The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lost Vape Orion

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by dansus, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. soulseek

soulseek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    Damn this is really cool. I love my DNA GO and my DNA75C just keeps collecting dust. Hope these new pods are compatible with existing devices. My guess is yes since it's just a firmware upgrade for the chip.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah that was my first thought. This is written down below on the above link.
    Screenshot_20190819-131724_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BNEAT

BNEAT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Well I'll be damn, I assumed they gave up on this platform and went all-in on the Quest Lyra. I can't wait to hear some reviews!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hukachoo

Hukachoo Full Member

Jun 7, 2019
    RU
    Wow. They did it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. tw33k

tw33k Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

this morning I installed the new firmware to update the DNA Go to the DNA Plus Download – Lost Vape

The guide shows that when successful, the DNA Go will now have 5 power levels but I already had 5 power levels so I'm not sure what the update actually did. Has anyone else run it ?

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Im told its just a software update, which can be applied to the original DNA and pods are backwards compatible.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. weissesfleisch223

weissesfleisch223 Full Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Sydney, Australia
    I just ran it and mine went from 3 power levels to 5 - Unless I didn't see this before, but on the Mod tab -> Atomizers there's now 4 spaces for atomizers, DL & MTL then 1.0 and a blank one

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. JollyRogers

JollyRogers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Virginia
    Guess I need to update and try to get these pods. My smoant with the MTL atomizer is awesome, and the atty style is similar. I’d rather run the Orion, as the form factor is better IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  9. tw33k

Yeah...I already had 5 power levels but there are additional options in the Atomizer tab for the new pods. Also, the device name is now Orion Plus. I'm still interested to know what other changes were made that aren't obvious

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. robert46

robert46 Full Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Leeds, England
    No sign of the rebuildable deck yet.
    I’ve got the Orion Q, love the form factor
    but hate the coils, I need to unscrew the
    fill cap after nearly every draw or dry hit.
    The Pasito is much better, especially with
    a fused clapton in the rba.
    Don’t use the Orion any more.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Gillistration

Gillistration Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2015
    Has anyone seen or tried the IQS Mesh pods? Apparently it’s compatible with the Orion and Orion Q. Just bought two packs of the .3ohm, because the guy at the local B&M shop said the flavor is incredible and they last a lot longer. He also said he uses both nic salts and freebase in them, I’ve looked everywhere and haven’t seen many reviews. I’ll post a pic and my take on them once I try it, but it might be a while since I have to wear out the .25 coil I’m using now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. soulseek

soulseek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    Very interesting. However now that we're getting Mesh from Lost Vape this won't be needed. More importantly, with the Lost Vape updates, you get replacement coils mounted on the base only. You no longer need to replace the entire pod.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Gillistration

Gillistration Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2015
    Well have to see how those work out. I guess my concern with replaceable coils in the pod is in regard to leaking. I’m still really excited to try these IQS mesh pods. Plus if it means I can a few extra days off it, it will be worth it.

Part of what made the Orion so appealing is how simple it can be to just fill up and vape. I’ll be waiting to hear from the masses before I do any update to my device.

I would honestly love if Lost Vape had a recycle program for used Pods. I don’t know if it’s even possible/cost effective but it would be better than tossing the pods in the trash.

14. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    0.8 should be with me soon, someone said they are getting 2 weeks out of them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    I bought another DNA to use with the mesh pods, obviously had a blast on the original pods while i wait and they are already driving me crazy with dry hits.

16. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Right then, lets see if it lives up to the hype.

pods2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. YePsTeR

YePsTeR Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    :thumbs::pop::pop:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Flavour is good, no dry hits yet. Vape quality is a little mushy and ramp up is lazy at 17w, just like the Orchid pods. Far as i can tell, Orchid/Ally/Orion mesh pods are made by same people.

Pods are tight fitting, no wiggle and cant see where it could leak. I will order some 0.3 to try.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. tw33k

where can you get 0.3Ω mesh pods from? I only see 0.8Ω

• Like Like x 1
  20. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    New LV mesh pod?

Orion mesh.jpg