Lost Vape Mirage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
I grabbed all the dna 60 lost vapes before they disappeared. I've a couple of corals, an epetite and esquare as I really liked the clean aesthetic lines and the dna 60 board is so efficient.
Kicking myself I didn't grab a halcyon squonker but couldn't justify it to myself having two dna 75 inbox's.
I hear we're going to see a whole new design range based around the two new boards.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I just started up the Red Blaze Mirage I bought at Poppies about a month ago. It has DJLs Evolv DNA75C theme loaded on it. The Purple Blaze that I recently bought has the regular default theme which I prefer. The Blue Blaze that I bought awhile ago from another vendor has the default theme loaded as well.

What did others have loaded on their Mirages?

At some point I’ll have to boot up my laptop and change it back. It doesn’t even have Replay enabled. DJLs theme is too busy for me and it’s REALLY difficult to see which value is highlighted especially outside. I have no problem seeing the screen options with the default theme setup.

I don’t know why but I’m a bit annoyed about it lol! I guess it must be a lack of other things to be irked by today :lol: !

That must mean - Life Is Good :)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
At one time, I had ~20 mods with attys out, but have brought that down to 9 currently. When you think about it, it really can't go down much further for chain vapers - since we need to change flavors VERY often to reduce vapers tongue.. Or at least I need to. (And even then, I often only seem to get the new flavor for a few pulls.) And I sure as hell aint gonna be screwin' and unscrewin' HOT attys all the time. :)

Exactly my feelings- no touching hot atties! So MULTIPLE mods are a necessity!!!

I did my weekly change over of mods today and reduced the number out by one ha ha!!

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I just started up the Red Blaze Mirage I bought at Poppies about a month ago. It has DJLs Evolv DNA75C theme loaded on it. The Purple Blaze that I recently bought has the regular default theme which I prefer. The Blue Blaze that I bought awhile ago from another vendor has the default theme loaded as well.

At some point I’ll have to boot up my laptop and change it back. It doesn’t even have Replay enabled. DJLs theme is too busy for me and it’s REALLY difficult to see which value is highlighted especially outside. I have no problem seeing the screen options with the default theme setup.

I don’t know why but I’m a bit annoyed about it lol! I guess it must be a lack of other things to be irked by today :lol: !

My Mirage came with the evolv simple to use theme with replay. I was told if you don't have replay to download the international version. There's a link on the Evolv forum. I had to do that with my Paranormal. I also saved my Mirage profile on the PC. Plugged in my Paranormal and uploaded my saved theme for the Mirage. Worked fine after and I had replay. I'm thinking you can just save your replay mirage theme and then upload it to the mod which doesn't have replay. In any event you can have replay on all of your Mirage mods.

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
My Mirage came with the evolv simple to use theme with replay. I was told if you don't have replay to download the international version. There's a link on the Evolv forum. I had to do that with my Paranormal. I also saved my Mirage profile on the PC. Plugged in my Paranormal and uploaded my saved theme for the Mirage. Worked fine after and I had replay. I'm thinking you can just save your replay mirage theme and then upload it to the mod which doesn't have replay. In any event you can have replay on all of your Mirage mods.

Thanks! I’m well versed in Escribe with all my other DNA devices. I was just surprised and it’s a pita to get out the laptop etc...I’ve got 2 other DNA mods that I can update while I’m at it so I’ll just do all 3 while I’m at it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah I just got mine out of accidental stealth mode. That is a relief. I have no idea what is "loaded" on there but I'm fairly sure I am going to be downloading something else.

But NOT NOW. Just emptied a house.

For my next move seriously, I wonder if we could just set the thing on fire? Probably not, given the husband gave us one house fire already.

Tired.
Anna

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK

Lol. The first batch of mirages where released prior to the replay features release. The first mod to have the replay on-board was the paranormal. It wasn't available for the 75c board for a while. I had to update both my mirage and therion bf when the updated firmware was released.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I see Element vape in the US has the Mirage, in various colours, in stock now.

Does anyone knows of any EU dealer with the Mirage in stock now?

Thanks

I did lots of looking and it seems right now that only Element Vape is the only dealer selling them.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Just ordered the Mirage last night in a moment of weakness. I've been wanting a DNA 75C mod for a while now and after @Pinggolfer posted the link that Element Vape still had some in stock I lost all resolve against another mod purchase.

Actually, I showed an amazing amount of control and restraint and the mod sat in my shopping cart for at least 3 minutes while I pondered how necessary this purchase was before I hit the buy button.

Seriously though, this mod is the right size, with the right size battery (21700), nice looking, DNA 75C, and due to the high number of positive opinions in this thread I think I'm going to be happy with it. At the least I'm really looking forward to getting it and appreciate all the folks here that took the time to chime in and give their opinions. It really helps when a large number of opinions match with good reviews. So I blame all of you... and couldn't be happier.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Actually, I showed an amazing amount of control and restraint and the mod sat in my shopping cart for at least 3 minutes while I pondered how necessary this purchase was before I hit the buy button.

You did well waiting 3 minutes. I usually go back and forth to the site then place in cart and checkout as fast as I can. It's a great mod and you'll love it. Congratulations.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Just to admit to the group..
I had a slip today. I saw a lost vape epetite DNA 60 on eBay.
Yes, yes I bought it. At £32 I couldn't not give it a home.

Sadly, there are many more neglected mods out there that don't get fresh batteries and a warm dresser to sleep on. I won't mention any names, but we have a person on the forum that dismembers his mods he doesn't use anymore. I can't imagine looking in a box at a bunch of 510's looking back at me.

This stuff needs to stop, fo realz.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Well this is frustrating. Just received my Element Vape order and everything was in the package except the Mirage. But the Mirage was listed on the invoice as included. To make matters worse, they have no phone contact #... just email.

So emailed them and they want a picture of the included shipping invoice (which they should already have since they created it), an affidavit filled out hand signed and take a picture to send, and get this... a picture of everything received in the package. Seriously... a picture that shows the Mirage is missing? That's just ridiculous.

So I'll see what happens, but after some research this doesn't seem to be uncommon with them and there are more than a few complaints with missing/wrong items since the beginning of the year. Not confidence inspiring. I'm kind of expecting for them to say "Sorry, but we are out of stock for that item but will give store credit" as I have read other customer complaints and that was the response they got.

We'll see how this plays out, but I think I'll avoid them in the future. I do understand mistakes, but the process they have for remediation is onerous for the customer and to have no phone# is a serious customer relation mistake. It would have been so easy to just call them and tell them there was a mistake and they could look into it and give me a call back.

But not a big deal really, I can get my bank to reverse charges easily enough if it comes to that.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Well this is frustrating. Just received my Element Vape order and everything was in the package except the Mirage. But the Mirage was listed on the invoice as included. To make matters worse, they have no phone contact #... just email.

So emailed them and they want a picture of the included shipping invoice (which they should already have since they created it), an affidavit filled out hand signed and take a picture to send, and get this... a picture of everything received in the package. Seriously... a picture that shows the Mirage is missing? That's just ridiculous.

So I'll see what happens, but after some research this doesn't seem to be uncommon with them and there are more than a few complaints with missing/wrong items since the beginning of the year. Not confidence inspiring. I'm kind of expecting for them to say "Sorry, but we are out of stock for that item but will give store credit" as I have read other customer complaints and that was the response they got.

We'll see how this plays out, but I think I'll avoid them in the future. I do understand mistakes, but the process they have for remediation is onerous for the customer and to have no phone# is a serious customer relation mistake. It would have been so easy to just call them and tell them there was a mistake and they could look into it and give me a call back.

But not a big deal really, I can get my bank to reverse charges easily enough if it comes to that.
I ordered the Mirage from them and it arrived in a few days. Was the box in the package? The Mirage isn't heavy but they should have noticed a light box. I wouldn't wait long before disputing the charge. I use Amex most of the time when I order online and if I have an issue AMEX is fast reversing the charge. Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I ordered the Mirage from them and it arrived in a few days. Was the box in the package? The Mirage isn't heavy but they should have noticed a light box. I wouldn't wait long before disputing the charge. I use Amex most of the time when I order online and if I have an issue AMEX is fast reversing the charge. Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

No... no box for the mod. But everything else I ordered was there and in good condition. The mod was just missing. Even the shipping packaging was pristine. Of course, I live about an hour from Element Vape as near as I can guess since they try hard to obscure their location... not a confidence builder either.

Like I said, I understand people make mistakes. I just think the process is way too time consuming to resolve and involves idiotic steps that do nothing to prove or solve the issue. Just stupidity. I'm sure they avoid having to service legitimate claims because of the ridiculous steps involved because many would just take the loss rather than have to jump through hoops within the 5 days they allot for having to have all this information provided to them. After 5 days they don't have to honor any claims according to their terms.

Wouldn't it have been easier for them to do an inventory check and verify if they have one more Mirage than they should have if they didn't shipped mine? That would have taken a couple minutes tops and provided excellent customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread