Lorillard purchases Blu E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Remember when we just got up and changed the tv channel and didn't have to fuss with 200 cable channels, BlueRay players, DVRs, remotes, etc?

And we just had to pick up a paper or wait for one of the 3 network news shows to see what was going on in the world?

Or a phone call just meant taking the handset off the hook and pushing a few buttons, you didn't need to worry about data plans or bundles or overages and our contact list was in a little black book?

My mom grew up with one rotary wall phone and now she has an iPhone. Most younger people just start with the iPhone now and don't even have a land line.

It's amazing how humans quickly adjust to new technologies and new realities. ;)

I agree that there is a market for blu though. But I see them as new tech like VHS compared to BluRay.
Kristin
Oh ... too funny.
I remember all those things
:p

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Has she ever tried the tobacco lozenges along with the e-cigs? They may be that "something" that she's missing that is keeping her wanting those cigarettes. (Knowing your history with snus, I'm sure you've thought of that - was just wondering about it. I don't think most female smokers are interesting in snus + e-cigs like you and my husband, but it seems to me that women who find "something missing" with e-cigs alone and can't give up that 1 or 2 cigarettes would do well with a tobacco lozenge or strips + e-cigs.)

It might be worth the shot. I just wish they were more readily available.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
What I want is consitnsee I want the same vape every time I relaces a carto right now it is a hit or miss sumtines I get a ton of vapor others nothing when I smoked every cig was like the last I want the same in my vaing

The problem might stem from using cartridges that have a filler. As the liquid level goes down, a harder puff is required to draw the liquid from the bottom of the cartridge (some of which is trapped in the filler material) to the atomizer. There was even a scientific journal article published on this topic. E-cigarettes require harder puffs--study | The Money Times

When I switched to a tank model, I found the vapor production to be very consistent.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Tanks can be nice once they are "broken in" but it's heartbreaking to spend that much and have the atty in it die. I keep ending up back with a drip tip and inexpensive 510 attys. No wasted liquid left in filler, atty never dries out and if one dies you don't have to toss anything but the atty. They need to come up with a tank with replaceable attys!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Tanks can be nice once they are "broken in" but it's heartbreaking to spend that much and have the atty in it die. I keep ending up back with a drip tip and inexpensive 510 attys. No wasted liquid left in filler, atty never dries out and if one dies you don't have to toss anything but the atty. They need to come up with a tank with replaceable attys!
Ye OLE tried and True ... 510 atty
:thumbs:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com

Ok time to clue me in again... What are you talking about,replacing an atty in a tank? I have a homemade 306 atty tank that is unreliable at best. Its a Madvapes DCC tank converted to accept a 306 with a hollow 510 sleeve used to control flow.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com

Have a look around at any of these:
- Vivi Nova that has screw in atomizer coils/wicks
- CartZiLLA 3rd gen with replaceable inner body
- Or the eGo-C style with replaceable atomizer heads

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I am the Atty killer- I can kill one in 5 minutes and then one might last me 2-3 weeks- depends.
I also don't use a tank- don't like carto's...I just stick with Attys and all I use are bottem feeder (Reo mods)... I like EM attys for the LR (1.5ohm) w/ 3.7V Reo's but 2.3 Joye 510 attys for my variable volt Reo Woodvil- I do find they tighten up after awhile- take a 1/32 inch drill bit and drill out one of the air holes in the atty and I'm good to go for awhile again.

I started with a basic 510 mini e-cig...my gums and teeth hurt from trying to suck on it too hard- wasn't getting enough nicotine to satisfy me. Then I went to a Reo- no in between stuff or large investments in different mods- this was a great choice for me. Started at 36mg e-juice and tapered to 18mg (1.8%) now...still go through about 6-7ml of juice a day.

I couldn't imagine being restricted to little e-cig cartridges again.... I know that may be what we will be allowed, but with rebuildable attys becoming more prevalent, I think it's not going to be long before I have them working on my Reo's- the big question is will I be able to continue buying e-juice? I personally am not into sweet "kiddie" flavors (sorry folks), but tobacco flavors so it doesn't bother me personally if they restrict these but most people aren't into tobacco flavors and it would bother me immensely if these were taken away from the choices that other vapors need in order to stay off of analogs.

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Ok time to clue me in again... What are you talking about,replacing an atty in a tank? I have a homemade 306 atty tank that is unreliable at best. Its a Madvapes DCC tank converted to accept a 306 with a hollow 510 sleeve used to control flow.

Honestly, I'm the clueless one here. I've only had one tank (a gift) and when it stopped working I thought the atty (or whatever is in it that heats the liquid) had died and it was therefore useless. Can you replace those? It was a style that was one piece that screwed right to the eGo or VariVolt battery. I suppose there are others that actually attach to a separate atty? Like I said earlier - I have ventured much beyond an eGo with a drip tip on a 510. I also got a 306 atty once (also a gift, lol) with a drip tip and I have to admit I loved the vapor and taste but it leaked a LOT.

I got a very large 510 carto once (could have been a tank, I don't know - it was also a gift) and didn't like it at all. I just can't tolerate dealing with filler anymore. It seems like it holds way too much liquid back and then gums up. When it died it was nearly full and I lost all that liquid!

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Honestly, I'm the clueless one here. I've only had one tank (a gift) and when it stopped working I thought the atty (or whatever is in it that heats the liquid) had died and it was therefore useless. Can you replace those? It was a style that was one piece that screwed right to the eGo or VariVolt battery. I suppose there are others that actually attach to a separate atty? Like I said earlier - I have ventured much beyond an eGo with a drip tip on a 510. I also got a 306 atty once (also a gift, lol) with a drip tip and I have to admit I loved the vapor and taste but it leaked a LOT.

I got a very large 510 carto once (could have been a tank, I don't know - it was also a gift) and didn't like it at all. I just can't tolerate dealing with filler anymore. It seems like it holds way too much liquid back and then gums up. When it died it was nearly full and I lost all that liquid!

Are you talking about the vision line with the stainless top and bottom, like a ce2 type of deal? Just a thin toothpick center post with a white cup on top and two thread/wicks hanging inside.
I also will not do filler either.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Oh, I know a bunch of you all swear by the HH357- I liked them to but never got one to last over a week for me- I just can't afford $20 a week for an atty- at least if I kill one that's $4-$5...No biggie... Another reason rebuildables need to come on full force!!
TD, you have to send them back and they will replace for free. They did for me after like 3 weeks.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
I think this was the cartomizer: Clear Colossal Dual Coil Cartomizers

And I THINK this is what I was calling a tank, but I guess it's really a filler-less cartomizer: Giantomizers

Guess I never really had a tank separate from the atty - do they make them threaded like a 510?

All the ones I mentioned are 510.

ETA: well, technically the last one only works on a raised 510 connection since it's an eGo w/skirt.

Last edited:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
TD, you have to send them back and they will replace for free. They did for me after like 3 weeks.

Right- I tried that- I could send it back after a week and he would charge me $10 to rebuild it- I said "no thanks." If you got him to rebuild it for free for you, then you did better than me. I even cared for mine "to the t" like he said to on his site. Oh, and not to mention I would have to pay for shipping to and from him (besides the $10), so once again, "no thanks." Others have had better luck than me and love these- more power to them!!!

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I think this was the cartomizer: Clear Colossal Dual Coil Cartomizers

And I THINK this is what I was calling a tank, but I guess it's really a filler-less cartomizer: Giantomizers

Guess I never really had a tank separate from the atty - do they make them threaded like a 510?

Yep, no offense to Drew, he knows its not just him all those items, doesn't matter which vendor, are garbage, juice leaking disasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread