Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
There is a guy from my work who vapes a cigalike. He has been using it for at least a year now and is probably the only person I know still vaping such thing. I don't usually talk to him, but his reactions to my conversations with other vapers lead me to believe that he thinks any flavor that doesn't try to imitate the taste of tobacco is silly and any device that puts out more vapor than a cigarette would put out smoke is beyond silly. I think he prefers something that looks like a cigarette. I don't think he is quitting though, he obviously enjoys vaping as he has been doing it for a long time.

So, there are people like this. If it appeases some people and BT makes cigalikes that are just like smoking, some people will be attracted.

But most vapers that have been doing this awhile have moved away from cigarette-like things.

A rat who has always lived in a maze probably thinks anything outside the maze is silly. People are defined by the limitations they set for themselves.

Andria

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
If no one had noticed the cigallike market is upgrading their gear to mods and tanks now. The BT part of vaping is following trends and WILL stay in the game and are shaping legislation to ensure that they do stay in the game.

The independent cig-alike companies are upgrading.

I haven't seen any BT company move to a refillable system.

Reactions: Mazinny

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
This article seems to be saying that the party's over for e-cigs. Am I missing something?
for cigalikes.e-cigs that look like cigarettes.
BT has invested heavily in that market sector.
the title of the article is a little misleading
as it doesn't distinguish the difference.
mike

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Off topic
What does that mean? I even googled it because up to date acronyms are somewhat beyond me... but I can't find it! :D

Andria
It is no acronym, just an ironic exclamation. Your post is ignorant of another person's vaping choice but worse than that, judging and insulting. Ignoring your conscious or unconscious full approval of animal cruelty, the rat has no choice but to comply with the researchers instructions while the human made a conscious, free choice. The comparison above doesn't show any proof of logic use, it is a humiliation to the vaper you are referring and a reminder to our cruelty for our own and also the other species.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It is no acronym, just an ironic exclamation. Your post is ignorant of another person's vaping choice but worse than that, judging and insulting. Ignoring your conscious or unconscious full approval of animal cruelty, the rat has no choice but to comply with the researchers instructions while the human made a conscious, free choice. The comparison above doesn't show any proof of logic use, it is a humiliation to the vaper you are referring and a reminder to our cruelty for our own and also the other species.

Well... if you don't think that people are defined by the limitations they set for themselves... not much I can do to fix it.

Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Well... if you don't think that people are defined by the limitations they set for themselves... not much I can do to fix it.
I don't go into the New Members subforum much these days, so I have no idea how it is now...

But back in the old days I would say at least 80% of newbies on this forum would be looking for something...
--that looks like a cigarette
--that feels like a cigarette
--that tastes like a cigarette

Not only that, but it had to taste like THEIR brand of cigarette.

And the rest of us just laughed to ourselves while shaking our heads.
Because we'd all been wearing that same pair of shoes not so long ago.

I used to always tell them that they would probably change their minds about all that.
But I'd still help them the best I could with what they thought they wanted.

Mainly, I just didn't want them to give up.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
This all has me thinking...BT's products have always been inferior and this article Skoony shared shows that to be true. BT isn't going to just roll over and give up though, they see the writing on the wall. Maybe, just maybe, they will go the way of the open tank systems and that could be nothing but good for us. They'll see that their attempt to beat us is failing and they'll have to join us.
It will be interesting to see how BT responds. If they do come up with an open tank design or even *gasp* sub ohm and tc products it will be interesting especially if they put significant resources developing products. BT has vast resources compared to the grass roots e cig businesses and could conceivably produce better products that what is currently available. If they continue to put out crap then that's all it will ever be.

Also I think putting ecigs right next to the old nasties is a mistake in the first place. I have never bought a cigalike from a corner store or the like and don't think I ever would have.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark

Andria
So based on what you write, one human's choice of doing something that satisfies him/her to a limit is the same as keeping an animal in a box and force it in completing certain tasks.

As for the the rat you mentioned, I assume that to him/her life is 'silly' inside the box, and you're right, you're never going to be able to fix that.

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I don't go into the New Members subforum much these days, so I have no idea how it is now...

But back in the old days I would say at least 80% of newbies on this forum would be looking for something...
--that looks like a cigarette
--that feels like a cigarette
--that tastes like a cigarette

Not only that, but it had to taste like THEIR brand of cigarette.

And the rest of us just laughed to ourselves while shaking our heads.
Because we'd all been wearing that same pair of shoes not so long ago.

I used to always tell them that they would probably change their minds about all that.
But I'd still help them the best I could with what they thought they wanted.

Mainly, I just didn't want them to give up.

There are vapers that start with and stay with the cigalikes and ego/clearo set ups because it works for them and all they are interested in is not smoking period so there is no reason for them to go hobbyist, and, good for them because they are the ones who are not only off the cigs but are saving tons of money too. I find among my friends that stayed with that gear they use them less then those that "upgraded" do, much in the same way when they smoked, and they go through a lot less juice. For myself when ever I get a serious craving for a cig the only thing that works for me to make it go away is a cigalike with menthol eliquid even though I have been vaping for 4 years now. It's more then just a nic fix it's the feeling in your hand, being able to hold it like a cig and inhale from it in much the same way, so I definitely get it. To this day I would not be without a cigalike and I still rock my egos time to time for out and about :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
There are vapers that start with and stay with the cigalikes and ego/clearo set ups because it works for them and all they are interested in is not smoking period so there is no reason for them to go hobbyist, and, good for them because they are the ones who are not only off the cigs but are saving tons of money too. I find among my friends that stayed with that gear they use them less then those that "upgraded" do, much in the same way when they smoked, and they go through a lot less juice. For myself when ever I get a serious craving for a cig the only thing that works for me to make it go away is a cigalike with menthol eliquid even though I have been vaping for 4 years now. It's more then just a nic fix it's the feeling in your hand, being able to hold it like a cig and inhale from it in much the same way, so I definitely get it. To this day I would not be without a cigalike and I still rock my egos time to time for out and about :)
That's why I said 80% in my post.
Because there is probably 20% that get there like that.
:)

Granted, these are numbers I just made up.
But it is the impression I have developed over the years.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
the e-cigalike market seems to have bottomed out.
mike

It didn't say e-cigalike. It said ecigarette. Keep in mind, most people think of an ecigarette as any vapor product.

I was under impression they were talking about vapor products here, not cigalikes.

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
It didn't say e-cigalike. It said ecigarette. Keep in mind, most people think of an ecigarette as any vapor product.

I was under impression they were talking about vapor products here, not cigalikes.
The problem with the information in the article is that it comes from a survey of TOBACCO RETAILERS. Since you typically don't see tanks and mods at your local corner store the information is limited to interest in cigalike products.

Had they also gathered information from businesses that use vaping equipment and supplies as their main product lines, the information would have been quite different. How many new B&M stores have been opened since December 2013? How many new online retailers? Has foot/web traffic to these businesses increased?

Of course all these things have increased so the article while writing about e cigarettes is actually only referring to cigalike devices not the industry as a whole.

Reactions: Lessifer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread