hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yesterday when I was leaving work, I threw my pv's in my lunch box and went to wash my hands and then headed for my car. By the time I got in my car and opened my lunch box to grab my pv's for the way home, I smelled something burning. I guess when I put the pv's in my lunch box, the button was pushed in on my SD that had a lr306 and drip tip on it from Drew. I took the battery out and let everything cool down. I saw that the spring had collapsed some so stretched it back out, put in a new battery, dripped some liquid and gave it a try fully expecting the atty to be burnt out. It had seemed like it was getting clogged up during the day and needed cleaning. To my surprise, the LR306 worked like brand new. Not only did it not burn out, it cleaned itself. These attys are truly amazing and appear to be almost indestructible. Thanks Drew.

cos

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 22, 2009
    St Petersburg Florida
    Yesterday when I was leaving work, I threw my pv's in my lunch box and went to wash my hands and then headed for my car. By the time I got in my car and opened my lunch box to grab my pv's for the way home, I smelled something burning. I guess when I put the pv's in my lunch box, the button was pushed in on my SD that had a lr306 and drip tip on it from Drew. I took the battery out and let everything cool down. I saw that the spring had collapsed some so stretched it back out, put in a new battery, dripped some liquid and gave it a try fully expecting the atty to be burnt out. It had seemed like it was getting clogged up during the day and needed cleaning. To my surprise, the LR306 worked like brand new. Not only did it not burn out, it cleaned itself. These attys are truly amazing and appear to be almost indestructible. Thanks Drew.

Glad you had no damage Hittman. yeh i decided that the only attys i want now are the LR306. I will also use my reg 4081 when i want 6 volts.

laurel099

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Wow! Dude, that is impressive. I melted a drip tip with an LR510 in my purse and the atty was burnt & nasty!

I'm so impressed with these atomizers! I'm always scared of the dry burns for fear of that burnt wick taste but man! Sounds like you just put it on the auto clean cycle LMAO!

Cool, thanks for sharing! Glad the atty is okay :) Hope your lunch was too wheee!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2009
    Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
    LR306 Attys are awesom but I cant say the same myself, I had one on my wetbox and my button got sticky from a small leak, I took my last vape, set it down and went up to bed, came down the next morning and my wet box was a melt box, hahaha dam thing melted away and looked crazy I wished I took a picture of it, and glad I didnt have it in my suite case on my recent flight to the west coast, plane might have caught fire, haha but seriosly these LR306's rule and I love em

cos

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 22, 2009
    St Petersburg Florida
    Hey Cos! You coming to the Bradenon meet tomorrow?? Would love to see you! Details in the Florida section :D

By the way, I'm planning to buy some denture tablets to test...you have me curious!

Hey Laurel no im sorry i am not going tomorrow. I have too many things going on. i was going. I sent a message to Linda and to Pete that i couldnt make it. but god willing i will be at the next one. Thanks Laurel

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread