Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I honestly do know people who think everything that exists in the entire universe can be found in Wal-Mart and Sears.

(The South of the USA in the movies is exactly the same South of the USA in real life)

That is absolutely ridiculous! Once in a while you have to buy from Best buy, but I knew a fellow that did call going to Walmart, "Going to the Mall". :p :)

(Even worse, I once knew this one guy I went to college with who smoked two packs of Newports a day, and walked to the gas station from his house every, single, day to buy them without ever buying a carton to save money.)
GF had that disease. Said she'd smoke too much if she bought a carton. She's finally been doing pretty good with E Cigs, but is at that point where she just can't give up those couple a day.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
She's finally been doing pretty good with E Cigs, but is at that point where she just can't give up those couple a day.

Has she ever tried the tobacco lozenges along with the e-cigs? They may be that "something" that she's missing that is keeping her wanting those cigarettes. (Knowing your history with snus, I'm sure you've thought of that - was just wondering about it. I don't think most female smokers are interesting in snus + e-cigs like you and my husband, but it seems to me that women who find "something missing" with e-cigs alone and can't give up that 1 or 2 cigarettes would do well with a tobacco lozenge or strips + e-cigs.)

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
We just need to keep the government out of our business as long as possible. From everything I read, nicotine is no more dangerous than caffeine, and there shouldn't be a need to regulate nicotine - certainly not tax it to death. Don't we know that various levels of government are going to start hollering as their taxes decrease from folks who stop smoking? Can't you just see the faces of those bureaucrats as the tax revenue plummets? :ohmy:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Has she ever tried the tobacco lozenges along with the e-cigs? They may be that "something" that she's missing that is keeping her wanting those cigarettes. (Knowing your history with snus, I'm sure you've thought of that - was just wondering about it. I don't think most female smokers are interesting in snus + e-cigs like you and my husband, but it seems to me that women who find "something missing" with e-cigs alone and can't give up that 1 or 2 cigarettes would do well with a tobacco lozenge or strips + e-cigs.)
Many of us find "something" missing with e-cigs and just think it has something to do with nicotine or shrug it off as this or that. Most of us don't "power vape" all day because we enjoy blowing vapor clouds. We don't refer to "drinking a bottle of 24" because its fun ... but out of frustration.

I smoked 2-3 PAD and if I equate that to just time smoking with time vaping ... I probably vape twice as many hours. This is NOT uncommon ... It is common. Something is missing that the body is craving. Many of us don't vape all day long because we're having fun with the toy ... we do so out of frustration.

The answer (as you suggested) might be including other things during the course of the day. I've got a gut feeling that the "juice" of the future will be a little more than just PG/VG, water, flavor, and a little nic ... Not to keep us addicted, but to make the time we vape (less time) more satisfying. "15% there ..." is probably NOT referring to just hardware ... but the combination of hardware AND juice formula.

The juice of the future will probably be a little different (more satisfying). 15% there ... Probably is referring, in part, to the juice formula (if they're smart). And, NO its not BT messing with us. E-cigs of the future probably will have similar names like Lights, Ultra-lights, and whatever...the differences will be more than just different levels of nicotine.

When we smoked ... we all had our preferences
and Lights didn't have 10 times less nicotine than Marlboro Reds

Smokers want an "Alternative" not a new "Hobby"

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I don't know Petrodus. Maybe we vape like we would have been smoking if we could have. There are theories that most smokers don't need a whole cigarette to be satisfied, but only smoke the whole thing because they are only allowed a few smoke breaks that have to tide them over and they don't want to waste an expensive cigarette by only smoking a few puffs off of it and throwing it away. and partially-used cigarettes taste awful. So, I have a theory that the consistent puffs when you need one is probably how most people would smoke of they could. People don't want nicotine all of the time - just when they need it - which is why a lot of people don't like the constant flow of something like the patch. Yet there are smokers who need ingredients in tobacco other than the nicotine, too. Those folks end up chasing higher nicotine liquids, more powerful devices, throat hit, etc. when maybe all they need is some kind of smoke-free tobacco. (My husband was vaping non-stop and up to 35mg until he started the snus. Now he uses 10mg and vapes about the same I do.)

Just a theory, though.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I have to chime in here...I may be a rare example but I enjoyed smoking. The reason I went thru 2+ PAD is because, to me it became second nature to swing a hammer with a smoke hanging out of my mouth. I would have my guys saying to me "dude you just put one out". So now that I have worked my way down to 0 nic with some 6+8 every now and then, I still vape non stop. Much like smoking I enjoy it. Petrodus, I'm not chasing that"something missing" anymore. I was however, when I first switched to vaping. I was literally getting up at least twice a night just to take a few rips of some 24. My family and friends, much like a lot of us, keep asking when I will stop altogether and I dont see myself ever stopping. Even if Im forced to DIY and use my rebuildables exclusively, because of the impending regulation. I actually just bought everything to make a couple box APVs, just because its so inexpensive, and I enjoy tinkering.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I don't know Petrodus. Maybe we vape like we would have been smoking if we could have. There are theories that most smokers don't need a whole cigarette to be satisfied, but only smoke the whole thing because they are only allowed a few smoke breaks that have to tide them over and they don't want to waste an expensive cigarette by only smoking a few puffs off of it and throwing it away. and partially-used cigarettes taste awful. So, I have a theory that the consistent puffs when you need one is probably how most people would smoke of they could. People don't want nicotine all of the time - just when they need it - which is why a lot of people don't like the constant flow of something like the patch. Yet there are smokers who need ingredients in tobacco other than the nicotine, too. Those folks end up chasing higher nicotine liquids, more powerful devices, throat hit, etc. when maybe all they need is some kind of smoke-free tobacco. (My husband was vaping non-stop and up to 35mg until he started the snus. Now he uses 10mg and vapes about the same I do.)

Just a theory, though.
Those folks ... are chasing what their body is craving and choosing from what is available on the market today. Most don't go on the hunt researching to find multiple products to use in combination to lower the number of hours they vape. There's more to the addiction than nicotine...Can't prove all of what I say. Just going by my personal history and all those who I have worked with over the past years. Lots of stories with similar common denominators.

I would guess that Blu is addressing the juice question to satisfy smokers IE Light Regular or Full bodied to include different formulas other that simply different levels of nicotine. Why? To satisfy and keep customers. Its not just moving up to an eGo. There's more to the addiction than is often satisfied with "more power", longer "battery life", and nic above 16mg. The answer today is not just use snu also. The answer is and an effective PV and juice formula.

My best friend AND my brother are working his way down to 0mg. Both have "had it" with the preoccupation of this habit. So basically they decided to quit the habit and re-gain their life. Personally, I think that's great.

We are all the same but some are different. Otherwise we would have all smoked Marlboro Reds.

Per Blu ...e-cigs are only 15% there. I don't think they are just working on battery life issues

I can't even imagine what life would be like without the smoking and or vaping/hobby habit.
However, I'm getting close to joining my friend and brother ... To find out.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Petrodus, I agree 100%, we are all different in that regard. I am 180 Degrees opposite of that mindset. I enjoy the hobby aspect that comes along with it. I don't see it as a burden.
The hobby of e-cigs is more than the habit of smoking.
I'm well over 60 and started smoking when I was 13 yrs old.
Tobacco (in one sense or the other) has been the focus for a lot years.
Vaping is not a "burden" but an accelerated continuation of focus and
a huge "time bandit" ... That is the reason why I said I wonder what
life would be like with out it. IT referring to smoking or vaping.

Some say our choices in vaping will be stolen in the future.
I think the industry and the technology will grow and be different
in the future. The future of smoking is E-cigarettes and they are
here to stay. The mainstream e-cigs IE Blu will evolve and that
evolution will be much more than "get an eG0"

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I have to chime in here...I may be a rare example but I enjoyed smoking. The reason I went thru 2+ PAD is because, to me it became second nature to swing a hammer with a smoke hanging out of my mouth. I would have my guys saying to me "dude you just put one out". So now that I have worked my way down to 0 nic with some 6+8 every now and then, I still vape non stop. Much like smoking I enjoy it. Petrodus, I'm not chasing that"something missing" anymore. I was however, when I first switched to vaping. I was literally getting up at least twice a night just to take a few rips of some 24. My family and friends, much like a lot of us, keep asking when I will stop altogether and I dont see myself ever stopping. Even if Im forced to DIY and use my rebuildables exclusively, because of the impending regulation. I actually just bought everything to make a couple box APVs, just because its so inexpensive, and I enjoy tinkering.

I can remember when I had a cig burning on the bar, another on the pool table, one on the chalk table and another hanging from my mouth... Most just burned away, but without them I could not concentrate on the game... As they became more expensive I had to catch myself to not waste them as much, but still would find two at least burning continuously... Habit, just plain habit...

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I also remember when I had more than 1 cig burning a time ...
I was a chain smoker for over 40 years ... I wasn't puffing on cigarettes
as often as I and others are vaping. 2-3 cigs burning at one time is one
thing ... the other thing is the "constant vaping"

We all know what "I just drank a bottle of 24" means
It doesn't mean ... Yum-Yum

There's more to the addiction than nicotine
Not really interested in trying to prove.

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
I also believe wholeheartedly that there is much more to it than the nicotine.

I truly enjoyed the act of smoking, but I also place myself squarely in the smoked-to-self-medicate camp. When I replaced smoking with vaping, I had to make other arrangements for the "medicated" part. I recently started using WTA liquid, and while I'm not quite ready to make any definite declarations on the experience, I will say that so far it is making an astounding change in my life for the positive. I have no doubt that Snus, had I chosen to go that route, would have done the same.

I don't see myself ever giving up vaping, period.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
When I switched to vaping ...
I wasn't looking for a new hobby ... it came with the package.

I already had a habit ... reach in the shirt pocket and pull out a smoke
and only really needed a lighter and an ashtray. Yea, I know there was
a little more to it ... but smoking was not a science and not complicated.

The reason I mentioned this is because that is what Blu is focused on.
Simple and uncomplicated ... want a smoke? Pull out a Blu and when
done put it back in the recharging pack. Simple, easy and uncomplicated.
No need for bottles and a cabinet full of supplies.

There always will be the hobby market but that really isn't Blu's concern.
They will develop quality products to reduce numbers from migrating.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I didn't want to quit smoking - I enjoyed it - and vaping is not a hobby for me. I slowly upgrade as better devices become proven or widely accepted. I've been vaping for nearly 3 years and this is my evolution:
- Mass-market, cigarette look-a-like w/12mg tobacco pre-filled cartridges (a week or two)
- Joye 510, PTB filler carts, 10mg peach or mocha/coffee flavors (1.5 years)
- eGo with 510 atty, PTB filler carts, 10mg peach or mocha/coffee flavors (a couple months then switched to drip tip)
- eGo/eGo Varivolt with 510 atty, drip tip, 10mg mocha/coffee flavors (past 1.5 years)

That's it.

Other than trying out a few flavors when I first found refills, I've pretty much looked for what worked. I don't try every hot new flavor nor do I have a collection of mods. The only reason I change battery styles these days is if it fits my 510 atty, fit in my carrying case and has longer life between charges. My husband pretty much just goes along with whatever I buy. (OK, I admit - I do have an e-cig hobby but it's activism, which is more like a job, lol! Although, I was active a couple of years ago with developing a better filler system. Gave that up for a drip tip, lol.) I'd probably still be using a basic eGo and never tried the VariVolt if Drew from Nhaler wasn't a friend and on the board of CASAA with me - he's my only source of knowing about new things and he sometimes sends me stuff to try. If I wasn't involved in CASAA, I probably wouldn't be in any forums or social groups, either.

We struggled a lot more finding something to work for my husband, when we finally realized that no e-cigarette was exactly what he needed and what he needed was snus.

So, e-cigs aren't a complicated, time-consuming hobby for every advanced (not using mass-market pre-filled) vaper.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
When I would go to the lake for the weekend (when I was smoking)
I would stop on the way and buy a carton.
That's it ... No more to the story

Kinda sorta reminds me of Blu commercial

Remember when we just got up and changed the tv channel and didn't have to fuss with 200 cable channels, BlueRay players, DVRs, remotes, etc?

And we just had to pick up a paper or wait for one of the 3 network news shows to see what was going on in the world?

Or a phone call just meant taking the handset off the hook and pushing a few buttons, you didn't need to worry about data plans or bundles or overages and our contact list was in a little black book?

My mom grew up with one rotary wall phone and now she has an iPhone. Most younger people just start with the iPhone now and don't even have a land line.

It's amazing how humans quickly adjust to new technologies and new realities. ;)

I agree that there is a market for blu though. But I see them as new tech like VHS compared to BluRay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread