Lost Vape Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Anyone else having problems with the tips coming loose and falling off their pods? I’ve had two so far.
Yeah i had some that was a bit loose. Not to loose to fall of by itself. Others are irremovable. Its just the nature of mass production....especially before lunchtimes and Fridays :D

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    So with the new tip, is it tight enough that you can pick up the orion by the tip without it falling off? The pod I am using now has the tip fall off every time I pull it out of my pocket.
    Yes it’s real tight as a matter of fact I was wondering if I could get it on. I think because it’s friction fit & no o rings but I gently wiggled it back & forth & it went on. Just gotta be careful when removing it so it doesn’t crack.

Sebastian E

May 28, 2019
    Hey

I´ve been having an issue with my pod, the wick seems to be burning too quickly, maybe 3 or 4 days max. and there´s some pretty nasty brown residue settling at the bottom of the tank.

I´ve been using it with nicotine salts. Any ideas on what´s going on? this is my second cartridge I´ve used so far but the problem persists.

Sorry if I´m not using this corrctly, I´m still figuring out how the forum works or where I can ask things and such.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hey

I´ve been having an issue with my pod, the wick seems to be burning too quickly, maybe 3 or 4 days max. and there´s some pretty nasty brown residue settling at the bottom of the tank.

I´ve been using it with nicotine salts. Any ideas on what´s going on? this is my second cartridge I´ve used so far but the problem persists.

Sorry if I´m not using this corrctly, I´m still figuring out how the forum works or where I can ask things and such.
    Hola,
    Have you tried making the adjustments suggested by @Seiggy ?
    Lost Vape Orion < click/taphttps://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/lost-vape-orion.878961/page-62#post-21718665

Cheers
    I

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Hola,
    Have you tried making the adjustments suggested by @Seiggy ?
    Lost Vape Orion < click/tap
    I saw on a different thread he started, that its a Orion Q. That would be interesting to me as I was wondering if the Q would have the same issues. I would think not...the power surely don't go that high...does it?

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    I have one orion dna and two orion q. I honestly like the Q better.
    Totally agree with that statement. My Orion DNA sits and collects dust while the Q gets daily use. I have no idea why but I just can not get any flavor out of any pod with those. The .25 and the .5 both are lacking in flavor. Whereas the Q has great flavor.

Been using the Q and the Trinity Alpha daily and like them about equally. Have the new Geek Vape Frenzy coming and hoping that joins the regulars in my rotation. I am grateful to the original Orion for coming out with this form factor. It seems to have taken off and the more these companies tweak little things, the better the vape.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    Lost Vape new Pods ....

LV-Lyra-Mod-2T.jpg

Reactions: BNEAT

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
    Hey

This was exactly the problem that I had when I bought one just after it was released. I tried several different juices and also tried to adjust settings in EScribe as I thought the boost might be the issue but the issue persisted. It seemed like the chimney inside the pod was poorly designed and condensation builds up really quickly and ends up giving off a burned taste in a short amount of time. In the end, even though I love the design and chipset, it was just too frustrating (and expensive) to constantly need to change pods every couple of days.

I ended up getting rid of mine but after seeing that the Crux RBA was in the works, I would've definitely given it another shot. As soon as (or if) a rebuildable has hit the market, I will probably try to pick another one up since the prices have dropped but I'm certainly not going back to the original pods.

Reactions: dwcraig1

Hukachoo

Jun 7, 2019
    RU
    I can't understand why custom modders missing this opportunity. LV sold huge numbers of it, orions all over internet, they made new trend. Ppl asking for rebuildable for so long time and no1 hear. It could be something like "new age billet box", we already got cased, panels, buttons, tips, but no1 care for something like custom pods. Its a big market, but no interest from modders. I can't get it

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    So I got sick of looking at my 2 (relatively) high-priced Orions just sitting there collecting dust, so I decided to try thinning the wicks again and trying a different method of diluting my straight VG juice. Previously I diluted it with water, which tasted horrible, but seemed to work. This time I broke out my ancient bottle of PG which has been frozen for 5+ years.

I grabbed my skinniest set of tweezers and started pickin' cotton and I didn't stop until I had a Toy Poodle size pile on my desk! (I thought for sure I had gone too far) I had just busted open an old burnt up pod and couldn't believe how tight the wick was packed in that coil, so I was really trying to pull as much cotton out of the coil as possible with no regard for how small/short the tails ended up being. I've done this before, but not nearly to this extent. BINGO!

I've been vaping this pod exclusively for the last 3 days and it's been glorious! Plenty of vapor, zero dry hits, zero leakage, great flavor, AND I'm liking the "punch" the PG added to my good ol' Boba's Bounty! Because Boba's is so rich I normally cut it 3:1 with straight VG. (plus VG is cheap and I like stretching out my dollar) I kept the ratio the same with PG so I haven't noticed a difference in flavor at all.

I know it's only one pod, but I'm going to keep at this!

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    I vaguely remember someone doing this before.
    But I don't recall how.
    First, I'm guessing you're picking cotton (no pun and no offense to anyone) from a fresh unused pod, right?
    Second, you've got tiny tweezers which fit down far into the fill hole?
    Or I would think you could use a long sewing needle.

Reactions: BNEAT
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread