Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
hey mike
thats taking fly fishing to the limit

Fly fishing and fly tying have been a life long pastime for me, about 40 years ago when I was working too hard and too long my wife thought I needed a hobby. I had no clue what fly fishing or tying was all about at the time, she bought me a basic starter kit for fly tying one Christmas. I opened the package of fur and feathers and thought she gave me some craftsy kit actually meant for our daughter. Little did she know at the time what 'she started'.

This was taken on South Platte in Colorado:
IMG_5222.jpg

A woven body Golden Stone Fly
IMG_2341.jpg

And this one was tied for one of many mounted in a shadow box and sold at auction to raise money for the Project Healing Waters organization.
DSCN0197.jpg

Freedom Flys.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Does anyone give their dogs antlers or horns to use as a chew toy?
I’ve seen a lot of mix reviews and was wondering what some of y’all think.
the best chew toys for dogs (per the vets for whom I worked) are nylar bones…no sharp pieces that can cause injury, unlike raw-hide chips. I can't tell you how many of those my bosses had to surgically remove from dogs' intestines where they get stuck and can't be passed.

Another good one is kongs…you can fill them with goodies that the dog has to work to remove. Bully sticks are also a good choice.

Stay away from fabric-type toys…same reason as raw hides. And if Luna turns out to be a real chewer keep human items such as socks, shoes, etc picked up.

Some of the things my bosses had to surgically remove from dogs: raw hide, shoes, socks, wads of paper, nails, condoms, panties, bras, towels, shoe laces!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Morning folks!!

Now I'm off n running..err...walking...oops..Amigo-ing...:) to the store.

BTW... I made some peanut brittle yesterday..half went to a friend, the other half is in a drawer in my bedroom:p

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Does anyone give their dogs antlers or horns to use as a chew toy?
I’ve seen a lot of mix reviews and was wondering what some of y’all think.

My experience is elk antlers are better than deer. Deer tend to splinter and shatter more. Also depends where they come from. Fresher is better. And always with supervision! If a piece breaks off, take it away. When the antler gets small, take it away.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
My experience is elk antlers are better than deer. Deer tend to splinter and shatter more. Also depends where they come from. Fresher is better. And always with supervision! If a piece breaks off, take it away. When the antler gets small, take it away.
Thank you:)

Users who are viewing this thread