LR atty life span..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Now I'm intrigued too. Here's one I got last week, it's a 'pedestrian 1.5Ω unit. It died on the TornEgo late last night, but it sacrificed itself for a few autopsy photos for anyone interested:

http://skitch.com

If I get a chance I'll snap off a few pics of some of the other LR variants. I think you'll be intrigued.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
jazzguy, in image #3 and #5 it looks like you are missing the white/semi-transparent threads that the coil wraps around. That's what's laying on the paper in my images. Did you remove that as part of your dissection?

I did remove that as I was taking it apart. I just forgot to snap an image while it was still there!

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I tried to pull apart one of the older ones from the first batch, but it did NOT want to come apart. I destroyed it trying....
If the coil portion is not affixed to the outer cylinder you can cut just above the battery connection with a pipe cutter and slide the remaining outer cylinder off. Just be careful to not over tighten it and pinch the internal components.

If the primary failure point of the atomizers is the coil I'm surprised someone hasn't marketed an atty that you could easily replace the coil/mesh as one unit. Would be much cheaper on parts and shipping, but I guess that's a topic for another forum unless Drew is consider designing his own atty :)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
As promised, I had the opportunity to dig out one of my dissected LR atties from NHaler. Here's a look:

Img_0617.jpg

As you can immediately see, it is substantially different than the ones that others have shown.

Now I don't know if this is because Drew thinks I am "special" in a kewl kinda way, or if he thinks I am "special" in the "Special Education" kinda way... but this is the style that I have received with both of my orders.. in black or "chrome".

For me and my bottom-feeder.. these vape exceptionally well.. although they have a fairly short lifespan.

Of course.. now I'm afraid. What if I order more from Drew and I get the "other" style and I don't like them as much. I shall be forever saddened. And I have justification for that fear, as I ordered some LR atties from a "different" vendor (Oh my, Drew will now hate me forever and spit in my HV juice).. and they don't perform nearly as well for me with my rig.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
Ok I am sad now..Consistency is why one comes to the same vendor over and over.

Drew has been really good to all of us who have taken the time to know him even a little bit.

Please Tell us Drew what is really happening behind the scenes. I too know my first two atties are different then my last four. I also know my last four are better imho then the first 2 LR 510. My LR801 ummmmmmmm yum i want MORE...let me order more pretty please lol

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
This i the developemental stage and we are working on the best ones we can come out with...These are slight design changes that will eventually put us at the top of the vaping chain...Thanks
Drew
Are you saying you have a hand in the development?

I think what I have is an improvement since there's a dedicated negative wire...makes sense. I had issues with the connection on my Fog Log mod because the adapter was pressed in w/o a negative wire and juice slowly started finding its way between the metals.

Natura, better to have frequent modifications/improvements than consistent suckiness. It's the price we have to pay for wanting the latest greatest :D

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Wow that looks a lot shorter and doesn't use a negative wire. I'd like to get my hands on one for my little copper pill :) Maybe I'll get lucky and the 3 LR attys I should be getting tomorrow will some.

Oh wait, was that in a casing?

Yes.... they were in casings. The metal "venturi disk" (in lieu of a plastic one as shown in the other photos) is pressed into the threaded battery adapter... with perhaps a little bit of solder. That creates the ground connection.

The bridge and supplemental wick are probably different too.... I noticed that these have very small wick fibers, and they are essentially bonded to the coil pot adjacent to the coil. And the "guts" (as shown in my picture) are bonded into the casing. You can see the excess glue from the bridge/cartridge end.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Got mine from the very first batch about a month ago. The first one died after 10 days of steady vaping, but I must admit I cheated a bit with a 4.65v PT. :oops:

The second one's still going strong after 3 weeks. :)

Drew, who's the manufacturer on these? Boge, Bauway, SLB?

If it's a trade secret, you can PM me. I can keep a secret ;)

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
Been using my LR atty for about a week with heavy vaping and it is working great. I was a little carefull after frying my first one after 3 drags but now I use it like any other atty. About the only thing I do different is let it cool down longer than I would a regular 510 atty. I love the LR 510's. Pretty close to vaping at 6V on my Chuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread