Lost Vape Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Has anyone here managed to track down a U.S. based company that is selling side panels for the orion? I would prefer a company that isn't doing business through Facebook if at all possible. I just got in my second orion yesterday, and I really don't think I like the ocean scallop side panels. I was hoping the colors would be darker, but I got one with a lot of light pink and teal. Not really my thing. Probably should have just gone with silver/carbon fiber but couldn't find any when I ordered.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Has anyone here managed to track down a U.S. based company that is selling side panels for the Orion? I would prefer a company that isn't doing business through Facebook if at all possible. I just got in my second Orion yesterday, and I really don't think I like the ocean scallop side panels. I was hoping the colors would be darker, but I got one with a lot of light pink and teal. Not really my thing. Probably should have just gone with silver/carbon fiber but couldn't find any when I ordered.
@dom qp found it in Canada. Here is Dom’s post:
Got TRVPed again. Albert got some stabwood doors made for the Orion. I managed to snag doors #7 (I don't own any red stab apparently) and he sold me a DNA Go for $40 CAD (30 USD?).

Grabbed 4 extra pods and some nic salts and it looks like i'm going to be trying pod vaping.

20190217-190353_1024x1024-jpg.798943

There's a mistake in the numbering... getting these:
unknown-png.798945

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
@dom qp found it in Canada. Here is Dom’s post:
Got TRVPed again. Albert got some stabwood doors made for the Orion. I managed to snag doors #7 (I don't own any red stab apparently) and he sold me a DNA Go for $40 CAD (30 USD?).

Grabbed 4 extra pods and some nic salts and it looks like i'm going to be trying pod vaping.

20190217-190353_1024x1024-jpg.798943

There's a mistake in the numbering... getting these:
unknown-png.798945

@EverythingEvil

*PREORDER* TRVP xx CCV STABWOOD PANELS REPLACEMENT FOR ORION MOD

This is in CAD prices so it's significantly cheaper than what you would expect. Shipping is affordable, and don't worry about buying from Canada.

Oddly enough, one of the biggest high end mod sellers in the World is in Toronto, Canada and most of his business is actually over seas. If you want to browse, the site for that one is Vapes by Enushi vapour boutique is a Greater Toronto Area vape store that offers electronic cigarettes, e-cigs, e-liquid, hardware, as a harm reduction alternative to smoking traditional tobacco cigarettes

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Has anyone here managed to track down a U.S. based company that is selling side panels for the Orion? I would prefer a company that isn't doing business through Facebook if at all possible. I just got in my second Orion yesterday, and I really don't think I like the ocean scallop side panels. I was hoping the colors would be darker, but I got one with a lot of light pink and teal. Not really my thing. Probably should have just gone with silver/carbon fiber but couldn't find any when I ordered.

HitThatJuice has side panels and drip tips. The side panels were SS with black pictures on them. I was going to get a drip tip but couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a pod. For my Kayfun sure, but not the Orion.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I’m late to the game but just ordered my first one Friday and hope it arrives soon. I just got two of the .5 pods to start and see if I like it.

You must have been in the same mindset as I was when I first ordered my Orion (with DNAgo)...

But as it turns out, the 0.25ohm pods are far better.

That’s just ME though...everyone has different tastes!

Fingers crossed for ya!

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
You must have been in the same mindset as I was when I first ordered my Orion (with DNAgo)...

But as it turns out, the 0.25ohm pods are far better.

That’s just ME though...everyone has different tastes!

Fingers crossed for ya!
I got a pack of each to try. Then yesterday eBay had a $5 coupon so I ordered another pack of .25 ohm the .50 ohm was out of stock. So the universe picked for me.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I should have read this thread before I ordered the .5 ones.

You might like them! Just give it a try and find out!

I got a pack of each to try. Then yesterday eBay had a $5 coupon so I ordered another pack of .25 ohm the .50 ohm was out of stock. So the universe picked for me.

That’s a good deal!!!!

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Wow you installed the stabwood already. Beautiful!

Took 5 minutes, if that.

Unscrewed bottom plate

Pried up panels with a knife

Cleaned glue residue with included alcohol wipe

Took backing off panels and applied

Screwed in bottom plate

I hit it with a hairblower afterwards to be safe.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Took 5 minutes, if that.

Unscrewed bottom plate

Pried up panels with a knife

Cleaned glue residue with included alcohol wipe

Took backing off panels and applied

Screwed in bottom plate

I hit it with a hairblower afterwards to be safe.
How are you liking the vape? Which pod did you decide to try 1st?

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
How are you liking the vape? Which pod did you decide to try 1st?

Using the 0.25, I changed the settings in escribe to 0 boost 1 warmth as recommended on reddit.

What i'm having a hard time with is the PG. Vendor was nice enough to throw in 8 extra 30ml bottles of high nicotine high PG juice. I haven't vaped lower than 70:30 since my MVP/Ego days. Not used to having that throat hit and it makes me cough.

Flavour isn't as good as expected. When I think about it though, i'm comparing it to fully saturated squonk triple core claptons and dripping well over 100W on dual coil RDAs. It's not a far comparison and for what it is it's good.

Loving the form factor and how fast it charges. Struggling with recognizing what all the coloured lights mean.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Using the 0.25, I changed the settings in escribe to 0 boost 1 warmth as recommended on reddit.

What i'm having a hard time with is the PG. Vendor was nice enough to throw in 8 extra 30ml bottles of high nicotine high PG juice. I haven't vaped lower than 70:30 since my MVP/Ego days. Not used to having that throat hit and it makes me cough.

Flavour isn't as good as expected. When I think about it though, i'm comparing it to fully saturated squonk triple core claptons and dripping well over 100W on dual coil RDAs. It's not a far comparison and for what it is it's good.

Loving the form factor and how fast it charges. Struggling with recognizing what all the coloured lights mean.
I just got mine yesterday & after vaping it for a little bit it sat overnight & the flavor was much better this morning. My friend told me the pod needs to break in. I’m using the .50 pod 1st.

I’m using my usual 70vg/30pg but upped the nic to 6mg. The lights are pretty easy. White=low power, blue=medium, red=high. Green is Replay. Click fire button twice for battery status. I haven’t played with scribe yet.

Reactions: HBcorpse

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I love this little guy, but it frustrates me. Took a pic of my settings on escribe....(0.5 coil)
When I vape it on the low 9W, the pod lasts 10+ fillings. That's good for me, but the vape borders on the weak side. I just need that little bit more...so I set it to the 10W. As soon as I do that, it burns the coil... I can taste it immediately.
The problem I think is with the wicking...to much power and the wicking don't keep up.
I tried soooo many settings but always come back to the same problem.
Hopefully someone has some new advice for me...;)
20190222_151554.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread