Lorillard purchases Blu E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
If Blu/Lorillard sells a product like the Volt / Bloog MaxxFusion / Halo G6 then I would be 100% behind them.
As it is right now I am only about 70% behind them.
:)

By the way, I was reading somewhere that Leaford was a big part of the development of the Bloog MaxxFusion.
Does anyone happen to know if that's true?

I think it's true... Leaford was quite active with V4L, then left rather suddenly and went to Bloog.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Phillip Morris is already jumping into the e-cig business.As of two weeks ago they have started a long-term 3 month study of a new electronic cigarette product through the Consumer Opinion Center in Richmond Va.I received an email invitation to join the study but it was full when I called 12 hours later.

ecig.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Phillip Morris is already jumping into the e-cig business.As of two weeks ago they have started a long-term 3 month study of a new electronic cigarette product through the Consumer Opinion Center in Richmond Va.I received an email invitation to join the study but it was full when I called 12 hours later.
Yeah, that study has been mentioned on this forum a few times.
I just wish someone who participated could tell us what they're up to.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Hmmmm, the plot thickens.
From what I understand about Tobacco allotments- they are already earmarked for large tobacco companies-
that's why it's literally impossible to get one, in order to grow tobacco for say a new company or e-cig related e-juice producer. With that in mind, a company already in position to receive tobacco from allotted farmers such as Lorillard will have no problem producing their own e-juice....could be part of the reason why Blu wanted to hook up with an already established cigarette maker- they were growing too fast for J.C. to continue to supply all their e-juice and had to find someone to take up the slack or even replace them. Lorillard is positioned to supply them w/ all of their USA grown and made tobacco/ejuice.

Oh, and I'm in agreement that they are not apt to put other products (that will cause further health issues and addiction) in their e-juice...all eyes are on them right now for their move. If it were to happen, it will happen much later after RJR and PM jump in.... Not a rumor- - - Just my opinion.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Yeah, that study has been mentioned on this forum a few times.
I just wish someone who participated could tell us what they're up to.
If enough ask around ... surely at least 1 participant can be found.
Hopefully, they didn't sign a document with a gag clause stating
they are not allowed to discuss details.

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
There was also a recent post about an inquiry for wholesale purchase of pure nicotine from one of the "USA" base suppliers. It was rejected, but said to be a very lucrative offer. Perhaps JC is looking into ramping up production, and/or Blu may be looking into other flavor options or increasing supply.

JC is also releasing their own e-cig model (very Ego-like), and selling prefilled and blank cartomizers for it.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
If enough ask around ... surely at least 1 participant can be found.
Hopefully, they didn't sign a document with a gag clause stating
they are not allowed to discuss details.

Thing is, the study is limited to "vapers" in Richmond Va.I hesitate to use the term vapers because I have a sneaking suspicion that MOST of the people in that study are actually smokers who bought a cheap disposable e-cig from a convenience store so they could make 300 bucks.That study filled up VERY fast.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
From what I understand about Tobacco allotments- they are already earmarked for large tobacco companies- that's why it's literally impossible to get one, in order to grow tobacco for say a new company or e-cig related e-juice producer. With that in mind, a company already in position to receive tobacco from allotted farmers such as Lorillard will have no problem producing their own e-juice....could be part of the reason why Blu wanted to hook up with an already established cigarette maker- they were growing too fast for J.C. to continue to supply all their e-juice and had to find someone to take up the slack or even replace them. Lorillard is positioned to supply them w/ all of their USA grown and made tobacco/ejuice.

Oh, and I'm in agreement that they are not apt to put other products (that will cause further health issues and addiction) in their e-juice...all eyes are on them right now for their move. If it were to happen, it will happen much later after RJR and PM jump in.... Not a rumor- - - Just my opinion.
OH ... That is very interesting.
:ohmy:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
As previously stated by a couple other members including Roly, the nature of corporate business is to eliminate the competition. Market share.

Then why do car dealers flock to the same area to create "auto row"?
Why did Ford encourage bailing out the other 3?
Why does the biggest tobacco use it's pull with the FDA to put all other tobacco out of business?
Why doesn't the biggest pharma shut down all other pharma?

Yours is a common wrong perception. The truth is competition helps drive demand.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
From their website, the Consumer Opinion Center has a list of inappropriate dress for participants on their premises
---------------------------------------------
What to Wear

The Consumer Opinion Center provides a casual and relaxed environment. To be respectful of other study participants, please do not wear any clothing that may be found offensive or otherwise deemed inappropriate by your fellow research participants, including:

•Clothing displaying obscene, profane or offensive images or words
•Torn or ripped clothing
•Low cut shirts or extremely tight clothing
•See-through clothing or clothing that exposes undergarments or midriffs
•Skirts or dresses shorter than mid-thigh

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
From their website, the Consumer Opinion Center has a list of inappropriate dress for participants on their premises
---------------------------------------------
What to Wear

The Consumer Opinion Center provides a casual and relaxed environment. To be respectful of other study participants, please do not wear any clothing that may be found offensive or otherwise deemed inappropriate by your fellow research participants, including:

•Clothing displaying obscene, profane or offensive images or words
•Torn or ripped clothing
•Low cut shirts or extremely tight clothing
•See-through clothing or clothing that exposes undergarments or midriffs
•Skirts or dresses shorter than mid-thigh

So are you saying, no g-strings or Wicked Weasel bikinis? Oh...gee..... they ruin everything. :lol:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
This is exactly whats wrong w this country. People dont avoid companies in this fashion. We all sit back and suck up all the BS that BT & BP feed us, weather its direct or indirect.
Unfounded rumors? What part of BT & BP would you consider truth? For that matter what part of the gov protection agencies set up to look out for us, namely the FDA would you believe? The part where whoever has the most $ to buy legislation wins?
IMO its all rumors. If you believe anything a press release says from a large corporation, you need to remove the blinders. I'm not trying to start a war here, but, IMO it is all BS. Unless your sitting in that boardroom, its all rumors.

I wouldn't avoid a big tobacco product. I was asking a person who says they would if they also avoid everything big tobacco owns since they would avoid Blu because of who has become the parent company.
If you're going to be paranoid about what big tobacco does with all the companies they own did they start making ketchup with tomacco to get people addicted?

The thought of big tobacco making the juice would be a good thing in my mind. They have the ability to extract nicotine in house.
The danger in making juice isn't in the white rooms companies like to show for the mixing, it's the barrels they use to ship the juice from chemical plants to the juice mixing companies. Fail to clean a barrel that was used to ship DEG before packing PG and you now have a contaminated batch. Do the same thing with a poison barrel that shipped a pyrethroid one week and nicotine the next and you have a real problem.

But for now the thought that anyone but Johnson Creek will be making Blu's juice is just a rumor and should be treated as such.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
From what I understand about Tobacco allotments- they are already earmarked for large tobacco companies-
that's why it's literally impossible to get one, in order to grow tobacco for say a new company or e-cig related e-juice producer.

Not completely true. I don't remember the specifics but I've read from pipe tobacco companies how the tobacco auctions work and they are auctions.
Any earmarking for big tobacco would be because of tobacco type not actual earmarking. Most cigarettes are Burley therefore most farmers grow Burley to have an easy sale. But if you're want to make a new pipe blend you may go to your favorite farmer and have them plant an extra acre of Virginia. When American Spirit wanted Perique it caused mass paranoia in the pipe world because rumor was only one small farm grows it and only one small area can grow it. Reality was all they had to do was talk some other farmers into growing and curing enough for what they wanted (then the rumor became "fake Perique" :) ).

Plus since this would be for extraction of pure nicotine if it came down to it you wouldn't need tobacco at all. But since we're talking large international chemical plants doing the extraction they could get what they wanted.

panachronic

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
WA
You know we wouldn't even be commenting here if our government wasn't so corrupt. Here's the FDA ridiculing the e-cig yet I can go down to the local GNC and buy vitamins and other "dietary supplements"(untested by the FDA)with God only knows what in them. Then at the bottom of the description is this little note...

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Seems to work for the Vitamin industry...why not the e-cig. industry? Just a thought.
I think that's basically where the e-cig industry is right now. But maybe not for much longer.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
Tonight at 9:00pm EST “Lorillard buys Blu Cigs” on VP Live
VapersPlace | VP Live

We are going to do a roundtable discussion.
My guest will be:
rolygate - admin of ECF
Chris - admin of Vaportalk
Jan - admin of vapersforum
Scott - admin of Nu-vapor
and me :) - admin of Vapers Place

Hopefully I will have Jason Healy (owner of Blu Cigs) on next week.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
If Phillip Morris buys Ruyan, and Lorillard is paying licensing fees to Ruyan for Blu electronic cigarettes...
I guess that means Lorillard starts paying Phillip Morris?

Whoever owns the PATENT gets paid by the Licencee of that licence , sales of Ruyan may or may NOT include the patent ! , at this point it would be foolish for Ruyan to sell IMO , they just received a US patent on the basics of an Ecig , this is worth TONS of $$$ .

Actually IF they go full bore all MOD makers would owe Ruyan licence fees , IF they will issue them , they do NOT have to it is up to them.

There are 2 patents referenced #8,156,944 Ruyan and 7,843,410 B2 , Best Partners Worldwide ( actual Patent holder )

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Tonight at 9:00pm EST “Lorillard buys Blu Cigs” on VP Live
VapersPlace | VP Live

We are going to do a roundtable discussion.
My guest will be:
rolygate - admin of ECF
Chris - admin of Vaportalk
Jan - admin of vapersforum
Scott - admin of Nu-vapor
and me :) - admin of Vapers Place

Hopefully I will have Jason Healy (owner of Blu Cigs) on next week.

Maybe you could try to get Best Partners Worldwide or Ruyan to come on ??? to discuss the patent implications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread