Lots of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bc1010

Jun 9, 2012
Syracuse, NY
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and new to "vaping". I've been trying to quit smoking for a couple months now and I think this is what I need to actually get there.
So, I bought an infiniti yesterday and don't hate it. It's a regular tasting tobacco with 1.6% nicotine. To me it tastes like a "light" cigarette and I normally smoke a "medium" flavor, so does that mean I should try a higher percentage of nicotine?
Also, I have a question about some of the ingredients such as:Methylcyclopentenelone, 2-acetyl pyrazine, 2,3,5-trimethyl pyrazine. Does anyone have any idea what these are and are they safe?:unsure:

And, last question (for now), I'm thinking about purchasing a "volt" starter kit with 5 prefilled tips. How long would that last for a pack a day smoker?

Thanks in advance!!!

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and new to "vaping". I've been trying to quit smoking for a couple months now and I think this is what I need to actually get there.
So, I bought an infiniti yesterday and don't hate it. It's a regular tasting tobacco with 1.6% nicotine. To me it tastes like a "light" cigarette and I normally smoke a "medium" flavor, so does that mean I should try a higher percentage of nicotine?
Also, I have a question about some of the ingredients such as:Methylcyclopentenelone, 2-acetyl pyrazine, 2,3,5-trimethyl pyrazine. Does anyone have any idea what these are and are they safe?:unsure:

And, last question (for now), I'm thinking about purchasing a "volt" starter kit with 5 prefilled tips. How long would that last for a pack a day smoker?

Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome to ECF and Vaping! Yep, I'd go to 24mg (right now you are at 16mg) and that will definitely help. Prefilled cartos aren't the best way to go. The 5 will last you a couple of days, at best. Try using something that holds 3ml - 10ml of fluid to make things easier.

Good luck!

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!!!

The volt is a great setup. The 5 cartos will last you about 2-3 days depending on how you vape it. Good news is, you can refill the volt cartos over and over again. They last a long time so long as you don't vape them until they are completely dry and burn.
You can buy a bottle of juice from them for. $13.95. That bottle will refill your cartos. I am still using 5 cartos that are a month old and have been refilled at least 15 times. Depending on where you get juice from and how much you pay, you can refill the cartos for between 20-30 cents.

What kit are you getting from volt? I suggest a couple of things. 1: spend the extra $1 and get the 78mm battery. It has 50% more juice than the smaller one.
2: get a manual and an automatic battery to see which you like better
3: if you get a pcc, get the mega. The Mega pcc holds 2 batteries and 3 cartos.

Also, once you get your volt, you can go to their subforum on here and post a pic of yourself with your volt. They will send you a free battery, bottle of juice or pack of cartos

I would also suggest them 18mg nic ones. That should be plenty for you considering what you were smoking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
The volt will last about 3 hours before needing to be recharged. If you want to order from smokeless image and don't mind a larger battery, the Volt X2 will last a lot longer, and you can also use it while it is charging. How long the cartomizers last will depend on whether you keep them wet enough, and the juice that you use. Higher VG and darker juices tend to gunk up the cartomizer.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!!!

If the flavor you've been vaping doesn't taste like a "regular" or "medium" cigarette, it's NOT because of the percentage of nicotine. You could double the nicotine and it will taste almost exactly the same. It would only have more "throat hit", that feeling of something smacking into the back of your throat. What affects the taste is the flavoring. Don't expect any e-juice from anywhere to taste like your cigarette did. The most you can hope for is that it tastes something like the smell of your cigarette. The good news is that, in a few weeks or a month, you won't care.

Regarding the ingredients, the second two in that list are flavor enhancers. They're commonly use in all types of processed foods and are GRAS (Generally recognized as safe). I suspect the first one is a ketone, or type of alcohol, probably used as a preservative or to provide "throat hit" or flavoring.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
If the flavor you've been vaping doesn't taste like a "regular" or "medium" cigarette, it's NOT because of the percentage of nicotine. You could double the nicotine and it will taste almost exactly the same. It would only have more "throat hit", that feeling of something smacking into the back of your throat. What affects the taste is the flavoring. Don't expect any e-juice from anywhere to taste like your cigarette did. The most you can hope for is that it tastes something like the smell of your cigarette. The good news is that, in a few weeks or a month, you won't care.

Regarding the ingredients, the second two in that list are flavor enhancers. They're commonly use in all types of processed foods and are GRAS (Generally recognized as safe). I suspect the first one is a ketone, or type of alcohol, probably used as a preservative or to provide "throat hit" or flavoring.

Sailorman, do you DIY? I ordered some base vg and pg today from goodprophets because it was on sale. What's the best place to get flavoring from?

Bc1010

Jun 9, 2012
Syracuse, NY

Thanks for the info...Are these ingredients typical and do most vendors give the ingredients in the juices?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Sailorman, do you DIY? I ordered some base vg and pg today from goodprophets because it was on sale. What's the best place to get flavoring from?

I get everything from Wizardlabs.us They have the absolute lowest price on nicotine and labware. I have a bunch of flavorings from The Perfumer's Apprentice, but Im going to start getting it at Wizard the next time I order because that's where they get it and it's no more expensive than buying it directly from TPA.

I also use Capelas and Loranns, but it really depends on the flavor. Some places make a certain flavor better than others, but TPA is pretty good across the board. I got the Loranns and Capelas a long time ago, so I don't even remember where I bought them.

That said, I recently got some "Decadent Vapours" flavorings I really like. I got it from Totally Wicked because it was on sale at the time and was a steal. I don't know who else handles that brand, but if you run across it, I recommend it highly.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thanks for the info...Are these ingredients typical and do most vendors give the ingredients in the juices?

Stuff like that seems to be more common with pre-filled cartomizers but, truth be told, the could be in any juice. Most vendors don't list all the ingredients, but some do. Juice makers are a secretive lot and some of those ingredients might be in their flavorings and even they might not know it. All flavorings are chemical mixtures unless the juice maker uses all natural or organic flavorings. Those flavor enhancers are available at flavoring sites and used by DIYers even. They're all used in pretty minute quantities, if at all, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I get everything from Wizardlabs.us They have the absolute lowest price on nicotine and labware. I have a bunch of flavorings from The Perfumer's Apprentice, but Im going to start getting it at Wizard the next time I order because that's where they get it and it's no more expensive than buying it directly from TPA.

I also use Capelas and Loranns, but it really depends on the flavor. Some places make a certain flavor better than others, but TPA is pretty good across the board. I got the Loranns and Capelas a long time ago, so I don't even remember where I bought them.

That said, I recently got some "Decadent Vapours" flavorings I really like. I got it from Totally Wicked because it was on sale at the time and was a steal. I don't know who else handles that brand, but if you run across it, I recommend it highly.

Thanks. I though I paid good prices till I just looked at this site. Turns out, this place is around the corner from my house. I wonder if I can pick up from them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread