Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
"It doesn't take much time to get a full thickness or third degree burn when exposed to hot pavement," Foster said in a press briefing last week. "Because if you look at hot pavement or asphalt at two o'clock in the afternoon in direct sunlight, the temperature is usually somewhere around 170 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit."

Yesterdays six o'clock local news had a piece on that .. focused on kids using playground equipment as well as folks walking their dogs ..

screen-shot-2015-01-06-at-3-56-29-pm.png

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hola .. :)

No disrespect to anyone here on this ::

Yesterday evening, I stopped by a local bar for a burger and a beer or three .. there were two couples sitting in the next booth, it was relatively quiet and they were generally loud talkers .. paraphrasing ::

"Are you going to hit those two food give-a-ways on Saturday .. ??"

"Well, I've been to that one at that Church before, and they just gave out crap .. a lot of vegetables and fruit, I ended up throwing most of it away .. "

"Yeah, you never really know what you're going to get these days .. "

"The best one I ever went to was that drive-thru one .. I scored a ton of good stuff .. "

Etc .. :eek:
    Sad to say there’s a lot of people like that.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Yesterdays six o'clock local news had a piece on that .. focused on kids using playground equipment as well as folks walking their dogs ..

Surprised his tennies aren't stuck to the tiles...

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Good foggy morning! It's going up to 86 today and very humid. Now I'm hoping we don't get rain today so we can get the cover off the pool. Hux and Brody have been taking swim lessons so this summer should be more fun in the pool.
    We're having both our kids and their families over for a Father's Day dinner today. I'm making Mike's favorite -meatloaf dinner. If the rain holds off they'll be able to help opening the pool.

No disrespect to anyone here on this ::

Yesterday evening, I stopped by a local bar for a burger and a beer or three .. there were two couples sitting in the next booth, it was relatively quiet and they were generally loud talkers .. paraphrasing ::

"Are you going to hit those two food give-a-ways on Saturday .. ??"

"Well, I've been to that one at that Church before, and they just gave out crap .. a lot of vegetables and fruit, I ended up throwing most of it away .. "

"Yeah, you never really know what you're going to get these days .. "

"The best one I ever went to was that drive-thru one .. I scored a ton of good stuff .. "

Etc .. :eek:

I swear some people have a "greed" gene in their DNA - just can't help taking anything marked Free even if they have no use for it.

Whoa, and that pan isn't even on black asphalt! And why is that guy wearing sweat pants? I think yesterday the weather map had 120 degrees in Death Valley? Do people actually live there? Years ago I was visiting my sister in Ocala, Florida. We went to use the pool at the activity center and had to leave because the lounge chairs were too hot to sit on and the pool water was too warm to swim in. It always makes me cringe to think about people who have road work or roofing jobs in this kind of heat.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all.

Another hot sunny day here, tomorrow said to be hotter, but then backing off. Not like the SW, and

I think yesterday the weather map had 120 degrees in Death Valley?

saw a vid on last night's news that it hit 130! at Furnace Creek there. Uh, no, thanks!!

2115873.jpg

Reactions: MikeE3

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Happy Father's Day! It's my monthly weekend to work so the present to the hubby is giving him quality time at home alone. :lol: Actually, he owes me since I got him 2 pairs of new walking shoes for Mother's Day.

It's a good thing I'm at work because I'd be really cranky - his snoring was driving me batty last night. He'd be quiet, I'd start to fall asleep and then he'd start up enough to shake the house. He'd stop when nudged, I'd try to go to sleep and he'd start up again. I kept thinking of that taser! I'm tired.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Happy Father's Day! It's my monthly weekend to work so the present to the hubby is giving him quality time at home alone. :lol: Actually, he owes me since I got him 2 pairs of new walking shoes for Mother's Day.

It's a good thing I'm at work because I'd be really cranky - his snoring was driving me batty last night. He'd be quiet, I'd start to fall asleep and then he'd start up enough to shake the house. He'd stop when nudged, I'd try to go to sleep and he'd start up again. I kept thinking of that taser! I'm tired.

Mike is a loud snorer too. I noticed that he stopped breathing sometimes so he went and had a sleep study done. Yep, he's got sleep apnea, but very mild. It was enough for him to get a Cpap machine. I LOVE that machine!! No more snoring! I don't care if he could function without it, I finally get some sleep!

It baffles me that anyone can sleep while snoring. You'd think it would wake you up. I was laying on the back deck once reading and fell asleep on my back. At the first snort I was instantly awake! Good grief. Mild noises inside or outside the house wakes people up right away, but that sound is in your head, why doesn't it wake people up??

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    Mike is a loud snorer too. I noticed that he stopped breathing sometimes so he went and had a sleep study done. Yep, he's got sleep apnea, but very mild. It was enough for him to get a Cpap machine. I LOVE that machine!! No more snoring! I don't care if he could function without it, I finally get some sleep!

It baffles me that anyone can sleep while snoring. You'd think it would wake you up. I was laying on the back deck once reading and fell asleep on my back. At the first snort I was instantly awake! Good grief. Mild noises inside or outside the house wakes people up right away, but that sound is in your head, why doesn't it wake people up??

Sadly, at least from my perspective, the husband did the sleep study a couple of years ago and the result was no sleep apnea. I wasn't surprised as he doesn't stop breathing, he just gets louder. He's woken himself up from naps too. I can sleep through just about anything but I need calmness to fall asleep. I saw a picture of a car that went through the side of a house into a woman's bedroom - she was sleeping and didn't wake up! that would be me.

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Stairs are the biggest PITA with my bad knee. I have to take them one at a time. I actually can’t say the shot hurt. At least not my idea of hurt. It brought a lot of pressure like my knee was going to blow up. LOL
    . Just not pleasant.
    I have a bad knee too and I know about the 1 step up hobble. I always took the stairs in a hotel if we weren't on the first floor with the dogs. Now I take the elevator or hobble of necessary.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!

I have gotten to the point with hubby's snoring where I sleep in another room at the other end of the house.. He won't go for a sleep test and I need sleep! It's hard on the road because the only nights I really sleep is when I am so exhausted I would sleep through anything.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    I'm afraid we both snore now and then and on top of that I'm an insomniac so hubs often goes to sleep in the spare bedroom. So glad we have it!

I have a bad knee too and I know about the 1 step up hobble. I always took the stairs in a hotel if we weren't on the first floor with the dogs. Now I take the elevator or hobble of necessary.
    Been doing the one-step hobble for years because my right knee has no cartilage…at all…it’s bone on bone. I was told over 10 years ago to have it replaced.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Good morning. It's overcast and very humid this morning. Might get some T-showers today and it's going to 90. Yesterday we had the family over for Mike's favorite meatloaf dinner and our son helped Mike open the pool. Good thing they did it yesterday because the cover was dry and it doesn't look like there was a good chance to open it in the next week or so.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!

I have gotten to the point with hubby's snoring where I sleep in another room at the other end of the house.. He won't go for a sleep test and I need sleep! It's hard on the road because the only nights I really sleep is when I am so exhausted I would sleep through anything.

Mike went to the hosp to spend the night for the sleep study. I honestly don't think I could do that, but they do have a home sleep study you can do, but I don't know what's involved. Actually, his machine has a wireless connection so the company can tell all kinds of things about how he slept all night so I don't know why that can't be used to determine if there is an apnea problem. Mike's machine is the one that just fits under the nose, not the whole face mask which, to me anyway, seems like it would be much more comfortable. I tried it on and hardly even know it's there.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    I'm afraid we both snore now and then and on top of that I'm an insomniac so hubs often goes to sleep in the spare bedroom. So glad we have it!

Been doing the one-step hobble for years because my right knee has no cartilage…at all…it’s bone on bone. I was told over 10 years ago to have it replaced.

Oh no! That sounds horrible. I have heard many times that people who have finally given in and gotten the knee replacement are sorry they waited so long.

sleep.jpg

Have you tried the nose strips? They actually did help Mike before we got the Cpap.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011

Hi, I'm Willie and I was a heavy snorer .. this, perhaps, contributed to my Divorce History .. later in life, after they were invented, the miraculous Breathe Right strips provided some real relief .. prior to that, I was a nasal spray addict ..

Amazingly, when I got off the Marlboros and went to the vape, my breathing improved dramatically over a period of months, which resulted in much quieter snoring (or so I was told) ..

At one point, in order to make her point, a spouse recorded my snoring on a portable cassette machine .. it was quite the noise and amazed me that even I could sleep thru that .. if I still had that tape, I would consider selling it to a Rapper that might be able to use it as a backbeat .. :eek:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    I generally find Amazon Prime Days somewhat maddening .. it just seems like you have to sift through for hours at a time .. maybe it's just me ..

However, I have been thinking about getting a tablet .. and this one is in my cart .. any thoughts .. ??

Amazon Official Site: Fire HD 10 tablet, 10.1", 1080p Full HD

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Users who are viewing this thread