Lost Vape Drone Squonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Yeah, I think US shipping was $6-7. For a few o-rings, just throw them in an envelope and put a stamp on it, right?

I guess it's hard for them to probably figure out realistic shipping like this for small orders. I ended up ordering 30 of them since the shipping was the same for 4 or 30 o-rings, lol. Figured I would lose or damage a few of them possibly trying to get them in place.

Good thing though, I got a shipping notification and a tracking # by yesterday afternoon, just a few hours after ordering. So seems like these guys are on the ball at least. I probably won't get a chance to try them for a bit since I'm doing some work travel starting this weekend, but I'll make sure to get the Drone out and fire it up when I get back.

Honestly, I lost interest in it when I saw the 510 and heard of some folks having internal leaking. Mine has been in the box since the day I got it. I verified it fired an atty and packed it away. Actually excited to get it out and give it a try now that this will hopefully resolve the leaking. Mine is the all black one, so I'll have to keep a close eye on the upper battery area or take the top off after a few days to check for leaking.

This 'fix' has at least gotten me interested in the mod again. I've still been using my Pulse as my primary device (same one for over a year). I'll give the Drone a shot at home, but will probably keep carrying the Pulse out of the house since it's so darn durable.

Thanks for all the help with this folks.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    And that's supposed to be cheap?o_O
    Right. I usually check shipping out for any vendor before getting excited. Saves me time anyhow, as I'd be measuring up most atty's and RDAs for spares. On the clone RDA front, I find SXK has notoriously poor orings
    For a few o-rings, just throw them in an envelope and put a stamp on it, right?
    Seriously. Or have the regular USPS cheapest ground option available. That usually gets to my door in 7 days from the U.S. I'm in no rush and don't need a tracking number.
    So far, I've just been going through all the Manufacturing settings LV now fails to do on it, as it came with all Evolv defaults. :(

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @score69, first sign of leaking for me was a wet hand. Then looked closely to then see liquid seeping out from under the battery door, investigated further and after removing batteries and wiping them down and the inside of the battery compartment. Then I noticed that liquid was seeping round the battery contact near the front of the mod.

So it was one of those things that you didn't find out about until it was too late.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I think this is the equivalent from the one vendor @puffon mentioned:

1.5mm X 2.5mm V75 FKM (Viton, Fluorocarbon) 75 Duro O-Rings (JIS S3-V75) [V1.50X002.5] : The O-Ring Store, We make getting O-Rings easy!

Kind of stinks to have to pay all that shipping for a few silly o-rings, but will be worth it if they work.

Might as well order a handful of them since the shipping won't change. Hopefully what I linked above is correct, I'll go ahead and order. Maybe they'll be here by the time I get back from my work travels.
    Thanks for the link!
    Anyone get these yet? Are they the right ones?

My drone leaks too. But so far no other problems with it.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @DeloresRose, I'm the individual to blame for working out the finer points of the o ring needed. @Black wings is to blame for the initial idea.

With an o ring like you have quoted, I've been running my Drone for weeks without any leaks inside the mod whatsoever.

They're a little tricky to get over the centre pin in the 510 connector though as it's a tight fit, so you're best using a well lit table to install it. Don't need the mod to go flying on the floor.

• Winner
    Reactions: DeloresRose

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2015
    They use PC manufactured by SABIC... they tested for HEAT not for corrosion from liquid on the case since ultem obs FAILED. They know about this and THIS is the reason I went with the VTX200 from vapecige, I got told this by lost vape and had been warning other vapers in Facebook, heck even told Todd that it’s made out of PC in his fb group... I thought I Had given everyone a heads up cuz we all know what acidic juice does to polycarbonate... I AM SORRY I FORGOT TO POST IT HERE.

• Informative
    Reactions: bombastinator
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread