Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I think an orion might be going on my Black Friday list. I am pretty happy with my Aspire Sprite and innokin eq and my Justfog Minifit, but I can see from all the posts here that the orion is a big step above those three pod systems. I agree it looks classy. Have my eye on the Silver Ocean Scallop.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
So, my Orion arrived today.
Congrats! :)

Flavor? Just fine, but I put some unflavored juice in, so it's as unflavored good as any other. LOL.
It gets even better with refills. :)

Coils? I'm a little annoyed that wherever I looked (and maybe I didn't look far enough) the .25 was referred to as a "vapor" coil and the .5 as a "flavor" coil. I like both, but given the choice I'd go with flavor.
BUT the manual says the .5 was meant for salts and the .25 for traditional. It really would have been nice for vendors to be aware of and say this, as I now have two packs of .5. That said, I'm happy with the .5, just wondering how much happier I'd be with the other.
Yeah, I don't know how much stock I would go with the differences between 0.5Ω and 0.25Ω. They are really close in flavor that most of the time you probably couldn't tell the difference.

And I use both freebase and nic salt. I still don't think most would notice the difference there either. But it would make sense to use nic salt with 0.5Ω.

Last, I charged it up and when the light dimmed and when I did the double click it showed as green, meaning not fully charged but close. Not sure what's going on there. It should, according to the manual, have shown as white.
Well fully charged is really blue. And you know it is done charging when instead of it fading in and out, it stays on steady. And don't worry about that blue light either. As that is blue only for the top 5% and that 5% disappears very quickly.

I get the cost diff between Orion and Breezes etc. But, wow, what a pleasure to hold and look at. If it holds up it's worth every penny IMHO. And, it just feels like quality. I have no complaints with my Breeze 2 at all. I like it alot. But, Orion just feels like my Provari's, just smaller. Hope it holds up as well and a blue trimmed carbon fiber is on my shopping list.
You like that Breeze 2 air control? Remove the pod and the coil and then adjust?

And I haven't even started playing with boost, replay etc.
As an edit, I'm not crazy about the airflow control. It's hard to get at. But, not a deal breaker for me.
Boost is on by default. But you definitely can adjust it more or turn it off if you like. And Replay is the icing on the cake. :)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Took my Orion out for a drive today.
He enjoyed it, as did I.
My opinion hasn't changed.
Small, elegant, sleek and vapor/flavor as good as any pod I've tried.
I'm going to have to try it with my NETs to really understand how good the flavor is.
Not to forget it's refillable, easily.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Also worth mentioning, not a single drop of leaking or condensation anywhere. Mine's been dry as a bone.

Took my Orion out for a drive today.
He enjoyed it, as did I.
My opinion hasn't changed.
Small, elegant, sleek and vapor/flavor as good as any pod I've tried.
I'm going to have to try it with my NETs to really understand how good the flavor is.
Not to forget it's refillable, easily.

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
Also worth mentioning, not a single drop of leaking or condensation anywhere. Mine's been dry as a bone.

It's interesting that you say that...I'm having exactly the opposite experience with my first pod. I'm getting quite a bit of condensation or leaking right at the "bend" where the coil locks into place. I've been trying to figure out where it's coming from but I can't narrow it down to condensation or a small leak somewhere around the seam of the pod. Still vaping great but I don't want to ruin my mod within the first week.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
That is very interesting DrDC. As I know of someone who had one now for months, said the same thing. I don't know how many pods they got, but I should ask. But others I know also had theirs for months never mentioned anything about leaks. Anyway I have used 5 pods so far and not a single one had any signs of any wetness anywhere.

So where is it exactly leaking? The end by the contacts or the other end? The other end does have a seam around the bend.

Reactions: stols001

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well drysprocket, the cheapest place I know of is eciggity. Oops, I just checked. I bought 22 pods there for $6.99 per two plus their standard TENOFF coupon and then they were $6.30 per two pack (or $3.15 each). But I see now their price is $8.99 per 2 pack. That is now $4.05 each with discount. :(

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
That is very interesting DrDC. As I know of someone who had one now for months, said the same thing. I don't know how many pods they got, but I should ask. But others I know also had theirs for months never mentioned anything about leaks. Anyway I have used 5 pods so far and not a single one had any signs of any wetness anywhere.

So where is it exactly leaking? The end by the contacts or the other end? The other end does have a seam around the bend.

After taking out the pod and letting it sit overnight, I checked on it this morning and there's liquid seeping through several spots on the seam of the pod. Disappointing, but I'm going to give another pod a shot to see if it's going to be a recurring problem or just bad luck.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
After taking out the pod and letting it sit overnight, I checked on it this morning and there's liquid seeping through several spots on the seam of the pod. Disappointing, but I'm going to give another pod a shot to see if it's going to be a recurring problem or just bad luck.
You probably have a defective batch on your hand. I would email support.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
You know, the whole thing that bothers me about this is that in the past, I've seen Lost Vape products have sketchy availability after initial release. I'm hoping now since it's a pod system where regular 'consumables' are needed, this won't be a problem.

The only way I'll get one is if I stock up on pods at the same time. For me to make that kind of investment on a device and pods, I will wait a while for reviews.

This looks really positive at this point though. Glad to hear you folks are enjoying it. :)

I'm going to stick with my Minifit for the time being. I've been using it and my Simple EX a lot lately. Going to switch back over to DTL vaping soon anyways. I'm using almost triple the amount of nic vaping the Minifit and Simple EX as compared to when I DTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread