LR atty life span..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Got mine from the very first batch about a month ago. The first one died after 10 days of steady vaping, but I must admit I cheated a bit with a 4.65v PT. :oops:

The second one's still going strong after 3 weeks. :)

Drew, who's the manufacturer on these? Boge, Bauway, SLB?

If it's a trade secret, you can PM me. I can keep a secret ;)

They arent made by any of the companies you mention...Actually the only one that is really a manufacturer is SLB, the others are distributors that buy ginormous MOQ from different factories...These are made by hand...They can be made in any housing that any of the others use, to spec, and the actual information is kinda proprietory...
I trust you Lotus and have every confidence that you would help me any way you could at any time and I really apreciate it....Thanks
Drew

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
I've bought 16 nhaler LR 510's within the last month. Using them on a tornado. I've used up 4 of them so far. The first 3 didn't die per say, they just gradually started performing poorly. A 2-3 second draw on a new LR 510 gives great throat hit, on my 3 weak ones it felt more like a regular stock 510 atty and battery, 5-7 second draw with weak throat hit. I haven't tried dry burning them yet so that may or may not revive them

The 4th one is the first truly dead one, died within its first few hours of life. Took a draw, it tasted a bit dry so I dripped 2 drops and took another drag and got nothing at all. maybe it was too hot and I should have let it cool before dripping on it

would I have spent more in this month on packs of analog cigarettes than my 4 dead LR attys? yes. Would I have spent less using regular 510s on a 5v device which seem to last longer? yes. jury is still out, perhaps. but I'm still leaning towards tornado+LR since that is what I'm still using despite blowing through these attys much faster

Last edited:

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Well, in the interest of research I have put my xshaler down for the last few days and have been using the LR on a Tornado and have noticed a few things. First is what we already knew, the LR gets VERY hot under that cone and stays that way for a while since the cone blocks airflow to the atty to let it cool. I also have to drip a lot more, more that when using the xshaler, something like 2 drops for 2-3 drags. Lastly, I noticed there is a LOT of condensation when using a 510 cart instead of a drip tip - I wonder if some of that is getting back to the coil?

I can see how someone not that familiar with dripping could fry an LR on the Tornado a little easier thinking they were keeping it juiced up. Anything at 5V (or 9-10 watts) is going to run hotter, dry out faster, be much easier to fry and the LR on a TornEgo seems even a bit more so. Not trying to flame anyone here (this time ;)), but thinking back to when I first got my xhaler and fried 2-3 atty's quickly as I got the hang of it. Hope this helps!

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Well, in the interest of research I have put my xshaler down for the last few days and have been using the LR on a Tornado and have noticed a few things. First is what we already knew, the LR gets VERY hot under that cone and stays that way for a while since the cone blocks airflow to the atty to let it cool. I also have to drip a lot more, more that when using the xshaler, something like 2 drops for 2-3 drags. Lastly, I noticed there is a LOT of condensation when using a 510 cart instead of a drip tip - I wonder if some of that is getting back to the coil?

I can see how someone not that familiar with dripping could fry an LR on the Tornado a little easier thinking they were keeping it juiced up. Anything at 5V (or 9-10 watts) is going to run hotter, dry out faster, be much easier to fry and the LR on a TornEgo seems even a bit more so. Not trying to flame anyone here (this time ;)), but thinking back to when I first got my xhaler and fried 2-3 atty's quickly as I got the hang of it. Hope this helps!

Well said. It acts completely differently on a TornEgo. I know how to run mine on it now, and I like having the options of different devices (Love the XShaler and XHaler, but there are some pockets that suit other devices a little better!)

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
well guys i got my LR atty when i bought my Phidius from Drew. its still going strong and im still on the first one. i have bought few others from Drew and used another one for awhile then put that one back with teh new pile. so back to the 1st LR atty. before i start vaping i put 1 drop of VG on the wick then add my vaping liquid. when i am done for the nite i do a quick dry burn. not like Damulta did just a little dry burn and after that i let it cool down a little so i can blow out any remainbing liquid in them. thats all i do. i vape them on my Phidius Xhaler Mini Xhaler and GG Grant. Love these suckers. and trust me i am hitting these suckers hard as i am a very heavy vapor. 3 to 4 quick hard hits then blow it out and do it again and again. that sucker is hot. i really like these LR attys at 3.7v. also love the cartos still. best of luck to everyone with the LR attys
Cos

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Had a little "birthday" party for my last chrome LR atty today. It made it a week, which is somewhat unusual for me. This is one of the very few LR atties that I had/have that actually required a cleaning (dry burn/washout) cycle.

It will pain me when this old friend goes. It is my last "chrome", which means it is the last atty that I have with the metal internal flow venturi and small center hole. All of my "new" ones have the black insulator (visible from the battery end) and are built differently internally (brushed stainless exterior). I don't have any real experience with the "new ones". I hope they don't let me down.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
This thread grew up quite a bit since I started it.. :)
Seems the atty's I got have the black insulator ring that you mentioned Scottbee.

They are both still working fine so far after almost 2 weeks of usage.
I should note that I don't use them exclusively, but they get used alot during the day.

They still don't have 'quite' the same flavor as a genuine Joye510, but they work very well IMO.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Had a little "birthday" party for my last chrome LR atty today. It made it a week, which is somewhat unusual for me. This is one of the very few LR atties that I had/have that actually required a cleaning (dry burn/washout) cycle.

It will pain me when this old friend goes. It is my last "chrome", which means it is the last atty that I have with the metal internal flow venturi and small center hole. All of my "new" ones have the black insulator (visible from the battery end) and are built differently internally (brushed stainless exterior). I don't have any real experience with the "new ones". I hope they don't let me down.
Since 4/7 I've ordered 5 LR attys in two different orders. All appear to have the same internals(pix posted previously). One died after a soak, and I've been switching between two others for about 3 weeks with no issues. One in original condition and one with the bridge and wick removed. As long as I keep them wet there's no problems, only complaint would be that when the drip doesn't go straight down it appears to be going along the side walls because I'll get a dry hit and leaking from the connector side....so 3 weeks and going strong on two attys using a USB PT w/inline battery - can't complain about that life span!

Can't wait to test them on the XSHaler I just ordered for Mother's Day. Knowing Drew's shipping time I should have a couple days to test it out before I have to fork it over :D

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
If LR atomizers work on a 3.7 volts like a regular 510 does at 6.0 volts why not just vape at 6.0 volts.

First off... the LR atty is designed to replicate the 5V vaping experience.. not the 6V one.

Secondly.... I personally prefer a single packaged battery like the eGo/Tornado over a multi-piece 5V/6V mod. Nicer/smaller package.. easier to charge. But to each his own.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
I ordered 4 of these LR atties and within one week I went through three of them. I kept them from getting dry.... not one burnt taste and yet they died. I have one left and I haven't touched it do to I'm saving it for an emergency vape. I have several from TW. They've lasted pretty good but they leak like crazy.

You guys are lucky if yours lasted more than a week. :)

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
If LR atomizers work on a 3.7 volts like a regular 510 does at 6.0 volts why not just vape at 6.0 volts.

Like Scottbee said it's almost a 510 at 5v which for many is the sweet spot. Also, more than the convenience of a single battery, there have been some problems with stacking batteries. Originally not many of the 3v were protected either. So they require a bit more attention, thought and knowledge to use and charge effectively and safely. So LR atomizers appeared giving you close to the same wattage with a 3.7v battery as a regular atomizer at 5v. Now we have a small selection of protected 3v batteries so stacking is becoming a little "less technical" to use.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
i got 25 from NHaler a month ago and still running my first 2 and there running like new. I vape 6-7ml's of fluid a day through the NHaler drip tip attached to my Ego Batts, I've also had them on Both my GG'S GGTS & GGT but mostly on my Egos. I keep them drenched wet and flooded all the time to get the best vape and performance and have cleaned them each once so far with just a warm ater rince then filled them both with PGA and swooshed it around a bit then another warm water rince, dripped some pg on em after I blew em out, today is 32days they are running like new. Lie I said I eep em flooded and I thhink thats why I havenr blown them because they run very hot much hotter then a regular 510 they run at 2 amps so all I can say is keep em really wet guys

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
i got 25 from NHaler a month ago and still running my first 2 and there running like new. I vape 6-7ml's of fluid a day through the NHaler drip tip attached to my Ego Batts, I've also had them on Both my GG'S GGTS & GGT but mostly on my Egos. I keep them drenched wet and flooded all the time to get the best vape and performance and have cleaned them each once so far with just a warm ater rince then filled them both with PGA and swooshed it around a bit then another warm water rince, dripped some pg on em after I blew em out, today is 32days they are running like new. Lie I said I eep em flooded and I thhink thats why I havenr blown them because they run very hot much hotter then a regular 510 they run at 2 amps so all I can say is keep em really wet guys

longevity might also be you are using mainly on the ego which has a little bit less voltage than the 3.7 battys are putting out. Don't know but seems you have gotten the most out of them I have seen to date.. How long does you ego last on a batty charge using them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread