Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Wow Willie. Nice job! Were these the first ones you tried? Looks like a lot of work for somebody who hasn't been doing this for awhile.

Oh my goodness, what a cutie! I agree, we need to see a picture of her bright eyes! I love kids this age!

Nah, don't think she'd do that. She was one of the 1% who have problems. There was nothing the doc could have done to catch it. It has to do with the pressure in the eye I think. Hopefully the 2nd surgery fixed it. The doc said this happened to a woman 2 years ago and she's now seeing at 20/20. I'll call her tomorrow to check on her. Any surgery carries risks, I don't know that this surgery was due to incompetence. Of course, knowing her, she'd be part of the 1%!!
And besides that a malpractice suit is very hard to win. Believe me I tried. When my legs were amputated there had been a mistake made. The Albumin they were infusing me with caused a first anaphalactic event and they kept giving it to me even tho it is in the books as if it happens to immediately stop it. They pulled me out of the first one and continued but when the attorney was able to get all the records they had been computerized and there was no mention of the first event. It had been removed. There were no actual nurses notes available. Like I've said it's hard to fight city hall when they have 20 attorneys and you have 1. He was the best malpractice attorney in town.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
We've come a long way ladies :)

"Daily life for women in the early 1800s in Britain was that of many obligations and few choices. Some even compare the conditions of women in this time to a form of slavery. Women were completely controlled by the men in their lives. First, by their fathers, brothers and male relatives and finally by their husbands. Their sole purpose in life is to find a husband, reproduce and then spend the rest of their lives serving him. If a woman were to decide to remain single, she would be ridiculed and pitied by the community.
When a women was married, all of her inheritance (if any existed) would belong to her husband. Her husband had rights to everything a woman had, including her body. This notion was supported by both the law as well as the marriage vows: “written into the marriage ceremony was a vow to obey her husband…Not until the late 20th century did women obtain the right to omit that promise from their wedding vows”. Marriage for these women was a lifetime commitment. Very rarely were women allowed to have a divorce and until 1891 if a woman attempted to flee an unhappy marriage, she could be captured by the law and punished."
Blacks were given the right to vote in 1870, women not until 1920.

Of course, blacks didn't really have the freedom to vote until 1965.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Cop shows like I said Wallander and Happy Valley are really good.

Bea, honestly, you can't go wrong .. there is such a wealth of programming, it's almost like an All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet .. I have subscribed for 10 years and they are constantly adding new material of all types .. although I am a Sci Fi Fan .. and, I suppose "Walking Dead" qualifies as Blood and Guts .. all your other likes are covered well .. I am also a big Documentary fan, which they have tons of ..

https://www.google.com/search?ei=wG...8...46j0i67k1j0i131i67k1j0i46k1.0.5qylHxRdMWo

And, no, I don't get a Commission .. Netflix is the best value entertainment there is, period .. although Prime is pretty good too ..
Thank you guys for the help.

Got the results back from my endoscopy and no cancer thank God but I have acid reflux all the way up to my neck. They are putting me on a new medication and asked who to call it in to, My head went blank and gave them the name of my regular phamacy, wasn't thinking cause this stuff sounded super expensive then I remembered the VA sent me there so had them call it in to them, its free that way and don't have to pay the price cause there is no generic for it yet. Sounded like she said Dexnoy but can't find anything on that so hopefully the VA will have it. No wonder I am in so much pain when I eat maybe this will help. Sounds like it is eroding my esophagus.
So glad it's not cancer. Sorry about the GERDS. Bummer…I have it too although mine is mild.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
PHILLY PHILLY

GO EAGLES!!!!

What a game ... I hope the fans don't destroy the city tonight in celebration. The 'Crisco Cops' where out early today greasing up all the poles around the city.

Poles.jpg

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Wow Willie. Nice job! Were these the first ones you tried? Looks like a lot of work for somebody who hasn't been doing this for awhile.

No, I had done some smaller stuff .. these were kits that came with fairly good instructions, and I did these in the 1970's / 80's era .. time consuming, but not a lot of work .. relaxing and something different .. :) .. the Levi's and shirt that I did were very nice .. :)

Like I always say, if you feel like something is missing in Life, use that Right Brain and do something creative .. paint a picture, play / learn an instrument, etc .. remember Grandma Moses .. :)

right-brain-left-brain-fnl-598x441.jpg

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Or, as Marsha Linehan might put it, combine your right and left brain through mindfulness, and everything is good, all the time. LOL. It's really hard work for me, I lean far right. The husband leans far left. (Exempting politics). Dividing up life-skills works out really well for us... :)

Anna

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
When I was actively spending a lot of time on the Road, there was always plenty of down time .. you'd either spend it getting totally wasted (which I did my fair share of .. ;)) .. and / or you'd try and find something to do late night / wee hours of the morning .. for a period of time, I took up Embroidery / Needle Point .. ;) .. I had an excellent blue jean shirt and Levi's that I had embroidered, but, sadly, as my Girlish figure began to wane, they ended up lost somewhere along the way from lack of use .. ;)

At any rate, I had threatened to Post a couple of items from that Era that continue to hang in my living room .. a reminder to me of those days .. :) .. I remembered to take the PICS a few days back .. they were just kits I bought and years later made frames for ::
View attachment 714019

View attachment 714017
Thank you for remembering and posting the pics. I love them and... I'd been waiting to see them...:)

It would appear that my daughter keeps forgetting to take some pics of the framed Bunka I made, so...next time I go there I will have to take some myself to share...:unsure:

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
What a game ... I hope the fans don't destroy the city tonight in celebration. The 'Crisco Cops' where out early today greasing up all the poles around the city.

Had to ask Mr / Ms Google on that one .. o_O .. I was going to add something about interpretation, however deleted it as being in Bad Taste .. o_O

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
It would appear that my daughter keeps forgetting to take some pics of the framed Bunka I made, so...next time I go there I will have to take some myself to share...:unsure:

Had to consult with Mr / Ms Google on that one too .. :)

top01.jpg

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Yes, I know it's an indulgence that many would find crazy or way too extravagant .. however, to me, it's worth every cent .. and in 5 years or less, it easily will become $1000 or more, these limited edition sets pretty much all do well (not that I'd sell it .. :)) :: on a side note, if you've never watched "Concert for George" you're really missing out on something Wonderful .. :)

Concert For George - Exclusive Deluxe Edition

Users who are viewing this thread