The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lost Vape Therion DNA75 Squonker

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by inswva, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. cigatron

cigatron Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    You're welcome Mark. Best wishes.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight CF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    I am digging temp dominant mode with 26g 316l around 400-420 F, 40 watts preheat.

4. cigatron

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Yep, I switched to temp dominant mode on all of my TC profiles when the last firmware update came out.:thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  5. markfm

Supporting member
    It seems to be working now, with the help I had from the good people on this thread

I loaded the new base ss316l profile, dialed in Watts at 35 and temp at 375 to start.

For this particular coil, 0.45 ohms, I know I would normally like it at around 24w in power mode.

I ended up settling in at 475f, with power at 28.

It's kind of cool to watch it dynamically changing the power to maintain the temp

Thanks again for the help! I may well end up back on my twisted kanthal 26, but it's nice to have working TC.

• Like Like x 2
  6. cigatron

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Hey, you got it working, awesome!

I would still move the power up to 35-40W or so, that will make it ramp up to temp faster but more importantly it will ensure that you reach your set temp, just in case you nail the wicking perfect and as a result the atty wants to run at a higher power level but at the same temp. Remember, the mod will increase power with either more airflow OR more juice at the wick. Just say'n.:)

Btw, it is not unusual for you to have to run 475°f to get a warm vape because of manufacturing metallurgical differences in the SS wire we buy from multiple sources. As long as you are confident that your cold/base res is correct and your vape isn't hot or burny you're golden.:thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  7. markfm

Supporting member
    After playing with it, I've ended up dropping temp to 465, increasing power to 30. It's heating quite quickly, then maintaining temp at a notably reduced power.

This is like night and day compared to when I tried it with the pre-loaded 316l data. That was just weird. One of the mods must have had data for something that changes temp really fast with resistance, as it vaped cool even with the power at 60 and the temp as high as 495.

I have 10m of the wire I'm using now, and consistent on builds. I may stay with this on the squonker, though keep kanthal on the SDNA (I flip tanks between the SDNA and mechs; my standard build is optimum for me when a mech is at 3.7v, which they generally reach pretty fast)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Solaire

Solaire Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2017
    Man , I'm a little late to this thread and it appears I missed a whole bunch of info by skipping posts.
    I have Therion BF coming and I have no clue about using a DNA75.
    I'm a mech user :danger: , so I have to be schooled a bit.
    Time to read the whole thread,,,,,:sneaky::shock::sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  9. cigatron

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    This thread may be more helpful for the DNA75.
    Evolv DNA 75

Evolv has some good threads on their site as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Solaire

Jan 11, 2017
    Thanks man.
    U know Cecil " johnny" Burton ?
    he lives in Clinton.

11. markfm

Supporting member
    To get started, the Therion works beautifully in Watts mode (VW). Even though I finally got functional temperature control (TC), due to the help of the good people here, at the end of the day I switched back to my normal kanthal coil in VW . Twisted kanthal simply does the trick for me, takes no thought.

• Like Like x 4
  12. cigatron

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    In Clinton Arkansas?, nope

13. Solaire

Jan 11, 2017
    yup he's lived there for years ..
    just curious that's all .

• Like Like x 1
  14. cigatron

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    It's all good Mark, TC is just one of the ways to get our vape on. :thumb: SS is not the best wire to TC with anyway, Ti and NiFe resistance wires are much more accurate but SS has been popularized by its low cost and ability to be used easily in TC mode or power mode. At least you gave it a try and you certainly have one of the world's best mods for TC in case you ever want to switch back. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.