Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I thought I would check in. Haven't really had anything happy or great to report which this is a happy and great thread. Well I do now.
Going to be a Great Grandaddy in June. Other then that I will just lurk around.

Congrats Grandpappy!

grandpappy-the-man-the-myth-the-legend-mens-5050-t-shirt.jpg

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Congratulations!!

It's been a grand weekend! Geordi and his breeder did it again today, Winner's Dog for a 4 point major. 2 dogs didn't show, so it went from 5 points to 4 (NOT!!!! complaining, a major is a major!!). The girl got Best of Winners (5 points in girls so if Gman went BOW he would have earned 5 points), which is fine because a major IS a major!! I am not going to quibble over 1 measly point!

So we went from having 3 points and needing both majors to having both majors and needing only 3 points!! These points can be earned 1 at a time, a 2 and a 1 (or any combination), or a 3-5 point major!! More than the needed 15 points for a Championship are perfectly fine. Shows in Brooksville, FL in January, so we shall see.... Then I will let him finish growing up (he will be 3 the end of March but still a very immature) and I can show him for his Grand Championship as a "Special" (finished Champion). While he is continuing to mature, we will work on obedience and other fun stuff.

So if anyone is looking for me you can find me on cloud 9. I got Geordi got 2 new toys so he is a happy boy!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I thought I would check in. Haven't really had anything happy or great to report which this is a happy and great thread. Well I do now.
    Congrats!!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Congratulations!!

It's been a grand weekend! Geordi and his breeder did it again today, Winner's Dog for a 4 point major. 2 dogs didn't show, so it went from 5 points to 4 (NOT!!!! complaining, a major is a major!!). The girl got Best of Winners (5 points in girls so if Gman went BOW he would have earned 5 points), which is fine because a major IS a major!! I am not going to quibble over 1 measly point!

So we went from having 3 points and needing both majors to having both majors and needing only 3 points!! These points can be earned 1 at a time, a 2 and a 1 (or any combination), or a 3-5 point major!! More than the needed 15 points for a Championship are perfectly fine. Shows in Brooksville, FL in January, so we shall see.... Then I will let him finish growing up (he will be 3 the end of March but still a very immature) and I can show him for his Grand Championship as a "Special" (finished Champion). While he is continuing to mature, we will work on obedience and other fun stuff.

So if anyone is looking for me you can find me on cloud 9. I got Geordi got 2 new toys so he is a happy boy!

Whoot! Whoot! :toast:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    I can hear them vacuuming and mopping, on a regular basis, unlike previous
    Crank up the stereo Yiddle. I would have to have a soundproof apt, I would be getting complaints all the time and it would need to be ground floor. Even with hearing aids I have the TV cranked up and a subwoofer. I know my Grandaughter used to have one in a brand new building and the downstairs neighbors would complain about her doing laundry after 10pm. A lot of days she worked till then. I thought it was a little nit picky. It wasn't a cheap place either. She tried to comply but still there were times she couldn't. She'd get a complaint every time.

Nermal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    And if @Semiretired is listening ... I got this bag of 200 Delasco rayon balls 10/10/14, so that was 1,136 days ago, yielding a usage rate of .09 balls per day.

You aren't going to break that down into tenths of a dollar per day? I'll be lying awake all night wondering.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA

That's wonderful!! Congratulations GGdad!! Woohoo!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations! Fantastic! He really is a gorgeous pup!! Those are some well deserved wins! Enjoy your time on Cloud 9!!!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Hmmmm .. Regardless of what you may have Heard Through The Grapevine .. :) .. while, yes, it's a Great Thread, it's not all Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows flying out of our butts .. ;) .. or is it .. ?? ;)

Let me know when you start handing out the cigars and the shots .. ;) ..

PS :: Post when you want and what you want (within ECF Rules, of course .. :))

giphy.gif

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Crank up the stereo Yiddle. I would have to have a soundproof apt, I would be getting complaints all the time and it would need to be ground floor. Even with hearing aids I have the TV cranked up and a subwoofer. I know my Grandaughter used to have one in a brand new building and the downstairs neighbors would complain about her doing laundry after 10pm. A lot of days she worked till then. I thought it was a little nit picky. It wasn't a cheap place either. She tried to comply but still there were times she couldn't. She'd get a complaint every time.

Story Time :: During one of the periods I lived in Colorado Springs, I shared an apartment with a Drummer .. as fate would have it, this two story, probably 12 unit building was predominately populated by Musicians .. not by plan, but just coincidental .. I had a pretty good quality Quadraphonic audio system at the time, with some fairly large speakers (don't know if anyone remembers those, but it was like the Baby that grew up to become Surround Sound .. :)) ..

At any rate, we'd have a fairly regular Friday or Saturday night party, where folks that lived in our building would drift around from one apartment to another .. sharing this and that .. ;) .. My place was on an end, downstairs .. during one of these fests, I had the Quad cranked and sounding good .. and, I was feeling pretty good as well .. ;) .. when a pounding knock hit the door and it was one of the Neighbors from the complex next door demanding I turn it down .. I did, he left, we laughed, I turned it back up .. soon after, a guy with a Badge knocks and demands we turn it down .. I was still coherent enough to look at his Badge, it said Security Guard .. I flipped him off and the festivities continued ..

About 15 minutes later, the power for the building went out .. I figured we'd blown a fuse .. went out to the power meters and someone had flipped the breakers off and then padlocked the box closed .. I have to hand it to them for creativity .. :)

As a side note, back in those days, you could only buy Coors beer in Colorado ..

EDIT :: I always figure it's not a Party till the 5/0 shows up .. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread