Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I can post some csv's for commonly used materials (430, 316L, NiFe52 etc) that way you can just use it and not worry about it... what's a good file-hosting that this forum allows?
I downloaded the zip you linked to from steam engine. I just haven't messed with escribe yet. I keep meaning to try it out as is on the mod in the meantime, but keep forgetting until after I hit it and mess up the ohms. Lol.

When you vape it dry, is there a dry hit taste at all, or just...no vapor?

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I keep meaning to try it out as is on the mod in the meantime, but keep forgetting until after I hit it and mess up the ohms. Lol
Join the crowd. I still do that sometimes.

If everything is set up correctly then as you begin running out of juice you won't notice anything except diminishing vapor output. If you keep trying to vape it you'll notice a change in flavor along with a further reduction in vapor output. At some point you're flavor will tail off drastically and a dry-ish hit may happen but with no burny taste and no ruined wicks.
This is assuming that you're not normally tc vaping at really high temps, like over 470°f . If you do vape at 470+ you may notice a slight burny edge to your vape as an indicator that your tank is dry.
The above references to 470°f depends on wire quality and either manual tcr settings or which csv file you are using. If either is off then your temp display will read incorrectly but the warning signs of wicks drying out will still be evident.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I ordered spare insulators...needs replaced. No prob. Got another Hadaly to rock in the meantime.

My mod is leaking, juice is collecting at the very top of the door, its on the inside of the door where it perches above the squonk tube. Any ideas? Maybe because I am using an oring so the mod doesnt bottom out?

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I downloaded the zip you linked to from steam engine. I just haven't messed with escribe yet. I keep meaning to try it out as is on the mod in the meantime, but keep forgetting until after I hit it and mess up the ohms. Lol.

My ones have increased accuracy in the 300F-500F range, just say the word and I'll post some... If I can find a file hosting this forum allows.
I ordered spare insulators...needs replaced. No prob. Got another Hadaly to rock in the meantime.

My mod is leaking, juice is collecting at the very top of the door, its on the inside of the door where it perches above the squonk tube. Any ideas? Maybe because I am using an oring so the mod doesnt bottom out?
Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about... that happened to me when I first got mine and screwed in an atty with a really long 510, I should have stopped at the first sign of resistance but I kept threading it down... :/ I had to take the 510 apart and reseat the bottom part. No issues since though I pretty much only use the narda on it, I do have a hadaly but only used it a couple of times, mine was leaking a bit out the air holes when I'd have it on its side, and I like that the narda design prevents that.

This thing is my daily beater so I keep with the simplicity.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
My ones have increased accuracy in the 300F-500F range, just say the word and I'll post some... If I can find a file hosting this forum allows.

Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about... that happened to me when I first got mine and screwed in an atty with a really long 510, I should have stopped at the first sign of resistance but I kept threading it down... :/ I had to take the 510 apart and reseat the bottom part. No issues since though I pretty much only use the narda on it, I do have a hadaly but only used it a couple of times, mine was leaking a bit out the air holes when I'd have it on its side, and I like that the narda design prevents that.

This thing is my daily beater so I keep with the simplicity.
Is taking the 510 apart and reseating a straight forward process?

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com

My mod is leaking, juice is collecting at the very top of the door, its on the inside of the door where it perches above the squonk tube. Any ideas? Maybe because

Is taking the 510 apart and reseating a straight forward process?
Yeah, if I remember right it's just 3 screws but I could be wrong, someone had pics of how to fully disassemble it but I only needed the squonk assembly out... that happens if the bottom part of the assembly gets overextended by a long 510 pin, and it pushes out on the plastic part of the frame... like when I first got mine the only squonkable atty I had was one with a really long pin, I haven't used that atty since but I haven't seen any leaking... the other few I've used on it, narda, odis, hadaly, iai etc. all have short to average 510's though.

But I could def. feel it happen when I did it, like I felt the resistance but just kept threading it down anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: cigatron

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ

Mine leaks too and it pisses me off!! Hardly ever use it now.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Well I've got TC working fairly well with a steam engine CSV for my 316l and it's pretty amazing I must say. I haven't had a touch of a dry hit and I've vaped the wick fairly dry, to the point where far less vapor was being produced and it felt weak, but no off-taste really to speak of. Furthermore I was trying to do a quick pulse of my coils between re-wicking this morning and it literally wouldn't do it in temp mode (I only pushed it to like 480 or 500 though). I had to switch to power mode to do that and switch back. Pretty amazing.

It kicks some serious flavor and I like being able to have the flavor so consistent, regardless of how my draw is. Honestly, TC is awesome.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Well I've got TC working fairly well with a steam engine CSV for my 316l and it's pretty amazing I must say. I haven't had a touch of a dry hit and I've vaped the wick fairly dry, to the point where far less vapor was being produced and it felt weak, but no off-taste really to speak of. Furthermore I was trying to do a quick pulse of my coils between re-wicking this morning and it literally wouldn't do it in temp mode (I only pushed it to like 480 or 500 though). I had to switch to power mode to do that and switch back. Pretty amazing.

It kicks some serious flavor and I like being able to have the flavor so consistent, regardless of how my draw is. Honestly, TC is awesome.

Hey congrats sloth! Welcome to the best game in town.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Could someone provide dna75 specific sample ss316l profiles?

I'd like to give TC another try, but the samples I've seen seen to have power levels from different mods and temps that were kind of high.

Thanks!

(On a sad note, it looks like LV is still using the wonky fire button in the new Drone, prone to latching. )

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Could someone provide dna75 specific sample ss316l profiles?

I'd like to give TC another try, but the samples I've seen seen to have power levels from different mods and temps that were kind of high.

Thanks!

(On a sad note, it looks like LV is still using the wonky fire button in the new Drone, prone to latching. )

Not sure I understand Mark, power levels and temp are adjustable and completely separate from a material csv file. Also, csv files are not mod specific, they work the same on all dna mods.
You can download the csv for 316L from steam engine and adjust the power and temp as needed. Temperature is subjective, each person likes a different temp setting but the power setting needs to be higher than needed to reach your set temp eg. If you have an atty that vapes well with 316ss at 40w in power mode then set your power to 50w or so when using tc.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The sample profiles I've seen, when I pull them up in escribe, have power set to 133w, temp up around 530f.

My two prior tries with TC on dna75, on an SDNA and the Therion bf, were miserable. I'm confident that the mods are functional, but between the bad initial TCR values and not having a feel for rational starting values for Max watts, ramp up watts, and target temp, I gave up in frustration.

When I vape vw, I use 0.5 ohm twisted 26 kanthal, at around 24w. If I switch to single wire 26awg 316l, the resistance will probably be about 0.4+ ohms at room temperature. What's a rational set of ramp up power, max power, and temperature to get a moderately warm vape, if I find the ss316l coil also nice in the mid to upper 20 watts zone?

(It's frustrating because I haven't yet seen any clean set of starter parameters to work from. I can look at numbers and know when something is way off of what I would use (power higher than the mod can go to, temp higher than feels right), but without something at least in the ballpark it's too much hassle with nothing to show for it.)

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
The sample profiles I've seen, when I pull them up in escribe, have power set to 133w, temp up around 530f.

My two prior tries with TC on dna75, on an SDNA and the Therion bf, were miserable. I'm confident that the mods are functional, but between the bad initial TCR values and not having a feel for rational starting values for Max watts, ramp up watts, and target temp, I gave up in frustration.

When I vape vw, I use 0.5 ohm twisted 26 kanthal, at around 24w. If I switch to single wire 26awg 316l, the resistance will probably be about 0.4+ ohms at room temperature. What's a rational set of ramp up power, max power, and temperature to get a moderately warm vape, if I find the ss316l coil also nice in the mid to upper 20 watts zone?

(It's frustrating because I haven't yet seen any clean set of starter parameters to work from. I can look at numbers and know when something is way off of what I would use (power higher than the mod can go to, temp higher than feels right), but without something at least in the ballpark it's too much hassle with nothing to show for it.)
If you're liking your 26g 316SS build at say 25-30w in power mode then a good starting power level and preheat level for TC would be around 40w. The mod will turn down the power as needed to maintain your set temp.
As a general rule I run my power levels in TC mode at 20% higher power levels than I do in power/watts mode when using SS. Better to have too much power than too little, otherwise your coil may never reach your set temp.

Reactions: markfm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread