Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
+1 to this, and to add just a little more info without getting too technical, it basically records what is happening each time you fire it including the coil temp (which is part of the reason why SS coils are used). Each time you fire, it overwrites the previous UNTIL you hit replay. Then it uses that data to recreate each future "puff" until you either intentionally change it, remove the pod, etc..

Just because what gets exposed to the user is pretty straightforward, don't let that lead you to believe the board itself isn't plenty capable and doing the dirty work behind the scenes..

Here's how I think of it newyork13. You adjust wattage like you always did before. Nothing different yet. But while you play with the wattage you get that one hit which was just perfect. Well mods that only has wattage, it won't be the same hit for every hit afterwards. But with Replay, you tell it to Replay that perfect last hit. And Replay remembers what exactly happened before and says I could do that again and again. So it mainly recreates the same hot coil resistance in time as that one you liked before. And it doesn't even care about cold resistance, since it isn't even factored in.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Can't discuss that here but if my guess about what you are saying is correct, no you can't vape oils and extracts in regular nicotine PG/VG vapes because you need a different type of coil, one that can handle oils and extracts, and you need a different type of vape store and also, probably (to find out exactly what type of setup you need) a different kind of forum than here.

Anna

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Got mine today, to be honest was not that impressed until I dl'ed the software and made some changes. HUGE difference with the 0.25 pod. It's built very well and works great now!!!!
well crap. reading somewhere that the .5Ω was the flavor coil, that's all I have coming with it.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
One thing that I never heard anybody mention is that it has a 5 second timeout. Maybe that can be changed in a later firmware update. But I could live with it. This is definitely the best pod I ever have used to date. :)
I found out how to change this. Change the user interface to manufacture in EScribe and you can set the time out up to 16 seconds. I tried it and the pod gets unbelievably hot. So I changed it back to 5 seconds. :lol:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
well crap. reading somewhere that the .5Ω was the flavor coil, that's all I have coming with it.
I heard the same. Well I bought twelve 0.5Ω pods and ten 0.25Ω. I run the 0.5Ω at 8 watts and the 0.25Ω at 11 watts. And the 0.5Ω does gives you longer battery life (maybe like 20% more). You definitely get more vapor with the 0.25Ω. Flavorwise, its hard to say. I think it might depend on the juice.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well yesterday I had my first pod burnout, within 24 hours and 4 refills. Before everyone gets all excited and starts blaming the Orion pods, I don't think so. I filled it with Grimm Creations Latte 12mg. And I had this same juice burn cotton in my DNA75C/RDA before at 420°F. It doesn't happen a lot, but has. I think it is the juice's fault. I think it lowers the burn temperature of cotton to be honest.

Yesterday I got a burnt hit from it driving home from town. I tried it today and I taste no burnt taste (not unusual if you let it sit). But vapor was very weak and cool. Boosted the power and no change in vape whatsoever. So I think most of the cotton through the coil must be gone. Well I have one to rebuild now. :)

I have another pod here with also 4 refills and it shows no sign of quitting yet. :)

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Can you confirm if the pods can be recoiled and rewicked?
Not yet. I've been trying to get the bottom plate out and not having a lot of luck without breaking anything. I might have to break this one to figure out the best way to get future ones apart without harming them.

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
Totally! First fill kind of ok, second is better. Third and later superb and you can't stop vaping it. :)

Same experience here. For some reason it seems like the pods have a longer break-in time than others that I've used, but on the third refill the flavor is almost perfect!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
So, my Orion arrived today.
My thoughts after an hour:
Wow is this guy small. It's about the same height as my Breeze 2, just a mm taller. Thinner, but slightly wider, again about a mm. But, it looks and feels so much smaller. Optical illusion maybe due to the thinness.
Classy and sleek. I mean it's really elegant! I got a silver carbon fiber. The carbon fiber feels nice and has a marvelous 3d appearance (in the lamp lit room at the moment.)
Vapor production is fine.
Flavor? Just fine, but I put some unflavored juice in, so it's as unflavored good as any other. LOL.
Coils? I'm a little annoyed that wherever I looked (and maybe I didn't look far enough) the .25 was referred to as a "vapor" coil and the .5 as a "flavor" coil. I like both, but given the choice I'd go with flavor.
BUT the manual says the .5 was meant for salts and the .25 for traditional. It really would have been nice for vendors to be aware of and say this, as I now have two packs of .5. That said, I'm happy with the .5, just wondering how much happier I'd be with the other.
Last, I charged it up and when the light dimmed and when I did the double click it showed as green, meaning not fully charged but close. Not sure what's going on there. It should, according to the manual, have shown as white.
I get the cost diff between Orion and Breezes etc. But, wow, what a pleasure to hold and look at. If it holds up it's worth every penny IMHO. And, it just feels like quality. I have no complaints with my Breeze 2 at all. I like it alot. But, Orion just feels like my Provari's, just smaller. Hope it holds up as well and a blue trimmed carbon fiber is on my shopping list.
And I haven't even started playing with boost, replay etc.
As an edit, I'm not crazy about the airflow control. It's hard to get at. But, not a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread