Lorillard's influence on the e-cig industry?

Lorillard's influence on the e-cig industry?

• Lorillard will promote the use of e-cigs & harm reduction to the general public.

• Lorillard will take on the FDA and ANTZ.

• Lorillard will engage in R&D to make a superior product.

• Lorillard will eliminate competition in the industry.

• Lorillard will subvert the e-cig industry & protect analogs.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I'm hoping they find a way to get the cost of Blu down...it's a good product, it'll always have a special place in my heart for getting me started on my vaping adventure. But it's just too darn expensive where it's at right now! I'm hoping that maybe, because Lorillard makes so much money off Newport, they might be willing to bring the price point of the Blu down. It would definitely generate more sales at the Walgreen's counter if they didn't cost so much!

(In a perfect world, I'd be throwing Blu starter packs to every smoker I saw standing outside in the heat/cold/rain smoking an analog! It doesn't have to be like this! Catch!! Okay, driver, go! So many smokers, so little time..)

vinniepearl

Jul 9, 2012
Davenport
I'm hoping they find a way to get the cost of Blu down...it's a good product, it'll always have a special place in my heart for getting me started on my vaping adventure. But it's just too darn expensive where it's at right now! I'm hoping that maybe, because Lorillard makes so much money off Newport, they might be willing to bring the price point of the Blu down. It would definitely generate more sales at the Walgreen's counter if they didn't cost so much!

(In a perfect world, I'd be throwing Blu starter packs to every smoker I saw standing outside in the heat/cold/rain smoking an analog! It doesn't have to be like this! Catch!! Okay, driver, go! So many smokers, so little time..)

I agree. I tried some cheap cheap brand ecig and it was horrible. I then tried a blu about 7 months later and my opinion was changed. The menthol flavor isn't bad at all but at 9 bucks a pop here, it's an expensive alternative. None the less it's the best over the counter I've seen or tried.

lannister

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
CT, central
I'm in a toss up between promoting and taking on the FDA or destroying the industry. I've heard both sides of the arguments. I'm glad that my favorite vendor for juice is in China...Dekang. Never ending supply in the event they shutdown the small mom and pop shops.
What is the current state of that anyway? Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of FDA action on that in the near future?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
What is the current state of that anyway? Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of FDA action on that in the near future?
Yes, the FDA intends to propose "deeming" regulations that would bring electronic cigarettes under Chapter IX of the FSPTCA.
And that action is still in the future, but what form it will take is still unknown, although unlikely to be what we want.

Here is a thread for those interested in the various legal intricacies of this issue...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-products-eliminate-many-most-companies.html

And when I say those interested, I would like to suggest that should be EVERY vaper on the planet earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread