Lr carto question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sppowers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Boston
So I threw a LR DC carto (roughly 1.6ohm) on my buzz today and set to 3.8v. it was way to hot for me to handle and I am quite a fan of 5.5-6v vaping with my boge sr cartos. I thought this was odd, I tuned down to taste and when I checked where I was comfortable it was reading at 3.1v. Does this seem normal to any of you? from what I have been reading thats an extremely low voltage.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
It sounds very strange. [For me, the dual coil cartos are only satisfying on at least 4.2V (e.g., 18650 battery hot off the charger or VV). A net resistance of 1.6 ohms from two 3.2 ohm coils sounds right arithmetically, but it is contrary to actual performance. The Boge 2.0 ohm cartos and Smok Tech 1.7 ohm single coils hit much harder on a 3.2V eGo or 3.7V PV than those "1.6 ohm" dual coils.]

Why it is doing that – I don't know. Some technical glitch in the carto or Buzz (or their interaction) I'm sure, but others more astute than I would have to diagnose.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So I threw a LR DC carto (roughly 1.6ohm) on my buzz today and set to 3.8v. it was way to hot for me to handle and I am quite a fan of 5.5-6v vaping with my boge sr cartos. I thought this was odd, I tuned down to taste and when I checked where I was comfortable it was reading at 3.1v. Does this seem normal to any of you? from what I have been reading thats an extremely low voltage.

At 3.1 you're at 6 Watts - a main factor and the other main factor is flavor. Some flavors flame out (lose flavor) above that, while others are enhanced. Try a few other flavors at a higher Wattage and check again. Coffee flavor usually take the heat well. But it could be like Don says - a glitch in the hardware - probably the carto.... You might put it on a meter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread