started experimenting a little I found that 6 to 8 wraps of 28ga SS316L at 2.5mm coil size offered better vape and flavor with a variable mod and the coils lasted longer with SS. All that, and you can switch back and forth between power mode and TC mode with the same coil.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread