LorAnn Flavors- COLOR CODED Complete Ingredients List

Status
Not open for further replies.

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
The two I have weren't noted as "insoluble in water" on their labels, I found that out after mixing up a 5ml batch. They went cloudy and looked greasy so I looked them up on the LorAnn site. Sassafras and Lemonade are the two I had some issues with. The vapor production was low and the flavor stuck to the atomizer for ages afterwards even after obsessive cleaning. Other members have had success with these, but I figured I should point it out anyway... more of a "use with caution" rather than an outright no-no.
As Kelly79 mentioned, it's not all wasted. I'm going to attempt to make some taffy with these flavors on the weekend. :D

I thought that as well but as I mentioned above, other members have had success using them. We all know the ones maked oil or sugar are definitely bad, but there are people out there using the ones marked insoluble without any major issue.

Glad y'all are liking the list, makes the effort worthwhile. :)[/QUOTE

I found a few posts around here describing how to vape insoluble. You have to first mix and desolve the oils in pure grain alcohol (everclear) not sure of the ratio but I'm sure you could find it in the diy questions area of the forum.... Happy vaping

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I just bought some 100% Sweet Orange Essential Oil which is for aromatherpay. 10ml for 3usd.

Added 4 -5 drops to 9ml of menthol 30%vg and 70%pg that was cheaply bought from China and had no flavor. 11mg nicotine.

Now it tastes pretty damned good. in fact I can honestly describe it as delicious.

I hope this is not going to do my body any damage....

I am noticing more of a lightheadedness than usual. Like being a little tipsy.

Is that many drops okay for my health? How much could I safely vape in a day?

Am I going to get ill?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
What is a good starting point in percent or drops to add if using Lorann, say in drops for 10Ml, or what %? I just grabbed coffee and maple Lorann today, before reading this. I don't know where to start. Help! I've no idea if it's as strong as Flavour Art or not. Flavour Art is on my list to try, but ths was at the pharmacy and was an impulse buy.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
@Max_E
Start around 5 or 10% for average flavors. You can always add more, and usually you need to. However some flavors are really strong so even with a low amount like 5% you have to dilute it. Menthol, if you make it from crystals, is so intensely strong that even 1% is way too much (never measured it though, one microdrop from a syringe is enough for several ml).

If you are (a) starting out and (b) doing a new recipe, then 10ml will be too much as you stand a good chance of wrecking it. Instead, start with 1ml only. If 20 drops from your dropper = 1ml, then take a small 5ml dropper bottle like the ones halfway down this page..... 5ml Childproof w/ dropper - Clear ..... and put 18 drops in it. Then add 2 drops of flavor. Insert the dropper top, screw on the cap, and shake. You have about 1ml of mix @ 10% flavor.

Drip 2 drops into an atty and put on an empty cart or drip tip. Vape the mix for 3 or 4 puffs, see what you think. Adjust the mix by adding more flavor or by diluting it with more base. Test again.

When it's about right, make 4ml, which leaves some space in the bottle for final adjustment. Drip vape it again to check, and adjust to taste. Now you have a final recipe.

Lorann's Coffee is not intended for vaping as it has dark food coloring in it. This can cause some people to feel that their lungs don't like it. A better coffee for vaping is one that has been made for that purpose, without colorings, such as from DV - Decadent Vapours, from the site in the previous link for example (I think).

In general, the less flavor you add, the better for your health probably, as many of these flavors are for cake baking and may have colorings in; and in any case no one knows the implications for most of them. The flavorings are the unknown factor in the equation at the moment. Even the ones used in aromatherapy are not likely to have been inhaled in the quantity that we use. So, yeah, it may taste fabulous - but so do chocolate doughnuts and rum, and most people limit their consumption... :)

Last edited:

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
@Max_E
Start around 5 or 10% for average flavors. You can always add more, and usually you need to. However some flavors are really strong so even with a low amount like 5% you have to dilute it. Menthol, if you make it from crystals, is so intensely strong that even 1% is way too much (never measured it though, one microdrop from a syringe is enough for several ml).

If you are (a) starting out and (b) doing a new recipe, then 10ml will be too much as you stand a good chance of wrecking it. Instead, start with 1ml only. If 20 drops from your dropper = 1ml, then take a small 5ml dropper bottle like the ones halfway down this page..... 5ml Childproof w/ dropper - Clear ..... and put 18 drops in it. Then add 2 drops of flavor. Insert the dropper top, screw on the cap, and shake. You have about 1ml of mix @ 10% flavor.

Drip 2 drops into an atty and put on an empty cart or drip tip. Vape the mix for 3 or 4 puffs, see what you think. Adjust the mix by adding more flavor or by diluting it with more base. Test again.

When it's about right, make 4ml, which leaves some space in the bottle for final adjustment. Drip vape it again to check, and adjust to taste. Now you have a final recipe.

Lorann's Coffee is not intended for vaping as it has dark food coloring in it. This can cause some people to feel that their lungs don't like it. A better coffee for vaping is one that has been made for that purpose, without colorings, such as from DV - Decadent Vapours, from the site in the previous link for example (I think).

In general, the less flavor you add, the better for your health probably, as many of these flavors are for cake baking and may have colorings in; and in any case no one knows the implications for most of them. The flavorings are the unknown factor in the equation at the moment. Even the ones used in aromatherapy are not likely to have been inhaled in the quantity that we use. So, yeah, it may taste fabulous - but so do chocolate doughnuts and rum, and most people limit their consumption... :)

Thanks a lot for this info - really appreciate it!!

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
OK.

Well, everyone will give you a different answer for this sort of stuff, but you have to start somewhere. Soon enough you'll have your own method.

I know. I just needed an idea of a starting point. Flavor Art is 1-2%. LorAnn seems to need a higher % to work with, 5-15%. That info really helps a lot. Thanks.

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
Does anyone know the ingridients of the LorAnn's all natural flavors? There are very few flavors, but the Banana is very nice, Blueberry is very light, Cherry turns the liquid blue after a day. I am a little hesitant to try the Cherry. One batch of my Banana turned a slight pinkish clor after a few days and one batch stayed perfectl clear. All the flavoring is colorless.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Does anyone know the ingridients of the LorAnn's all natural flavors? There are very few flavors, but the Banana is very nice, Blueberry is very light, Cherry turns the liquid blue after a day. I am a little hesitant to try the Cherry. One batch of my Banana turned a slight pinkish clor after a few days and one batch stayed perfectl clear. All the flavoring is colorless.

Look on the bottle for artificial coloring. Don't use it. There's a chart somewhere on this forum...

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
Look on the bottle for artificial coloring. Don't use it. There's a chart somewhere on this forum...

Thanks Max,
Here is what the bottle says and I quote; "Contains: vegetable glycerin, water,grain alchohol, natural cherry with other natural flavors, sugar, citric acod. No added or artificial colors. All flavoring ingredients approved for use by the FDA."
It sounds pretty good, wish they didn't add sugar, but other than that it should be perfect. Still don't know why the color of the liquid changes.
:confused::confused::confused:

vikki59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA the North Bay!
I'm a noob and have been reading on this forum alot. Here is my question ~ I know that not all lorann oils are oils, but some ppl are saying that if you use an oil, just dedicate an atty to it. It is my understanding that vaping the oils is very bad for your lungs, which I didn't see mentioned anywhere in this thread?? I have heard/read that about vaping the oils on multiple forums, and I don't know why it is bad for your lungs, just that it is. Great list btw

past master

Jul 19, 2011
Pa
i'm new to vaping and am tired of buying juice that tastes like disel fuel, tried alot of different venders. I know juice in a cart/atty will tast different at different volts, and different ohms. after buying a bunch of batteries for different volts became to confusing to me as what goes where syndrome so i want to try my had at trying to make me something that i will like to vape and be satisfied to get rid of the analogs for good. Now where to start , first you need a plan now i need i list of things i need to collect to make my plan work. All the info i've read so far on the sites leave my head spinning. Been out of chemistry since high school and i wasn't at the top of my class. So i come to you wonderful people for helping to get me started. thanks to all
for the wealth of knowlege that is hear at the forum.

Tinky

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
oklahoma
Well makes one wonder what the chemical composition of the artificial flavors are which is how I stumbled on this post for I was wondering if I should use LorAnn

I have been experimenting with peos and was a supplier and aromatherapy lover of botanicals but new to vaping.

So far instead of mixing peos in I lightly touch filled cart of ecopure in desired nicotine level with flat toothpick of desired peo with good results so far with spearmint, peppermint, cinnamon leaf.

Remember these are not fragrant or artifical oils but therapeutic grade peos for massage and air diffusers purely steam distilled from organic grown botanicals.

Now we use in aromatherapy an air pump and glass diffuser that creates a very fine mist of pure,only peo for therapy so they get inhaled into lungs diluted with environmental air.so the main danger in vaping is concentration level and high temps.

The other common delivery system is a few drops in hanky and inhale

Touching a full cart off with flat toothpick dipped in spearmint will set a powerful mint dominance for about 10-15 hits.

I have been drinking, bathing .massaging, diffusing with peos for 20 years but never vaped a peo till this week and it is very powerful in mind/body effects.

I would recommend a preliminary review of,

The Encyclopedia of Medical Plants, Andrew Chevallier

The Aromatherapy Book, Jeanne Rose

Proceed with extreme caution, study and happiness.

This answered one of my pressing questions about DIY...thank you!!

Re loranns...I'm really interested in the lavender flavoring...anyone try it? From all I've read thus far...I should order flavoring rather than oil? How do the guys do the clove flavors? I thought it was an oil...I have a thing for clove as much as I do nic...I have some clove peo but haven't the had the nerve to try it yet...I'm still researching DIY before I start DIY...

This thread should go sticky. :)

Tinky

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
oklahoma
That flavor is from their new natural section: https://www.lorannoils.com/c-202-new-natural-flavors.aspx

Most seem fine to use, but the Cherry has sugar and the Maple has Caramel Color. I don't know anyone who has used them yet, though.

They also state "Please keep in mind that these flavors, while concentrated, are only about half as strong as our traditional super-strength candy oils."

So are the candy oils ok to use? So much new info I've taken in today from one thread to another...forgive me if I'm being redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread