Lost Vape Drone Squonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxray999

Apr 11, 2019
That sucks! But hoses are dirt cheap and something you will need to have on hand if you squonk anyway. For me, this would be a piece of cake to fix.

I did fix it already.

You don't have the door snapped in correctly. I can put my doors on wrong and they will look just like that too.

Fix it correctly, squonk then it is out of alignment again.......it SUCKS bottomline

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Well, i've had mine for over a week now and it's been functioning flawlessly...ok i've got the door issue but that's more a function of the 'big thumb' and the squonk access hole. I't a little bit small...it's a non issue for me.

The dna chip is vaping like a dream and he squonk action is perfect imo...delivers just the right amount of liquid and it's difficult to over squonk....

Mine's still like new by the way...no scratches but i do use a delrin deck cup before screwing the atty on....can't expect no scratches on any mod whilst undoing atties in my opiniom.

Absolutely love this mod :) Highly recommend the Drone :D
20190407_170648.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
for a an almost 200$ Mod, I should buy a 4$ part to protect it? that's like giving band-aid to an open wound in your arm.
I've seen $800 Ultem mods! Same deal! It's expensive plastic. What do you want from expensive plastic? Seriously?

And that is what mod guards are for. They're for people who freak out that the top of their mods are getting scratched.

Ultem BAM 2019-01-21.png

Last edited:

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
Please if you know Rob, can you please ask him to attend to my complains for parts, I am not having this yellow liner, I need a hose replacement (mine is already short) due to I needed to cut the original one with HOLES, and I need to find an extra door because If Lost Vape will not replace it for me or they dont have a solution for it, I need an extra door which I will reinforce with. View attachment 808547 View attachment 808549
I will send him this link now bud.

Reactions: Skeebo

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
I will send him this link now bud.
for a an almost 200$ Mod, I should buy a 4$ part to protect it? that's like giving band-aid to an open wound in your arm.
Rob got straight back bud.
He said obviously contacting lost vape HQ will be the fastest but if you want him to deal with it for you, he's more than happy to.
He can't find any e-mails from you, so by all means drop him an e-mail detailing your issues and let him know it's cxray 999 from ecf as I've let him know your wanting to get hold of him.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Has anyone got the email address for lost vape support, I've got another leaking drone 250c here.

Not impressed, used less than 2 refills before noticing liquid in the gap at the bottom of the battery door.

Investigated further to find liquid had seeped into the battery compartment around the battery contact near the front of the mod under the 510 and was pretty much everywhere.

20190423_011656.jpg

You could probably expect this kind of issue from something cheap, but definitely not a drone at this price point.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
This is not a comment on the lost vape drone as I've not been a fan of the newer lost vape stuff as I said before but one thing that has been the root of many a leak on the squonk mods I've used or tested over the years is the 510 and different rda's.
Not all rda 510 pins are created equal. In fact they vary hugely in length. This often means the conection is being made with little spring compression in the 510 connection between mod and rda, this is when the risk of liquid seeping through the connection is greatest. I mean it's flat metal against flat metal with a fairly weak spring attempting to make a seal.
I've found these indispensable for ensuring a tight join when using a short pinned rda.
$0.77 Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarettes (10-Pack) 12-pack - 4*1.8*1mm (OD*ID*T) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
They just sit behind the head of the 510 bf pin before you fit it into your rda and insure a firm seal (well the best it can be... It's never perfect).

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Not impressed, used less than 2 refills before noticing liquid in the gap at the bottom of the battery door.

Sorry you're having this trouble....mine seems to work perfectly no problem at all. I did think that perhaps the inner tube diameter was maybe too big and should have been a tighter fit but no problems as yet...

Maybe I should open the 510 end and see what's going on in there :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
From what I've been learning, the drone should have an offset elbow type connection between the squonk bottle port and the 510. This would help to prevent leaks and occupy less space.

As it seems the tubing solution inside the mod either gets punctured or leaks because it's not making a good seal, so issue is really fixable and LV have no real excuse for not fixing it.

And besides, I thought that the 510 was supposed to be sealed at least on the bottom.

And as you've seen @charlie1465, keep a close watch on that front battery contact. As that's where it seeped on me.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
From what I've been learning, the drone should have an offset elbow type connection between the squonk bottle port and the 510. This would help to prevent leaks and occupy less space.

As it seems the tubing solution inside the mod either gets punctured or leaks because it's not making a good seal, so issue is really fixable and LV have no real excuse for not fixing it.

And besides, I thought that the 510 was supposed to be sealed at least on the bottom.

And as you've seen @charlie1465, keep a close watch on that front battery contact. As that's where it seeped on me.
Many are sealed but the liquid pools on top of the mod, under the rda so you've no idea. It then seeps down the outside of the 510 plate and inside.
The drone does look like it should have been better thought out though.
As soon as I see a design that has any angle in the tubing I invariably believe all will not end well.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK

It does look an efficient seal but the 90° angle is unusual.
May be worth watching this.

Seems this fella had some metal spurs restricting flow in that angle.
Looks a ball ache though.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014

Yes I will....i did see somewhere that the elbow could become kinked rather than a smooth curve therefore causing problems...

Mine is a bit harder to squonk than my other squonkers but I put that down to inner diameters being smaller...maybe i'd better have a look in the space under the 510 ?

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
@Black wings, at about 7 minutes into that video you've linked. You can see that the tubing isn't fully on the connector under the 510.
Spot on. Obviously a weak point as is the 510 itself if people are finding it blocked or partially blocked. This could cause a fail anywhere in the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread