Low Resistance Magnum Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaro

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
New York
Just gotta say, Drew, you da MAN!!! I couldn't be more pleased with my recent purchases, including Magnum low resistance atties for my 3.7V SB and eGo PVs, for the high voltage juice (Drewbacco 2 being my favorite), and for, of course, your 1.618 "golden mean" work of art known as the Phidias Woodimus, which works phenomenally well with a coupla Tenergy 3.0V LiFePo4s and one of your 4.5 Ohm resistant HV 510 atties. I'm in absolute vaping Nirvana at the moment, and I've gotta give you the biggest shout out there is. Thank you, brotha, for hooking me, and so many of us fellow vapers, up!

vape on!:D:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Just gotta say, Drew, you da MAN!!! I couldn't be more pleased with my recent purchases, including Magnum low resistance atties for my 3.7V SB and eGo PVs, for the high voltage juice (Drewbacco 2 being my favorite), and for, of course, your 1.618 "golden mean" work of art known as the Phidias Woodimus, which works phenomenally well with a coupla Tenergy 3.0V LiFePo4s and one of your 4.5 Ohm resistant HV 510 atties. I'm in absolute vaping Nirvana at the moment, and I've gotta give you the biggest shout out there is. Thank you, brotha, for hooking me, and so many of us fellow vapers, up!

Vape on!:D:thumb::thumb::thumb:
+1 Sometimes we just forget to say thank you so THANK YOU Drew. You are batting 1000 with your many new releases! I also want to second Blaro's thoughts on using the 2 Tenergy LiFePO4's with a 4.5Ω atty. Perfect. ;)
Also, while I find the LR atty a bit harsh using a fresh 18650, I had another mod that basically sucked using 14500's but rocked using CR2's. Having stopped using CR2's do to safety concerns, I put a 14500 in it and popped on the LR atty and WOW. Fog machine!!!!!

Last edited:

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Would you guys suggest HV liquid to use with the 1.5ohm atty's I ordered, or would my regular liquid be okay? I'm currently using a Tornado with some TW and Strictlyeliquid juice if that makes a difference.

I'd recommend trying some HV liquid since the 1.5 ohm atty will be hitting HV wattage levels. Drew uses a higher concentration of flavoring in the HV juice and it withstands the higher heat a lot better than most other liquids. You can try a few sample bottles for minimal cost to see if you like them. The one I always recommend to people is Drewbacco-1...it is delicious and unique. He also makes a killer French Vanilla Coffee and Black Cherry Soda.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I don't know squat about electrical crap but doesn't having a low resistance increase the risk of battery explosion because basically you are short circuiting a battery with no or little load? Again I am not dissing this as I be dumb...just wondering.

Run protected batteries.... vape.. be happy! ;)

You are certainly loading the battery more.. but it's not a "short circuit", it's just more current.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
what do you use the Trustfire protected 14500 on? I use the same on my other Mod wont say the name. But anyway i am new to the 14500 and the batteries came with the mod but the battery is 900 mah. How long do yours last pete? do you think i need a higher Mah rating? Thanks for any advice. BTW i got rid of my CR2 3 volts non protected batts and now using the excellerator Life Po. these i like and not afraid to vape on them. every time i used to use the other non pretected CR 2 batts each time i put it to my lips i always thought... hope it dont blow this time. im serious. But i am hardcore 101 st airborne Infantry so what the hell. yeh right. that was long time ago now i am a scared rabbit lol. Thats why i really got excited with the safe chemistry on the High Drains. anyway talking to much happy Vaping

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
what do you use the Trustfire protected 14500 on? I use the same on my other Mod wont say the name. But anyway i am new to the 14500 and the batteries came with the mod but the battery is 900 mah. How long do yours last pete? do you think i need a higher Mah rating? Thanks for any advice. BTW i got rid of my CR2 3 volts non protected batts and now using the excellerator Life Po. these i like and not afraid to vape on them. every time i used to use the other non pretected CR 2 batts each time i put it to my lips i always thought... hope it dont blow this time. im serious. But i am hardcore 101 st airborne Infantry so what the hell. yeh right. that was long time ago now i am a scared rabbit lol. Thats why i really got excited with the safe chemistry on the High Drains. anyway talking to much happy Vaping
There are many mods that use 14500's Billy. No need to mention names. Mine last about 6-7 hours so With one spare in my pocket I'm good for the whole day. To my knowledge, the 900 mAh Protected Trustfires are as high as I've seen in protected 14500's. I have 8 of those LiFePO4 CR'2 and I love them too. However, I won't be needing them anymore because with the LR atty's I get a great hit off 14500's. If I see you around they are yours buddy.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
lol ok wise guy dont be giving away those too soon there Pete. what happens on those special days when ya just want to be real hardcore and go 6 volts and use that special 4.5 atty. lol. You told me to try iut and i did and yeh wow. but the 3.7v is more my style with the LR attys. But days like right now i am having a nic fit and i want some good hits a si jus6t finished doing all my work from this morning. Its 4 pm now so now im gonna take some good hits off the 5 volt with the 4.5 atty. then after i am satisfied i will bring it dpown to 3.7v. i just need some strong nic now. im sure you guys gals get this way once in awhile. I still smoke analogs but only 2 day. 2 in the am with each cup of coffee then i vape rest of the day.
eventually i will get off those 2 real ones. and the LR atty is the thing hats gonna help me.
later guys

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I don't know squat about electrical crap but doesn't having a low resistance increase the risk of battery explosion because basically you are short circuiting a battery with no or little load? Again I am not dissing this as I be dumb...just wondering.

An analogy would be this, Nick --

It's like screwing a 100W light bulb into a fixture that previously had a 60W bulb. Much brighter light, yes? More current (amperage) is drawn because the resistance (ohms) is lower and thus more power. (watts)

A 'short ckt' would be like (and don't try this at home) shoving a screwdriver into a live lamp socket.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Using a LR atty now on a 14500 3.7V mod and it is very close to the xhaler at 5V, it's a little smoother and tons of vapor. In the xhaler with fresh batteries it runs a little higher than 5V which probably explains the slight difference (11w versus 9W essentially).

Cos, your voltage and atty combinations are interesting - the wattage of using a 4.5ohm atty at 6V or the LR atty at 3.7 is about the same (both around 8-9watts). The main difference is how much current is delivered to the atty, I don't have a 4.5 atty so I can't comment on the overall experience - do you notice that the 6V with 4.5 atty is 'stronger'?

Haven't had the 14500 battery's internal protection shutdown on me yet, even though it would seem it runs a little over 2 amps. Works really well actually, I think Drew is really on to something. I've decided not to try it on the eGo/Tornado since I'm not sure of the battery specs and the slow draw with the cone isn't needed, better flavor and vapor with the LR atty anyway. I'm really on the fence about getting either the Woody or the mini xhaler to use with these atty's, although I'm leaning towards the mini since I have an xhaler and need something a little more portable. I'll wait for the mini reviews to pour in once they are available to purchase, but knowing me I'll end up with both of them anyway:)

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
An analogy would be this, Nick --

It's like screwing a 100W light bulb into a fixture that previously had a 60W bulb. Much brighter light, yes? More current (amperage) is drawn because the resistance (ohms) is lower and thus more power. (watts)

A 'short ckt' would be like (and don't try this at home) shoving a screwdriver into a live lamp socket.

Right, and doing so could cause an unsafe condition if the wires aren't rated for that amount of current.

The screwdriver shorts it out why...because it has no resistance. Is not any complete circuit basically a controlled short circuit? What I was wondering was at what resistance does it become a short circuit... .5ohms, .02ohms, .001ohms. See what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread