LR atty life span..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
doots great point you have I never really thought about that and maybe just maybe thats it, YOU GOT IT.!! I havent timed it but with the LR's drawing like 2.5 amps I know the Ego last less than normal. However I chain vape and I would still say the Ego is lasting me the better part of my work day before I change it, maybe a bit less im not sure like I said I havent timed it but I will now just to see, Your point on the Ego running @ 3.2v or so could be the magic to this thing, I just got some new LR's @ 1.7 ohm that I like even better too it's just a bit smoother on the fluid taste and I will have to see if I get the same performance. But good thinking Doots good thinking my friend

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
doots great point you have I never really thought about that and maybe just maybe thats it, YOU GOT IT.!! I havent timed it but with the LR's drawing like 2.5 amps I know the Ego last less than normal. However I chain vape and I would still say the Ego is lasting me the better part of my work day before I change it, maybe a bit less im not sure like I said I havent timed it but I will now just to see, Your point on the Ego running @ 3.2v or so could be the magic to this thing, I just got some new LR's @ 1.7 ohm that I like even better too it's just a bit smoother on the fluid taste and I will have to see if I get the same performance. But good thinking Doots good thinking my friend

Glad to know MW that its lasting that long. That is great.. Im getting an Ego this week and glad to know that my LR might last longer,, I agree that the 1.7 and 1.8 do seem to be smoother and not so hot.

vip0802

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2010
Maryland
i think my LR atty is about to die after only 2 and a half days. :cry: i've been using it on my eGo without the cone to prevent overheating, and i've been using a drip tip so i don't think it was from flooding either.

i'm in the process of ordering more, but is there anyway to try to revive it while i wait for the new ones to arrive? i still hear it working, but there's no heat and just a few wisps of vapor that comes out. none of my other standard 510 attys have died on me yet, and all i do for maintenance is blow them out and wipe the threads, so i'm a little reluctant to wash/boil/soak the LR. i am willing to try anything though...these standard attys just aren't the same!

Rambosmurf

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
Seems I must be doing something wrong. I have had my atty going for 3 weeks and its still going. On some days I vape heavy. Others not so much. I treat it like all my other attys, just have to re-juice a lot more often. It is just now slowing down a little, but still way more than a stock atty.
As far as the leaky, loose carts. Take a razor and score some slanted lines on the cart where it goes in the atty. Ends the leaking and tightens them right up. I also use frayed PTB's in my carts. Maybe that's the difference. Either that or just plain lucky.

Last edited:

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Well.... sadly... for the time being I am off the NHaler LR atty wagon.

The last of my chrome atties died the other day after over a week of stellar performance (which is quite good for me and my setup). This forced me to break out the "new" NHaler units (brushed stainless) with the black insulators and wide bridges.

These aren't going to work for me (personally). They don't give me the same performance (once again... on MY rig) as the previous versions.... and I am having exceptionally bad "luck" with the lifespan.

My search continues..... <sigh>

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Well.... sadly... for the time being I am off the NHaler LR atty wagon.

The last of my chrome atties died the other day after over a week of stellar performance (which is quite good for me and my setup). This forced me to break out the "new" NHaler units (brushed stainless) with the black insulators and wide bridges.

These aren't going to work for me (personally). They don't give me the same performance (once again... on MY rig) as the previous versions.... and I am having exceptionally bad "luck" with the lifespan.

My search continues..... <sigh>

sorry Scottbee may i ask which ones are these
new" NHaler units (brushed stainless) with the black insulators and wide bridges.
and which ones are you comparing these to? i never had a wide bridge on any of my Nhaler LR attys. just skinny bridge and they work fine. i have 2 left out of 4. So maybe your saying if you get the LR attys now the bridges are wider therefore different LR attys than the beginning when they first came out. i bought my LR attys when i bought my Phidius. Back then i bought 2 of the 1.5 ohms and 2 of the 1.618 ohms.
Thanks for any info Scottbee. sorry what happenned for you man.
Good luck finding what ya need.
Cos

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
COS,

Drew changed manufacturers or manufacturing methods on his LR atties. The "early" units that I got from him (6 black, 6 chrome) had a silicone (clear) insulator ring around the center pole, a small (.0625") center hole, narrow bridges, and a metal internal venturi disk. Through the cartridge end of these atties you could actually see the white adhesive that was used to hold them together. I LOVED these atties. LOVED them.

The last batch that I got from him.. which I now assume is his "standard", have a black insulator around the center pole, a .0745" center hole, and a "wider" bridge.

So I am now on a quest... not unlike Monty Python. ;)

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
COS,

Drew changed manufacturers or manufacturing methods on his LR atties. The "early" units that I got from him (6 black, 6 chrome) had a silicone (clear) insulator ring around the center pole, a small (.0625") center hole, narrow bridges, and a metal internal venturi disk. Through the cartridge end of these atties you could actually see the white adhesive that was used to hold them together. I LOVED these atties. LOVED them.

The last batch that I got from him.. which I now assume is his "standard", have a black insulator around the center pole, a .0745" center hole, and a "wider" bridge.

So I am now on a quest... not unlike Monty Python. ;)

This whole time I thought the 'black insulator' you were talking about was the material around the coil...now that I have it straight I checked all the attys I have(3 seperate orders since last month) and they all have the black insulator ring around the positive battery connection point. I still have only parted ways with one of these units and just got a new order of goodies in today. I think these are finicky depending on what PV you have, I can send you a link to what I have(different vendor) if you want to PM me.

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
I think I either have found a lucky LR atty, or my technique is improving. I popped my first 3 LR's within the first two days of using them. The fourth one never seemed to start kicking and I tried the dry burn technique in the video floating around here. Since I did that (and I cooked it HARD!), this atty has been on fire! Maybe I was actually babying the first ones too much and ended up killing them that way? It is definitely a learning experience, but the LR's are incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread